Zihna ran away at the walking trail :-(

snssewell

I think you are doing a remarkable job getting out there & asking everyone - it has got to pay off & get Zihna returned home, it just has to, xx

Thanks Val, I think so too. Its just a matter of time!!! My mom is very superstitious and she does this thing with a necklace or something and depending on which way it swings or something it will answer your questions. She did that to see if Zihna was coming back home and it said yes! lol. I usually don't believe much in this stuff cuz I done it one time when I was younger to see how many kids I will have when I grow up and it said 4, but I only have one. But maybe it counted my stepson, Whisper, and Zihna..... :lol: .

Anyway....as always thanks everyone for keeping my hopes up and checking in on me. Maybe tomorrow she will be home. :)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the pendulum (thing with the necklace), it operates the same way as a Ouiji board, essentially the operator subconciously applies pressure without realising it, and observes the desired result. The good news is that your mum really does want to see Zhina return!

As for the Amish community, it is indeed part of their religion to effectively shun modern technology. There is a lot of variation as to just how far they apply this, but in more extreme cases, their visits to town will be fairly few and far between, and its likely they may be very uncomfortable and effectively tunnel vision and not see any fliers. They tend to have a pretty good understanding of the modern world though, I believe they each make the concious decision to live life the amish way, by spending some time in their late youth experiencing the other side of the coin so to speak. It may be worthwhile going out and having a quick chat to a few people, they tend to be fairly sociable with one another, and as you mentioned, by and large are quite nice people. Hopefully if any of them have seen her, they've spoken to each other about it by now and could provide some info? :(

Really looking forward to reading your thread saying you've found her!

I hope this helps Zihna to return home safely..........Ron

Prayer for a Lost Pet

Father

We ask you to help us find Zehna

our dear Husky who is now lost.

We know that you placed animals on the earth

for many reasons, including companionship for man.

We therefore ask you to help us find our lost companion,

and pray that You will keep her safe

and protect him her from harm until she is found.

We join our prayers with St. Francis,

St. Anthony of Padua, and all the saints,

and pray in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Prayer for a Lost Pet

Father

Very lovely! I said this prayer for you!

Regarding the pendulum (thing with the necklace), it operates the same way as a Ouiji board, essentially the operator subconciously applies pressure without realising it, and observes the desired result. The good news is that your mum really does want to see Zhina return!

As for the Amish community, it is indeed part of their religion to effectively shun modern technology. There is a lot of variation as to just how far they apply this, but in more extreme cases, their visits to town will be fairly few and far between, and its likely they may be very uncomfortable and effectively tunnel vision and not see any fliers. They tend to have a pretty good understanding of the modern world though, I believe they each make the concious decision to live life the amish way, by spending some time in their late youth experiencing the other side of the coin so to speak. It may be worthwhile going out and having a quick chat to a few people, they tend to be fairly sociable with one another, and as you mentioned, by and large are quite nice people. Hopefully if any of them have seen her, they've spoken to each other about it by now and could provide some info? :(

Really looking forward to reading your thread saying you've found her!

Yes pendulum... thats it. And thanks for busting my bubble!!! :P You know I was trying to tell myself it worked, haha just kidding. I really don't believe in that stuff. I see you know more about the Amish than I do. I never heard about them until I moved to Tennessee. I really don't know exactly where they live but they have road signs up out there where she was lost

amish_buggy_sign.jpg

so they must be out there somewhere. And yes...for those that never seen one of those that is a real sign!!! :blink:

The only time I ever see the Amish was last Christmas at Sears and sometimes I see some at Walmart. But they do seem to come to town more around Christmas and one of the lady's here that helped me search I think she mentioned that she lives out there by their fields. I will check on that some more. Especially after what Jennet said, but it could be right since they don't believe in birth control I am sure they don't believe in spaying and neutering either.

Prayer for a Lost Pet

Father

Thank you Ron!!!!! That was very sweet of you. I am not very religious but I really needed that today. It was such a bad day. It started out great with some leads but then it went down hill from there. Windy, lots of traffic, raining, and here I am trying to stake signs in the ground. At some point I started thinking maybe I am not supposed to do what I am doing. It really seemed that everything was working against me. :( Another night without Zihna but a new day tomorrow. And a friend that works with the humane society will send out her info again in a larger area to shelters, vets etc. since she has not been found yet. So that is great news.

I would like to put it on my Facebook if you don't mind. Let me know if that is ok.. Don't want to be a copy cat.

Thank you Ron!!!!! That was very sweet of you. I am not very religious but I really needed that today. It was such a bad day. It started out great with some leads but then it went down hill from there. Windy, lots of traffic, raining, and here I am trying to stake signs in the ground. At some point I started thinking maybe I am not supposed to do what I am doing. It really seemed that everything was working against me. :( Another night without Zihna but a new day tomorrow. And a friend that works with the humane society will send out her info again in a larger area to shelters, vets etc. since she has not been found yet. So that is great news.

I would like to put it on my Facebook if you don't mind. Let me know if that is ok.. Don't want to be a copy cat.

That's Ok to put it on Facebook. I just pray that she is found soon..........Ron

Thanks good find. Called right away. Its a boy full grown and they checked him for a chip already and the poor thing did not have one. :( I take any tips you guys see though. Had another one come in also a bit far away from here that someone saw a young husky at a shelter. I called them and when I started telling the animal control officer what happened, he said a lady had stopped by not to long ago with a picture of Zihna and it was not her. But its really so great to know that people that I don't even know are out there and looking and going out of their way. :)

I have to work today and tomorrow so I can't really go out there and do anything productive and its killing me. So its really great that people still look around.

Thanks everyone. :) For EVERYTHING!!!! Tomorrow she will be in the papers so thats a lot more people that will read it that may not have access to internet and have not seen a sign yet. Also my dog trainer stopped by and got some signs and she will put it on the dog park and another trail. She said the flier I had put at the dog park was gone, but it had rained so it probably melted, and the one at the other trail was there but ripped and she taped it back together and wrote "Still Missing!!" on it. But she will go by there and put the laminated signs there. And we all know a lot of people go to the dog park on the weekend. The one in my yard is still standing even thought it has been pretty windy and raining a bit. At least I know they are sturdy. She also put one on her car and being a in home dog trainer she travels quite a bit around town and surrounding areas. So that is so sweet of her. And her husband saw my signs that I put up last night when he was going to work today....yay....So we will see what the weekend will bring. Really have my finger crossed for the add in the papers!!!!

Oh she also told me that she heard that people are really bad here as far as stealing dogs and then keep them for a while and then give it back when they see that there is a reward for it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: WHAT is wrong with PEOPLE???!!!!!!

Anyway so she said it is really good that the laminated signs say REWARD now.

Will keep you guys posted.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS DO!!!!!!!