Something to say

Marc

I posted this in the rainbow bridge topic but I'll post it here as well:

I shot this video at the last huskycamp three months ago and for some reason never went around to uploaded it but hadn't deleted it either. I decided to uploaded it today for those who've never met Nikita.

ywcCmF9JuQ4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

There is already a post on this, however I'm posting this up as I feel this is something I would like to come from the site as a whole. Its members, its staff, both present and past.

Last year I had the pleasure of meeting someone who had more than a husky. She had a wolf! OK a hybrid, but to me its as close to a wolf as I will ever have the nerve enough to go near. I think most of us all know that I am talking about Rachels (Dygosamakita) Nikita. The whole look and even stature of a wolf Nikita has and brings about a lot of joy for everyone to be around. I have shown pictures of Nikita to my friends, my collegues at work after last years camp and my family (obviously the ones not on here) as she is a wonder to behold. One thing strange about Nikita though for a wolf. She is friendly, placid, and people dont tend to be nervous after the first 5 mins of being near her.

So, from all of us who know Rachel I would like to say we are sorry for your loss. The loss of a husky on here always affects the owner, without question. But there are very few who are known quite like Nikita. She will be missed by all who knew her.

[ATTACH=full]15356[/ATTACH]

=================================

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

=================================

thats lovely marc xx R.I.P Nikita

Marc - thank you for the lovely post, had me in floods of tears again.

Thank you all for the kind messages as well. Sampson is being a little gem and letting me cuddle him and cry in his fur so that is helping a bit. He knows something ain't right but due to recent hospital stays by Nikita I don't think he has registered that she is never coming back.

Jos - thanks, that is a great video, it always made me so happy to see her playing with other dogs as she didn't always have a chance to play with anyone but Sampson through her life as most other dog owners would shy away from her as if she was going to eat their dogs.

Nikita was larger than life that is for sure. She fought all the way and with her last attempt to fight showed us it was time to say goodbye and let her rest.

Thanks again to everyone for you support it means a lot.

Rachel, so sorry for your loss, Nikita sounds like a beautiful soul in every way-you have my deepest sympathy. Nikita has gone to join and keep company other greats we have lost across the rainbow bridge guarded by Hiemdal. We are here for you as your Husky family and join you in remembrance of the beautiful Nikita:grouphug::kimba2:

Run free. Such a beautiful animal. It's obvious she was admired by many. May she rest in peace.

We had the pleasure of having Nikita and Samson in our caravan for a night at the last camp. Although I was a little wary of her I was also in aw of her as she was a gentle giant. She will be dearly missed and as others have said before it brings floods of tears to us all , myself included.

RIP LOVELY WOLF!

Rachel you was a credit to her wellbeing.:grouphug:

Rachel all the best to you and Samson.