Something to say

Marc

Hi All,

There is already a post on this, however I'm posting this up as I feel this is something I would like to come from the site as a whole. Its members, its staff, both present and past.

Last year I had the pleasure of meeting someone who had more than a husky. She had a wolf! OK a hybrid, but to me its as close to a wolf as I will ever have the nerve enough to go near. I think most of us all know that I am talking about Rachels (Dygosamakita) Nikita. The whole look and even stature of a wolf Nikita has and brings about a lot of joy for everyone to be around. I have shown pictures of Nikita to my friends, my collegues at work after last years camp and my family (obviously the ones not on here) as she is a wonder to behold. One thing strange about Nikita though for a wolf. She is friendly, placid, and people dont tend to be nervous after the first 5 mins of being near her.

So, from all of us who know Rachel I would like to say we are sorry for your loss. The loss of a husky on here always affects the owner, without question. But there are very few who are known quite like Nikita. She will be missed by all who knew her.

post-2224-13586080152697_thumb.jpg

=================================

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

=================================

post-1-13585977720251_thumb.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikita

Run free you gorgeous girl. :cry1:

I met Nikita on several occasions and was always amazed at how sweet and composed she was.

She loved to give wolfy kisses.

Last year at camp she stood on her back legs, paws on my shoulders and looked into my eyes as she slobbered all over my face. :)

When she howled it was deeper and longer than a husky howl.

She was a beautiful animal and a truly gentle soul.:rip:

Rachael, we will miss her too.

I'm so sorry that you have lost this unique and wonderful companion.

Hugs from my pack to you, Ian and Sampson.

:grouphug:

Andy, Kells, Echo, Darwin, Daughtry and lil' Sh1t

R.I.P Nikita

Little did we know that morning

God was going to call your name.

In life we loved you dearly,

in death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you,

but you did not go alone.

For part of us went with you,

the day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories,