Please help me with Koda

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slight improvement - got him in his crate and he curled up - gave him treats and went to bed. Sat down, took boots off - AWWWWOOOOOO *screams....cries* I go to bed Carries on for about 10 mins then stops for 2 then starts again, this goes on for over an hour, last looked at the clock around 1.30am

woke up at 4.45 to more screams but they sounded different so went downstairs and numb nuts had got his head stuck in the bloody crate! so let all 3 out for drinks wee's etc and crashed on the sofa

We left for work just ater 8am, mum got to mine at 10 and said it was quiet, she crept in and heard the radio on but no awwwoooooo's!!!!! she said they were all asleep :D He must have been stressing when we left though as his paws and head were wet and my floor was soaking - he drools a LOT but i'm attributing this to stress.

Marc is working from home this afternoon and tomorrow morning so he won't be crated x

Marc is working from home this afternoon and tomorrow morning so he won't be crated x

Oh yes he will. Training not relief.

Been in crate 10 mins while went to shop. All quiet and asleep. Will be doing again shortly for half hour

Oh yes he will. Training not relief.

Been in crate 10 mins while went to shop. All quiet and asleep. Will be doing again shortly for half hour

Good lad you need to do this when you are there not just when you go out :)

Marc and Dunc are right. Do you feed in it? When we got Angel we had to condition her to the crate so she has every meal in it, with the door shut. At first with the door open but then graduated to shutting it.

Think your problems have jinxed me, had to get up last night to tell angel off for whining last night. Havent had to for ages.

And I think she wet the bed too! :confused:

SO far .......... we're on 30 mins, no noise, fast asleep .. .Just let them all out, plenty of praise :) Outside playin for a bit now. Will give em an hour and then gonna go for the 45 mins one :D

Akira's weird with her crate it's in my room and she sleeps in it of a night, but will only settle in it when i'm in the room with her, if we go to put her in it to go out which isn't that often as either me or my mum are usually home she cries and yelps, even holds back and wont go in her cage, she's really weird, sometimes she's quiet until we get out the front door then we can here her (i live in a bungalow praticaly made of what caravans are made of) and when we come back she's panting like mad, her water bowl is usually spilt everywhere too.

Hopefully Koda will calm down even more once he's fully settled in with you guys. I'm jelouse of you because he is a absolutely gorgeous boy!

all looking up!!!! :D :D

We knew it was going to be bad - it was hard enough crate training Kimba and Kaiser as pups - difference is they couldn't destroy their crate as they were too small lol Koda is 18 months and has never been in one so it's a big change for my poor baby plus new home and 2 new brothers - to say what massive upheaval he's been through he is doing amazing and i'm so proud of him :)

all looking up!!!! :D :D

We knew it was going to be bad - it was hard enough crate training Kimba and Kaiser as pups - difference is they couldn't destroy their crate as they were too small lol Koda is 18 months and has never been in one so it's a big change for my poor baby plus new home and 2 new brothers - to say what massive upheaval he's been through he is doing amazing and i'm so proud of him :)

Crate training Angel at 18 months old wasnt easy either. But so worth the effort.