Saying Goodbye To Knox

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've had a lot on my plate the past few weeks.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I decided that we weren't working out and since we live together I am moving out. We're still friends and on really good terms. There aren't any hard feelings and who knows maybe one day we will work it out. We just know for now it's not possible.

Anyways, this brings me to the worst part about the whole situation. Knox. :( My boyfriend has decided he wants to keep Knox. I kind of knew this was a possibility but honestly I never thought we would be in this situation. Luka will obviously be with me, there isn't even a question of that. He said I can see him whenever I want but it's not the same. If i take both it would be extremely selfish and it would make our relationship end on bad terms. He loves Knox just as much as I do.

I seriously am devastated at not having Knox around anymore. Not to mention how it will affect Luka. I mean they are best friends. Everybody has told me I need to get a second dog but honestly I feel like I'm just replacing Knox and I can't do that.

So basically this is the thread where I am feeling sorry for myself.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah no....bless you hun, its never easy.

You dont need to get a second dog, swaping one for another wont do you any favours...you'll know when the time is right for another.

i suppose the only thing i would suggest is mentioning, which i am sure you probably have already, but if he finds that he cant give knox the attention he deserves, that Knoxs goes to you, as apposed to rehoming.

i suppose the only thing i would suggest is mentioning, which i am sure you probably have already, but if he finds that he cant give knox the attention he deserves, that Knoxs goes to you, as apposed to rehoming.

that's already been discussed. I would never allow him to be rehomed with anyone but me. haha also, if either of us goes on vacation the other will take whichever dog.

I am sorry for what you are going through :(  It is never any fun at all.

When my ex and I broke up, we had a Rotty named Boomer. I was going to pack my things and move after I got out of work and take Boomer with me because my ex didn't have a job and obviously couldn't afford the vet bills or food (my ex had stayed at someone else's house the previous night and left the dog with me, and Boomer was still there when I left for work the next morning) and when I came home from work, Boomer was gone and there was a note telling me to pack my things and move out...even though it was I who initiated the breakup... I have not seen Boomer to this day and that was 5 years ago this month.

I am glad that you two are on good terms, I hope it stays that way so you are able to see Knox.

thanks for the support! if i ever get married i'm getting a prenup giving me sole custody of my dogs hahaa

My husband told me I can have the cat, dog(s), rabbits, and chickens and the house IF we ever split...he gets the trucks, lol. I doubt anything would ever happen to us though.

Sorry that things haven't worked out right for you two, but at least you had the sense to see it before it turned bitter.  If you're going to be dog sitting for each other they'll have a bit of a chance to play.  Maybe set up some play date for the dogs ... ???

i plan on it but i'm also not naive on how people drift apart.

Wow, sorry to hear that :(

That must be pretty hard on you.  I don't know what I would do if I had to give up living with one of my dogs.  Hope things start looking up.  I am assuming he has agreed to watch Luka while your at camp then?

Wow, sorry to hear that :(

That must be pretty hard on you.  I don't know what I would do if I had to give up living with one of my dogs.  Hope things start looking up.  I am assuming he has agreed to watch Luka while your at camp then?

yeah he's taking care of Luka while i'm at camp luckily. I wasn't too worried about that though, if he refused he was going to the director of our husky rescues house haha she had already made room. it would've been like husky camp for him as she owns 8!

Aww no sorry to see this :( Glad you are breaking up on good terms etc though :) When me and my ex split up i kept Shadow and he kept Logan... unfortunately for me it was not a good break up so i dont see Logan, i do have a friend who updates me on how he is every now and then though :)

I can understand about not wanting a second dog straight away in time you may do but take as much time as you need you dont HAVE to get a second right now :)