London Riots

Sarah

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Trigger for this riot was due to a young man being shot by the Police , the details of that incident have not been released and the officer was injured, so have a riot as there no jobs in the area and the tension has been brewing for so time

Excuse to throw a tantrum and all by a lot of people I think. From what I read, the family of the person who was the "cause" of it all (no blame, I don't know the story but anyone killed shouldn't be "blamed" for stuff like this) he wouldn't want this. Just an excuse by the stupid and violent types to destroy things.

I hope anyone that might be affected is okay.

Im wondering if the fact that the credit crunch and its effects has now dawned on the younger members of this country that they will be paying for the mistakes of the banking system, when they should be going out and enjoying there youth they are either unempolyed or broke, and now having to work until they are 70 years old before they can retire ,,,,,,,,,, Its just a thought

sorry but i gotta:lolman: co's thats ironic coming from someone who lives in the US with the amount of riots you have out there//

Richard I was going to make a comment on the same lines but thought of our special relations with the USA :doglaugh:

sorry but i gotta:lolman: co's thats ironic coming from someone who lives in the US with the amount of riots you have out there//

Yeah, it was meant to be. That was supposed to be a bit of a take on a quote from Rodney King, the man whose 1991 beating (and the subsequent acquittal of thenofficers involved) sparked the 1992 L.A. Riots over here. I guess I am dating myself to expect that others would recognize the quote. (He really said, "can we all get along?")

wow say what you mean @Sqwidge ..dont mince your words .:lolman:

But there are some people (some community worker, who if anyone has seen him hasn't got a clue what he's going on about and is semi sticking u for these people) on the sky news who are saying that people are fed up of the shitty communities and poverty they live in - well destroying the community they live in isn't going to help is it? I mean now the communities are going to be in a worse state as businesses will move away, it's going to have to be rebuilt somehow...but if they had no money in the first place, where the hell is the money coming from?

Yeah, it was meant to be. That was supposed to be a bit of a take on a quote from Rodney King, the man whose 1991 beating (and the subsequent acquittal of thenofficers involved) sparked the 1992 L.A. Riots over here. I guess I am dating myself to expect that others would recognize the quote. (He really said, "can we all get along?")

now you mention it i remember ... but the penny didn't drop..:lolman:

But there are some people (some community worker, who if anyone has seen him hasn't got a clue what he's going on about and is semi sticking u for these people) on the sky news who are saying that people are fed up of the shitty communities and poverty they live in - well destroying the community they live in isn't going to help is it? I mean now the communities are going to be in a worse state as businesses will move away, it's going to have to be rebuilt somehow...but if they had no money in the first place, where the hell is the money coming from?

i thought that as well - pathetic!

one of the police officers have been hit! bloody awful to say they're doing their job and trying to protect people!!!

Tell me about it Sarah. Some of cambridge's riot police have gone down to London...so mikes worried about some of his buddies as well.