London Riots

Sarah

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sjeesh! RIM's blog (company behind the Blackberry) has been hacked. They are getting threatened that if they share their pings and other valuable information of the rioters to the police, they will share all the private information of RIM's employees they have found in the hacked database. :facepalm:

I don't believe for a moment that your average teenage gangbanger has any idea how to hack a company network. When will someone start searching for whomever is initiating this? Has RIM confirmed that they've been hacked? If so, this is NOT your average mob of worthless flesh.

I'm sorry, that in itself strongly suggests this is a coordinated event, with some other organization or people driving it. Find those people and do a number on them.

It makes me angry seeing what is happening to ordinary Londoners at the hands of these animals. And yes, I mean animals.

Please, all our GB friends, be safe!

BE SAFE! Is there any way you can get a weapon to protect yourself?

Not with any ease (from what I've been told.) Brings to mind the saying "When it become a crime to posses a gun, only criminals will have guns!"

Considering the violence, it's somewhat amazing that there has been, to date that I'm aware of, only one fatality.

It would be interesting to see if there will be rioting tonight, due to the amount of officers that have been brought in from other forces, 16,000 Police on the streets of London is a hell of a lot, I hope not , but if it happens again tonight I dont think the Police will go gently with them due to the criticism they have had by the people whose businesses have been looted and destroyed, I also dont think that the use of rubber bullets will be used as they carry the risk of killing if hit in the wrong part of the body and would therefore stir up even more unrest, the use of CS gas would not be an option either as there are to many innocent people in such a small area, so it will as I said be interesting to see what tonight brings

The Guardian has a link which updates on a minute by minute basis (you have to select the checkbox for minute by minute updates). As of 6:30 (presume 18:30 UK) they were starting up in West Bromwich and Manchester city center... doesn't look like it's going to get much better.

I didn't even get to hit post on this:

Salford, Birmingham city centre, Wolverhampton city centre are already flaring up.

I saw a quote from his mother that Mark Duggan--the gangbanger who was shot by police--was a "good boy." Why don't these parents, normally mothers, recognize that their kids/young adults are thugs? Oh, he has robbed and beaten and raped but other than that, he was a good boy. :rolleyes:

On the news they said there were riots in London, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol and thats it from what I've heard. There are aparently a lot of police presents in Plymouth from a private source. I think things are going to get much worse before they get better.

Unfortuately I have to agree, and it's going to get worse on both sides of the pond.

They ARE getting away with it.

Oh the rioters are definitely! I would be surprised however if they can't eventually track and punish the RIM hackers though, a big international company like that probably won't take too kindly to blackmail, and chances are they would have made a mistake somewhere