London Riots

Sarah

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend of ours just tried to go to his local Tesco in the shopping centre at Ealing Broadway (just down the road from us) and it is all closed up and locked down as a result of a Twitter rumour that the centre was going to be targeted tonight.

I don't actually think that there is any real political aspect to the rioting and looting - it's just amoral and selfish kids seeing an opportunity for "fun" and personal gain and going for it!

If it was political, they'd burn down the Houses of Parliament, not go "shopping" for free trainers in JD Sports or i-phones from the Apple shop. Pure lawless opportunism!

this is only my opinion but it seems to be spreading to little pockets of areas.. spreading police resources all over the place, making other areas police free and easy pickings for thieves.. thats all rioting ever ends up being.. theft .. and nothing else..

and they want to cut budgets leaving less police on the streets.. yeh like thats a good idea.

oh god I really hope he isn't called down there Sarah xxxxxx

He won't go down to London...but we thought it may have kicked off in cambridge...as people will just kick off anywhere probably, just to kick off and loot. I'm hoping Cambridge isn't ke that thou...yes there are bad areas and dodgy people, like everywhere...you just have to hope though don't you!

the world is a very sick sick place - hope it doesnt last long :(

Not exactly how you meant it, but if the world keeps up at this place, it won't last much longer!

I went into town today and all I heard on the radio was news about the rioting over there - last was East London?

Your British police do have armed squads for riots like these, don't they??

Not exactly how you meant it, but if the world keeps up at this place, it won't last much longer!

I went into town today and all I heard on the radio was news about the rioting over there - last was East London?

Uh...not exactly...!

no idea - i tend to live in a bubble - didnt even know about the riots untill today

Some think that the Army should be called in to this on fb but history says no, those who can remember bloody Sunday, and not the music, will agree with me that the Army would not be the best people to send into a civilian problem and if the government do so then they would have, maybe lost the country`s faith in them

we have armed police squads but they dont tend to be deployed during riots..just the officer in riot gear with baton and sheild.. send us your S.W.A.T teams that will sort it in one night ...