A poorly little girl's wish in the news today

Mollys_mum

I'm sure Katy will be overjoyed when I pass on everyone's Best Wishes & Husky Kisses,

You are all stars, give yourselves a round of applause :clap::clap::clap:

Nick, XX

:huskyrocks:

(prior warning...this may sound odd!)... The more I think about this, the more I wish there was something that I could do, beyond hopeful thoughts and adding photos of my gorgeous dogs to an online forum.

With that in mind... I feel very proud to know you...even if it is only through said online forum! I feel proud that this wee online family has pulled together once again. And while I know my hopeful thoughts and pretty photos are only small...knowing the way everyone has pulled together and knowing you and storm are going to see her...it makes me feel like i'm part of something much bigger.

I hope that tomorrow goes well and I will look forward to reading about your visit with this lovely girl.

Xx

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone in the North West have a H-O Badge or Sticker I can take up there tomorrow to give to Katy.

Maybe we could meet somewhere en-route so I could get it.

Have you managed to get one? i've got some if you need them and a husky bag she can have

Have you managed to get one? i've got some if you need them and a husky bag she can have

maybe somebody could sort out a husky hat too ? what do we think?

nick wow what ur doing is amazing - i also add my best wishes too her - i can just imagine the look on her face when u walk in :)

maybe somebody could sort out a husky hat too ? what do we think?

nick wow what ur doing is amazing - i also add my best wishes too her - i can just imagine the look on her face when u walk in :)

I second the husky hat - she'll love it!

Wow! This thread has really taken off. I was actually quite moved when I logged on a little while ago to read all of the posts since I logged off last night. I noticed a photo one up and running so have posted a pic there too.

What an amazing forum family we have here.:grouphug:

oh my god :cry1: stories like this remind me of how lucky am I and I shouldn't act like a child and feel sorry for myself for every little problems >_< hopefully she managed to visit all the places she wants to visit... Sending prayers to her and her family

if any one can help her ride with huskys its got to be us lot .......

A very sad story; I noticed that one of her wishes is to go sledding with huskies. I don't know if anyone on here could help in any way, but here's the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083090/Desperate-mother-baby-induced-early-meet-dying-10-year-old-sister.html[

I've just has a call back from one of the Nurses at the Hospice,

Katy isn't really up to having a sleigh ride unfortunately but her parents asked if I would take Storm up tomorrow afternoon to visit.

I think I best take some spare tissues

oh thats wonderful nick... they will be in my prayers..

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like someone who is pacing up and down in a birthing delivery suite. There isn't a 'pacing up and down' emoticon and this is the best I could find: :coffee: I've been thinking of nothing else all day. Anyone else feeling the same? Any news yet?

We just got back from seeing Katy.

As we pulled up outside the Hospice Katy's Mum was looking out of the window whilst she was talking to a local journalist on the phone and said to him that a Husky was just getting out of the car, but up she still had no idea we were there to visit Katy. I assumed yesterday that the lady I spoke to at the Hospice had checked with the family, but no, she'd just checked with the nurses to see if was OK for us to visit.

They were delighted when we arrived at Katy's room, Storm was ever so well behaved, gave Katy a few Husky kisses and stood with her paws on her chair whilst getting stroked.

They took a few photo's of her visit and will email them down to us, will post them on here once we get them.

She loved the badge and especially the toy Husky Liz Jones (thanks again) and called it Storm,

I passed on everyone's kind messages of support from our worldwide community and they were very grateful, I also mentioned the poster that Michelle Melsom is kindly sorting out to her Mum, again, huge thanks came our way. I'm sure Katy's Mum will have a look on the forum.

Thanks to ~Nishka~, (Julie) who came along and saved me from getting emotional.

I left my number with them and said that anytime she wanted more furry visitors, just to let me know and H-O will sort it out.

Katy's room has large double doors that look out onto a lawn, and when we said we could have a chorus of Furbies howling a chorus for her, her Mum said that's it's one of her favorite things and even has a CD of Wolf Howling set to music.

I thought I was doing ever so well until I got home and tried telling my wife about our visit, that's when I lost it :cry1:.

Thanks again everyone, you're all stars.

:huskyrocks:

I know when we used to do Biker Christmas toy runs to Alder Hey childrens' hospital in Liverpool, we all held it together till we came back out to leave & lots of tears were shed, big hairy bikers too!!

It is a wonderful thing you have done today, Nick, it will have taken Katy & her family's mind off their troubles for a little while at least, I bet Katy had the BIGGEST smile ever!! Well done, xxx

I don't know if there is a special HO award you could be given by the mod's on here, but you sure as hell deserve one Nick - and those that have been helping you out.

Hope you'll keep on visiting if you are able , and keep us all posted with your news. Well done you. x

I left my number with them and said that anytime she wanted more furry visitors, just to let me know and H-O will sort it out.

Katy's room has large double doors that look out onto a lawn, and when we said we could have a chorus of Furbies howling a chorus for her, her Mum said that's it's one of her favorite things and even has a CD of Wolf Howling set to music.

you know how much we will all do to make this a success if they agree to it

I don't know if there is a special HO award you could be given by the mod's on here, but you sure as hell deserve one Nick - and those that have been helping you out.

Hope you'll keep on visiting if you are able , and keep us all posted with your news. Well done you. x

The thanks should go to you molly's_mum, If you hadn't started this thread, chances are, none of this would have happened.

Thank you.

X