London Riots

Sarah

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They need to sort themselves out. There was a dip in the stock market last week according to my uncle and he said he was wondering what would happen this week. A lot of people are loosing their jobs, there isn't anything for people who don't have experiance, even if they have a degree. Lots of people are calling up and asking to help rebuild. Let's hope it all gets sorted. This can't keep going on.

They need to sort themselves out. There was a dip in the stock market last week according to my uncle and he said he was wondering what would happen this week. A lot of people are loosing their jobs, there isn't anything for people who don't have experiance, even if they have a degree. Lots of people are calling up and asking to help rebuild. Let's hope it all gets sorted. This can't keep going on.

Unfortunatly this is a continuous loop over years and years its happend befor it will happen again and again!

in reality theres alot of jobs available for the unemployed, you jsut having to be willing to do a job that might be abit rubbish, continuosly apply for various roles, theres tons of apprentaships out there, thats how i got started, was on terrible money for 2 years, but it was well worth it.

I'm still stuck on the community consent comment that was offered up earlier...I thought that by paying your taxes and such you were consenting to let your government use that money for things like police...and fire...to keep you safe...

I really hope that things get under control soon...it doesn't look like it's going to slow up on its own at this point...

There's an online action going on to identify the London rioters!

http://www.londonrioters.co.uk/

The server's having a hard time handling the load right now. Basically you can upload your photos of the rioters and others can try to identify them. I'm loving this!

In case you can't get through, the main page says:

Identify the London rioters

...because the small minority do not represent the vast majority

Well, the waggons are having to circle even closer to home. Local police have issued a Section 60 Stop and Search Authority at 11.00 am this morning. Uxbridge has a very heavy police presence as it believes it to be a target. Just been told it is like a dessert town. Shops in Ruislip, where I live, also closing early and my local retail park (1.5 miles away) was also targetted last night as it has a Comet electrical store. Hayes Lombardy retail park was also hit last night, again electrical retailers and there is a heavy police presence there as well. All this info is from my local online newspaper which is doing regular updates. Looks like there is going to be another night of chaos. Let's hope not.

Sjeesh! RIM's blog (company behind the Blackberry) has been hacked. They are getting threatened that if they share their pings and other valuable information of the rioters to the police, they will share all the private information of RIM's employees they have found in the hacked database. :facepalm:

Sjeesh! RIM's blog (company behind the Blackberry) has been hacked. They are getting threatened that if they share their pings and other valuable information of the rioters to the police, they will share all the private information of RIM's employees they have found in the hacked database. :facepalm:

:headbang:

I was just about to hit post last night on the following message when my batteries decided they'd had enough - so I'll try again.

As much as I absolutely loath the US Patriot Act for the way it strips us of our rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights, it would clear the way to make federal intervention and control of a situation such as you're experiencing available quicker. Here in the States, I'm quite sure that the "social media" would be told to either control their content of face being shut down for the duration. I'm astounded that the British Government have not actively deployed federal <?> forces to put a stop to this senseless rioting.

From what I'm reading around the web, it appears as if the police are expecting another night of this idiocy.

I haven't seen anything related but have the question: "Has there been thought given to orchestration?" Admitted that the "youths" involved are communicating among themselves locally, however I find it difficult to believe that they are capable of directing actions that are almost nationwide. They riot in one area, the police move in and it dies down, only to pop up miles away - that suggests, to me, that someone is guiding this.

I didn't mean for the vid I posted to be offensive, but I'm not in the heart of these actions and can easily see how it could be so taken, my apologies for tastelessness.

Keep yourselves safe over there - and while it may seem cold the suggestion that those of you in dangers path might consider "visiting friends and relatives" in the country might be a consideration. If your house is the one they decide to burn, it's not worth your life to confront them. Be safe people. //al

Well, the waggons are having to circle even closer to home. Local police have issued a Section 60 Stop and Search Authority at 11.00 am this morning. Uxbridge has a very heavy police presence as it believes it to be a target. Just been told it is like a dessert town. Shops in Ruislip, where I live, also closing early and my local retail park (1.5 miles away) was also targetted last night as it has a Comet electrical store. Hayes Lombardy retail park was also hit last night, again electrical retailers and there is a heavy police presence there as well. All this info is from my local online newspaper which is doing regular updates. Looks like there is going to be another night of chaos. Let's hope not.

BE SAFE! Is there any way you can get a weapon to protect yourself?