A poorly little girl's wish in the news today

Mollys_mum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thanks should go to you molly's_mum, If you hadn't started this thread, chances are, none of this would have happened.

Thank you.

X

Thank you for the mention, hun; I am just grateful to 'pass on the baton' as it were. There have been so many occasions that I've posted something where someone is in desperate need on other forums I belong to, and for some reason it just fizzles out without even having gained any momentum.That said, I once heard a story on a parents' forum where an estranged English woman and her child were left homeless in an EU country with no way to get back home to England. Her tragic circumstances unfolded over a period of about 6 months, and by the end of it many people on the forum got together and paid for her and her child to get back to the UK. A car pool was then arranged from the East coast right down to Sommerset. When she and her child arrived at their destination they had bags of clothes and toys that members had donated, plus a place to stay until they were on their feet. I have never forgotten it and always hoped that I'd be part of an online community that would pull out all the stops to do something similar. I have found it here.:D

You're the hero of the thread Nick; you did something really amazing. Not only did you pick up the baton and run with it, but you did it under some very stressful circumstances (you had the 'stress' of all of us backing you - not sure I could have done the same. On top of that you handled it with grace, empathy and discretion.

There's a lot more we could and can do for this little girl...but one step at a time.

In the interim, I hope this isn't inappropriate, but this is for you:

TTeEli3t7Cg

I’ve have such mixed emotions at the moment, with this thread. My heart is so full of sorrow for this little girl, and the pain and anguish that Katy’s family must be going through at this time. Yet I also feel great warmth when reading through the heart felt messages.

And Nick, Storm and everybody that contributed to today’s visit, what a great thing to do … from picking up the phone and calling the hospice to getting back home today.

I don’t say prayers very often, but over the last couple of days i.ve not stopped thinking and praying for this family to find some peace.

You're the hero of the thread Nick; you did something really amazing.

Not at all, any one of us would have done the same, it just happened to be me.

How could any one of us be a hero when Katy has undergone 30 Radiotherapy treatments and is still a happy young girl?

A few hours out of the day and a gallon of petrol, doesn't even come close to what she has gone through.

Now who do you think deserves recognition?

The local newspaper, (The Lancashire Evening Post) is running an appeal, I know times are hard for many people at the moment, but if you can, please help.

Fighting for Katy Appeal

A

Not at all, any one of us would have done the same, it just happened to be me.

How could any one of us be a hero when Katy has undergone 30 Radiotherapy treatments and is still a happy young girl?

A few hours out of the day and a gallon of petrol, doesn't even come close to what she has gone through.

Now who do you think deserves recognition?

The local newspaper, (The Lancashire Evening Post) is running an appeal, I know times are hard for many people at the moment, but if you can, please help.

Fighting for Katy Appeal

Oi, don't be so coy! You represented everyone who contributed to this thread. And no, not everyone could have done it, but you did. Nuff said. x

Talking on Facebook we have also come up with the suggestion of editing a video with our dogs howling... can this be possible. I know we have some wonderful people on here who are good at editing video's... I would also have a go if need be.. should we start another thread asking for clips of our furrbabies howling and see what we can do :)

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/post-your-videos-of-your-furbabies-howling.34588/

Talking on Facebook we have also come up with the suggestion of editing a video with our dogs howling... can this be possible. I know we have some wonderful people on here who are good at editing video's... I would also have a go if need be.. should we start another thread asking for clips of our furrbabies howling and see what we can do :)

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/post-your-videos-of-your-furbabies-howling.34588/

Do you have any suggestions to get a non howling husky to howl LOL

Btw awesome thread, I never had an inking when I joined this forum of what a wonderful, loving and giving community it is :)

We just got back from seeing Katy.

As we pulled up outside the Hospice Katy's Mum was looking out of the window whilst she was talking to a local journalist on the phone and said to him that a Husky was just getting out of the car, but up she still had no idea we were there to visit Katy. I assumed yesterday that the lady I spoke to at the Hospice had checked with the family, but no, she'd just checked with the nurses to see if was OK for us to visit.

They were delighted when we arrived at Katy's room, Storm was ever so well behaved, gave Katy a few Husky kisses and stood with her paws on her chair whilst getting stroked.

They took a few photo's of her visit and will email them down to us, will post them on here once we get them.

She loved the badge and especially the toy Husky Liz Jones (thanks again) and called it Storm,

I passed on everyone's kind messages of support from our worldwide community and they were very grateful, I also mentioned the poster that Michelle Melsom is kindly sorting out to her Mum, again, huge thanks came our way. I'm sure Katy's Mum will have a look on the forum.

Thanks to ~Nishka~, (Julie) who came along and saved me from getting emotional.

I left my number with them and said that anytime she wanted more furry visitors, just to let me know and H-O will sort it out.

Katy's room has large double doors that look out onto a lawn, and when we said we could have a chorus of Furbies howling a chorus for her, her Mum said that's it's one of her favorite things and even has a CD of Wolf Howling set to music.

I thought I was doing ever so well until I got home and tried telling my wife about our visit, that's when I lost it :cry1:.

Thanks again everyone, you're all stars.

:huskyrocks:

ooh my gosh I always know HO is an amazing forum but I never thought it is THIS amazing! :goodjob::huskyrocks: I LOVE YOU GUYS! :yahoo:

Personally I think we've done what we can with regards to visiting now. Katy's mum and dad has Nicks contact details so if she would like anymore visits she can contact him and he will let us know if we can help then. It was clear to see the visit was tiring for her, so anymore visits should be arranged at their request so we don't get under their feet now. That's my opinion anyway x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I think your amazing for doing this Nick, I know anyone of us would have done - but the speed you pulled it together was fantastic. Also, I would have been blubbing as soon as I got in the room so the fact you held it together I really respect that.

Thank you for representing us all xxxx

Just now reading this as I've been home on dial up which = SLOW. It's such a sad thing to hear. Cancer is never easy to deal with (my mother suffered with it) but even harder when its a child. Glad to here a husky visit could bring a smile. Here's sending lots of positive thoughts and wishes to Kathy and her family.

I was under the impression that's what was happening, to be honest, Julie; we were letting Nick know that if the family felt Katy was up to a flying visit from some huskies, we would love to help out if that phone call ever came

For which we, and I'm sure Katy & her parents are very grateful, We were just a little concerned that between this thread and another thread that's running on Facebook that people were going to turn up en-masse with their dogs.

This is what I wrote on the Facebook thread

"

I've been giving this a lot of though and also spoken to Julie who went with me yesterday, and I'm thinking this would just be too much for her at the moment. Her Mum has my number and has said she would give me a call if she wanted another

visit from the Huskies

Katy also needs time and energy to fulfill as many other things on her wish list as she can.

They were very grateful yesterday for everybody's kind thoughts and wishes, and think we should just leave it as that, for now.

This has been very difficult for me to write as I know you all want to help, but please understand"

If I've misunderstood people's intentions, I apologise.

Thanks again for everyone's support.