Zihna ran away at the walking trail :-(

snssewell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I remember from another thread where this was brought up, take a piece of your clothing with your scent heavily on it - leave it where the two of you were separated. From memory, the person who did this came back in the morning to find their little one asleep on the jumper.

I really really hope you get her back :(

Happened to me once....It was raining and she jolted out the door when I opened it to take her out. and I wasn't really gripping the lead so it just slipped right off. It was raining too. I ran around my neighborhood for a hr in the rain and finally saw her next to the neighborhood swimming pool taking a poop, thank god she was pooping cos she couldn't run away when I got to her. I know what u must be feeling, I felt so much guilt when that happened. I hope you find your sibe. :( best of luck!

Thank you guys I really appreciate the tips. I printed flyers now and spread the word here in the area through facebook. One lady went out looking for her as well that lives close to the walking trail. That was so sweet of her. I will go back in the morning with my daughter and that lady may meet me there as well and we will walk the woods calling her and squeaking toys. Zihna is not very vocal so hopefully if she is stuck somewhere, by tomorrow she will make a sound. There is really only the trail then woods and fields and then a gas station and some hotels then nothing for a few miles unless she turns around and goes the other way into town. They are doing construction by the trail as well so maybe the workers will be there tomorrow and she will go and say good morning to them. I hope!!!! Will keep you all updated and thanks again!!!

Something I remember from another thread where this was brought up, take a piece of your clothing with your scent heavily on it - leave it where the two of you were separated. From memory, the person who did this came back in the morning to find their little one asleep on the jumper.

I really really hope you get her back :(

Thanks I will take one with me in the morning if I don't find her tomorrow I can leave it there and go check periodically.

Sending you luck to find her!

I freaked out once when my horse threw me and took off. We spent all day and night looking for him and yelling "Silver!" Some people actually called the cops on us thinking we were having a party in the woods. Apparently we were having a Silver party! lol. We found him at our neighbors house later that evening.

I really hope you find her! If she likes dogs, I'd get all your friends who have dogs to bring them out with them and help search. Maybe they would help attract her. You could try to get them to bark or howl and maybe get her attention.

Oh Silke, I am so sorry to read this. I hope you are able to find Zihna safe and sound. Maybe tomorrow you can check some area vets and at least let them know, in case someone brings her in. Best of luck. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

Just got back from looking for her one more time. I took the bed sheet she been sleeping on and put it under a park bench right there where we had parked at. Also took her little birdy toy that chirps and my daughter and I walked up and down the street by the park while Mr Birdy was chirping away. But nothing. Maybe in the morning....talked to that Lady that went looking for her when she saw the missing dog post on Facebook that my dog trainer posted and meeting her there at 8am. That way we can each approach the wooded area from a different side and call her and squeak her toys.

Will post an update tomorrow. Its going to be a long night...... :(

Check in with vets offices/groomers every day via phone after you've first contacted them. It'll make you stick out more and they would be more willing to question a new client with a Husky that way. Also, check at shelter/animal control facilities daily. Sometimes they get too clogged with their own work to call you... and sometimes dogs just slip by. You've gotta go everyday! Post fliers everywhere you can. Supermarkets, pet supply shops, feed stores... anything. The more persistent you are the better, sometimes people will find dogs and think their owners must not deserve them if they got away.... So the more effort you put out the better!

Mine have never ran off but a few months back they bolted out the front door one after the other. They only ran to a house the next block up (thankfully there was a dog in a yard that distracted them) and I was able to open up my truck doors and they came running in.

Hope everything get's sorted out quickly!!!

Also, dog parks and anyone in the "dog community" are a gold mine for helping to find lost dogs. Contact every rescue you can as well as trainers/low cost services/dog businesses.

OH NO! Really hoping shes found hon! everything crossed for you, I know exactly what you mean about them freaking out from the flexi lead handle as my Nukka has done this before and ran straight in front of a car! Luckily the car wasnt going to fast and I was able to get her back but I then did training with her where I let her drag the lead around the house for abit to desensitise her so she didnt freak out next time. When you get Zihna back maybe you could try that?

Really really praying for you hon! :(