Zihna ran away at the walking trail :-(

snssewell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this site...got a call once from them when a cat in the neighborhood went missing....Find Toto

I found some of those yesterday but did not know if they work or if they are just scams. The only problem with it is that there are really no people living there where she got lost. There is a little trailer park and then bunch of fields. But if I don't hear anything within the next few hours I will do one of those. Thanks for letting me know that they actually call people. :)

same thig happened to us last summer. Ebony pulled and I dropped the lead. He ran off. We searched day and night, called the police, the dog pound, kennels, every where we could think. Fortunately 2 boys were riding their motorbikes in the forest and found him attached to a tree. He had dug a hole and looked like he had been sleeping in it. I think he had also been digging for grubs because there were lots of little holes around where he was. They rang us from his dog tag, and we got him back. He had been out for 8 days. He hadn't lost much weight, and was dirty but no worse for his outing.

So don't give up hope. They are natural survivers.

same thig happened to us last summer. Ebony pulled and I dropped the lead. He ran off. We searched day and night, called the police, the dog pound, kennels, every where we could think. Fortunately 2 boys were riding their motorbikes in the forest and found him attached to a tree. He had dug a hole and looked like he had been sleeping in it. I think he had also been digging for grubs because there were lots of little holes around where he was. They rang us from his dog tag, and we got him back. He had been out for 8 days. He hadn't lost much weight, and was dirty but no worse for his outing.

that's amazing! and hopefully gives the threadstarter more hope!

I can only imagine what you had been going through....longest 8 days of your life I bet! But gives me hope and I will go out there again and again and keep on searching. The lady that helped me search this morning is trying to get some people together. She is gonna place another add on the local classifieds with a picture of Zihna asking people if they would come join us Wednesday morning. Hopefully seeing she is a puppy they will be more motivated to join. We will see. Thank you for sharing your story and keeping me on the positive side of things. Its really hard. Thanks to all of you.

When I find her I will get her a GPS tracking device if they have such a thing if not I invent one.

every time i log on i check this thread hoping you've found her, definitely praying for you tonight for her safe return.

one thing to remember, sometime they're closer then you think. Embry got out once, was missing for over an hour, so obviously i checked farther away from the house, turns out he was 2 blocks away playing in a ditch.

I can only imagine what you had been going through....longest 8 days of your life I bet! But gives me hope and I will go out there again and again and keep on searching. The lady that helped me search this morning is trying to get some people together. She is gonna place another add on the local classifieds with a picture of Zihna asking people if they would come join us Wednesday morning. Hopefully seeing she is a puppy they will be more motivated to join. We will see. Thank you for sharing your story and keeping me on the positive side of things. Its really hard. Thanks to all of you.

When I find her I will get her a GPS tracking device if they have such a thing if not I invent one.

I know it's a bit late in the day but I have just found this for you..........Ron

http://www.gpsdogcollartracking.com/

My heart goes out to you - I know truely how you are feeling, we left our foxy in the care of the vet, only to get a call the following morning to say that she had gone, we thought she had passed away but it turned out she slipped their lead and drip and went on a rampage around where they were based, 3.5hours and 37 people later we managed to catch her, needless to say we won't be letting her stay at the vets over night again.

And my old boy (god rest his soul), he used to get out of his kennel every night a go running around the mountain where we lived, we only knew he did this as most mornings he would be sat on the doorstep!

Fingers crossed she will be found or come home of her own accord.

Welsh hugs and big husky licks to you x x Kerry

Still got everything crossed for you. smile.gif

I'm sure she's missing you as much as you miss her.

I know it's a bit late in the day but I have just found this for you..........Ron

http://www.gpsdogcollartracking.com/

That is great...I been meaning to google all day yesterday but never got to it. I also like the blue one.... :lol: Shouldn't be joking right now but it did make me chuckle. Which is good I guess...done enough crying for years yesterday. :(

Ok quick update. Got an email from my trainer that someone found a husky pup on petfinder. Unfortunately it was not her...I even called and made sure. Also a guy had found a female husky but it was a neighbors. However, at least I know people have their eyes open and pass info to me. I am meeting with about 4-5 volunteers that my dog trainer got together by the woods where she was lost and we will comb the woods again. Will update again later! :) Got my hopes up!!! Thanks for all the support!