Husky damage.....

Sarah

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

kiras actually quite good, she loves digging so the garden looks like part of the moon but we dont care about that as it needs work anyway, she seems to like sleeping in them lol. the the fences look a state where we've 'kira proofed' them, shes always finding new ways out so every couple of weeks a different bit of fence or wood is added to stop her lol. inside the house she seems to be fine tho, do have to shut the kitchen door if the dishes arent done tho cus she puts her paws on the side and tries to clean everything for us but usually breaks them in the process. someone left a pot noodle on the table to cool down once and that went everywhere aswell lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I can totally add to this thread as well. Chewy only has 2 really bad habits, but one has definately done some damage. LOL

Technically, my yard was a junky yard anyway so I totally forgive chewy and I have no proble actually sort of thanking him...lmao.

My yard used to look like it had grass, but in fact it never really did it was all nasty weeds...icky! Now it is completely void of anything that could resemble grass- anything remotely grasslike is just dry plant matter...lol...but at least there are not hip length weeds taking over the corners by the fence...chewy took care of that because apparently those annoyed him too so he ripped them out. He is the "hole-diggenest" dog i have ever had and no trick known by man has stopped him yet (yes I even tried chicken wire) LOL. Basically it looks like a barren desert out there when its dry and like a monsoon has been through the area if its wet lmao...but at least there are no weeds to mow!!

lets see now where should I start with nooks think I will start with the leather suite she systematically chewed when a pup then she got to like the taste of the dining c hairs then scatter cushions not forgetting the doors but that was all when she was a pup and after all that we still love her to bits and our thoughts were its just a bit of furniture where as she gives us lots of love and pleasure to compensate now she is out of the stage of major destruction thank god rofl

Hi,

Glad to hear it's not just Shiloh eating furniture?

Did nooks do this while you were out during the day? When you say pup, how old was he and when did it stop?

lets see now where should I start with nooks think I will start with the leather suite she systematically chewed when a pup then she got to like the taste of the dining c hairs then scatter cushions not forgetting the doors but that was all when she was a pup and after all that we still love her to bits and our thoughts were its just a bit of furniture where as she gives us lots of love and pleasure to compensate now she is out of the stage of major destruction thank god rofl

• 3 weeks later...

On the whole we haven't done too badly with damage.

However, we have had some.

Maddi sneaked upstairs, and did this to a large pillow.

Download201008404.jpg

Download201008403.jpg

She likes to dig as well. Not taken recently, but this is her after a digging session.

Download201008354.jpg

Download201008357.jpg

Mishka is also a keen gardener, digging plenty of holes for me to fill, deciding she doesn't like certain plants, so she kills them by chewing. Quite what she is after in their place, we have yet to find out.

No pics yet....will add when we get some;)

Marty

• 8 months later...

Dakota tends to destroy things when I'm out of town. I used to think that it's because he misses me, but now I think that I'm just better at husky-proofing than Tim is. Tim also left the trash can in the room, and, well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict the outcome there. :lol:

lol no pics BUT so far skyla has chewed - 3 xbox controllers the wire (clean thru) on my ghds the wire for the guitar hero microphone - our internet wire :o - countless bits ov post 1 ov my books one ov my twilight posters :o my boots - the laces on my converse - the list is endless - she is now locked in the kitchen with blaze when we go out lol(all 3 used 2 have full run ov the house now bings gets 2 sleep up stairs when we go out - get sum peace and quiet - whilst they r in the kitchen lol)

The only damage we've suffered with Nooks, is a pawed at door frame in the bathroom after he managed to open the door andget himself trapped when we first got him and a couple of nice cityscape patterns of unraveled carpet for both bedroom and livingroom doorways.

• 3 weeks later...

Dakota does not like changes to his daily schedule. The second week after I started a new job he decided to show me how he felt about me leaving him earlier in the morning than normal. I went to blowdry my hair and I can out to this! I was so mad! I haven't even finished paying the couch off! On the bright side, at least this is the only thing he has destroyed.

post-1971-13585953878943_thumb.jpg

post-1971-13585953886902_thumb.jpg

we have been sooooooooooooooo lucky, shiloh hasnt even attempted to destroy our house on the inside- phew!!

he has however gone through 5 beds since we got him in Feb 2010...this is his last, once he's destroyed this he aint gettin any more angry.gifangry.gif

the back garden however is a totally different story angry.gifangry.gif will take some pics and upload tomoz....those of you comin to mine for the walk/bbq will see exactly what i mean- its not a pretty site laugh.gif

Mine have done PLENTY over the years. I think most of it was Nikita (the non-husky) but I am not saying Sampson is innocent either. Here is a short list of the things that have been destroyed.

ALL of the blinds in the house (7 all told)

Chewed through the island in the kitchen to get..........potatoes of all things

Pulled the dryer away from the wall and make the vent hole big enough for her to squeeze through to get outside

Dug so many holes around her dog house that it actually ended up falling into them

Three carpets dug up by the front doors (pretty sure this was Sampson)

Removed all of the shelves and drawers from the fridge

Pulled the microwave off the counter and onto the floor

Chew completely through 3 sofas all the way through to the springs

Chew the cushions off a 4th sofa

Completing took apart the chain link fence that made up one of their runs (think this was a joint effort)

Countless shoes and slippers

Countless stuffed animals that belonged to everyone but them (would even steal them from children when they came overunsure.gif)

Worked in cahoots with the cat in order to get the hamster out of its cage, the cat reached in and got it out of the tank and Sampson played with it

Stole the christmas ham off the stove, we wrestled it back from her, washed it off and cut away the bits with teeth marks in it, sliced it all up and never told anyone......lmao. Some did ask why it was already cravedrolleyes.gif

Legs of the dining room table and chairs

She also chewed the upholstery of at least two cars, as I left her for just a few minutes to run in and get somethingrolleyes.gif

That is just to name a few..........

The worst thing is that Nikita is 11yrs old now and if left unsupervised she would still get up to this. She even tries when you are looking right at her, especially the stealing of food. She has it in her head that if she moves slowly and acts like she wants cuddles, you will never cotton on that she is trying to steal your foodlaugh.gif