Zihna ran away at the walking trail :-(

snssewell

same thig happened to us last summer. Ebony pulled and I dropped the lead. He ran off. We searched day and night, called the police, the dog pound, kennels, every where we could think. Fortunately 2 boys were riding their motorbikes in the forest and found him attached to a tree. He had dug a hole and looked like he had been sleeping in it. I think he had also been digging for grubs because there were lots of little holes around where he was. They rang us from his dog tag, and we got him back. He had been out for 8 days. He hadn't lost much weight, and was dirty but no worse for his outing.

So don't give up hope. They are natural survivers.

brilliant story +1 for sharing it, hopefully it will keep silke's spirits up xxx

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hoping every time I see this at the top of the board that there is good news :( Remember not to give up and keep posting and re posting fliers and calling every place imaginable. With her being so young it's most likely that someone has probably found her so your best bet is to spread the awareness that she is in fact LOST and you want her home!

Just like everyone else I keep checking back here hoping for the good news that she made it home. I am very happy to read that you are getting alot of help and not having to do it all on your own...really wish I could be there to help. Husky Hugs and Kisses and tons of Power of the Paw she gets home safe and sound soon!

No sorry I wish I had good news but she is still missing. :( I am trying not to post too often since I know you all get excited when you guys see the thread on top!! Will keep you all posted though! When I find her you guys will be one of the first to know and I will even start a new thread that she is found in capital letters. I put an add in the paper today which will cover 6 county's. I don't think there are county's in the UK but its a pretty large area :)

We added a reward to the adds online as well and I spotted a lady mentioning that she is a volunteer doing K-9 work with her rescue and search dogs. She was not advertising or anything, just mentioned it in an add for something totally different. I sent her an email to see if maybe she would take her dogs out there with me. I will see if she writes back. I told her I will pay her whatever it takes. So I will see....it would definitely be cool to give it a try and scan them woods one more time with dogs that are trained to find people. Will let you all know more as I know more.

Again thanks all for your support and lost and found stories. It helps and means a lot to me!!!! :wub:

Hon with her being gone so long now Im thinking someone has picked her up and is holding her... you might want to try adding to your posters that shes ill and needs special diet and medication, tiny white lie but it might make someone think twice about keeping her if they think she'll cost them alot of money to keep. Also put on your posters no questions asked you just want her returned safe so if someone is holding her their not scared to come forward thinking your gunna get them charged for theft.

Still keeping everything crossed hon!

Hon with her being gone so long now Im thinking someone has picked her up and is holding her... you might want to try adding to your posters that shes ill and needs special diet and medication, tiny white lie but it might make someone think twice about keeping her if they think she'll cost them alot of money to keep. Also put on your posters no questions asked you just want her returned safe so if someone is holding her their not scared to come forward thinking your gunna get them charged for theft.

Still keeping everything crossed hon!

i think a little white lie is a defo good idea & perhaps offer a reward. If she is insured its worth checking with the insurance company as some of them do offer financial rewards for this type of thing.

I REALLY hope you get her back so soon

some great ideas for hiding places - seems we all know what huskies are like! Silke, I too am hoping to read very soon Zihna has come home to you, I bet we'll hear the shouts of joy from the UK!

What a great idea, asking that lady with the tracking dogs to help out, what a dream ending that will be .... please keep us posted and carry on staying positive, I'm sure she'll be found, xxxx

Please don't get excited....I still have not found her. Unfortunately I have been meaning to insure her but when I called I was on hold for like 20 minutes and I just hung up and figured I would do it another time. I tried to do it online where Whisper is insured but forgot my password and I just have not gotten around to it to try again. Was just one of those things that I was going to do "Tomorrow". Not to worried about the reward though. She is my baby and worth every penny. We are not rich but a reward is not going to send us to the poor house and its just important that she will be returned safe.

The good news is that a friend of mine had an idea of getting signs made and stick them alongside main roads and large intersections in the area. So I made another flier with only min. information so people can catch it while driving by. Took it to the print shop and got copies and got them laminated.

I was so mad because I went to 3 different stores and nobody had any of those little metal stakes that you stick in the ground for your outdoor Christmas decoration, which I wanted to use to attach the flier to stick it in the ground. They all had X-mas deco out but no stakes :angry: So I went with some wooden stakes which are going back to the store tomorrow because I tried to put one in my front yard and it did not even go into the ground even though it had rained today :angry: :angry: :angry: so I had to go back out and finally found some metal stakes. But it almost took a whole day to accomplish all this. Grrrrr....the plan was to go out today and stick them in the ground.

Got to call a few vets and checked with them. One of them had not received a flier yet so I told her I will drop one off tomorrow as I will be out that way sticking signs in the ground. I also taped one of those laminated signs on the back of my car....so whoever is driving behind me at any time will see it too. :D And a friend of mine knew some lady on the board of the humane society here and I befriended her on facebook and she sent all the info out again to rescues and shelters here. So hopefully I will hear something soon.

Thanks for the tip with the medical condition. Have not gotten around to make new fliers with all the information on it yet, but I will add it when I do. Great idea!!!! Plus the fliers I had outside melted today in the rain :( But that is why the new ones are laminated :D

Took a pic of the home made fliers I made!! Tested it in my yard and they actually stick in the ground pretty good....don't fall over or anything! :D

I had a tip come in today about someone re-homing a husky puppy in Kentucky that they picked up on the street. It was posted on Craigslist online. I emailed them saying I was interested in rescuing her pup and if she has a picture. Didn't want to say I am looking for my lost pup as they may not answer if they are trying to make a few $. But it wasn't her. Was a cute puppy though. Poor thing.

Anyway, it was still cool since I did not even know the lady that found the add, but was a friend of a friend. So people are still searching and looking and being alert. So thats a good thing.

I think thats all I got. On to a new day tomorrow. Maybe more luck. Got my fingers crossed.

Check out my cool flier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) I got 50 of them for now. Get some more if needed.

Blacked out part of my number since this is the Internet... :)

post-2304-13585957395518_thumb.jpg

The fliers look great!! And another tip I have heard is just put on the fliers that there is a reward...don't say what or how much. So if somebody brings her home the reward could be like $5 or maybe just a hug lol all you said was there is a reward...never said what the reward was! Good Luck and come home soon Zihna!!!

The fliers look great!! And another tip I have heard is just put on the fliers that there is a reward...don't say what or how much. So if somebody brings her home the reward could be like $5 or maybe just a hug lol all you said was there is a reward...never said what the reward was! Good Luck and come home soon Zihna!!!

Yes that is what we were thinking. So that way if people ask about how much the reward is before anything else then we already know its probably not serious. I have been thinking about how much I should give and came to the conclusion that it will all depend Who returns her and How she is returned. For example: If someone gives me a tip that she is in someones back yard then he will get a nice reward and the person that had her will get one too....yes....a phone call to the police and charges pressed against him for theft :D. Maybe an old lady has taken her in that does not know about micro chipping. Could be anything!

I just hope this does not turn into an never ending thread and she be home soon! Thanks guys for checking on me every now and then. I wish I had good news.

If we can not find her by Summer we will get another Husky and if she returns at a later time then we will just have 3 dogs :) I will definitely stick around here because I love you guys and your fur babies too!!!!!! :wub:

Have you contacted these people?

http://bgky.craigsli...2040480216.html

Also, since there aren't that many sub divisions of Craigslist- TN you might want to put an ad up on all of them. In the pets section as well as lost and found. You may ALSO want to put an ad up on craigslist that's more in your area saying your interested in buying a female Husky puppy and are willing to pay. Sometimes that will bring people out of the darkness to try and sell you your dogangry.gif Crappy I know, but anything is worth a shot. Remember to keep calling and checking shelters daily!

Oh wow, I forgot you're in TN. I'll keep my eyes posted locally for her. Do you have something I could spread on my facebook?

Do I have you in my list already? I added so many of you guys I don't remember who all I have added. :) I do have a post on my page that you can share that has her picture and description and where she has been lost etc. If you don't have me yet look up snssewell@yahoo.com and send a friend request.

Oh wow, I forgot you're in TN. I'll keep my eyes posted locally for her. Do you have something I could spread on my facebook?

Do I have you in my list already? I added so many of you guys I don't remember who all I have added. :) I do have a post on my page that you can share that has her picture and description and where she has been lost etc. If you don't have me yet look up snssewell@yahoo.com and send a friend request.

Have you contacted these people?

http://bgky.craigsli...2040480216.html

Also, since there aren't that many sub divisions of Craigslist- TN you might want to put an ad up on all of them. In the pets section as well as lost and found. You may ALSO want to put an ad up on craigslist that's more in your area saying your interested in buying a female Husky puppy and are willing to pay. Sometimes that will bring people out of the darkness to try and sell you your dogangry.gif Crappy I know, but anything is worth a shot. Remember to keep calling and checking shelters daily!

Good catch. Yes we did. :) But if you see something send it I rather get a tip multiple times instead of missing it. I actually received a picture of the poor thing and if I knew for sure I wasn't getting Zihna back I would be out there picking her up tomorrow.

This is her she looks like a little wolf sooooo cute.

IMAG03572.jpg

That is a really great idea about posting an add that I am looking for one. I will do that tomorrow. Why did I not think of that :blink: +1 for that!!!!!!!My mind is still not right so any tips are still appreciated. :)