Zihna ran away at the walking trail :-(

snssewell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about PetHarbor.com

I thought I saw one that looked like Zihna...but the mask around her eyes didn't match...

But this is a great way to check multiple shelters at once and get to see pictures...

http://www.petharbor.com/

Make sure that you register her with them also!! It looks like they will even send out postcards for you...It doesn't say if there is a cost though. They seem to do a really good job of emailing local shelters and if any shelter posts a found pet that meets ur criteria they send you an email to notify you.

Edit: I found where it says the postcards cost $400 for 500 of them. Thats alot! But you can still register her for free and get the email thing set up without doing the postcards.

Don't forget about PetHarbor.com

I thought I saw one that looked like Zihna...but the mask around her eyes didn't match...

But this is a great way to check multiple shelters at once and get to see pictures...

http://www.petharbor.com/

Make sure that you register her with them also!! It looks like they will even send out postcards for you...It doesn't say if there is a cost though. They seem to do a really good job of emailing local shelters and if any shelter posts a found pet that meets ur criteria they send you an email to notify you.

Edit: I found where it says the postcards cost $400 for 500 of them. Thats alot! But you can still register her for free and get the email thing set up without doing the postcards.

I like that idea! Not to crazy about the price, but I paid a bit over $100 for 50 laminated fliers so I can see why it cost that much. I will have to check with the husband about it and see what he says. He may say NO at first when he see's the price and then change his mind after he had some time to think about it. It would refresh peoples memory that she is still lost in that area and also reach people that may not leave the house much and don't have internet. I like it better than the phone service as a picture is always better and more personal as a description on the phone. Great find. :D :D

Remember to repost things up at all dog parks you can find. As well as pet supply stores (or anyplace that sells ANYTHING pet related-grocery stores, wal-marts, k-marts ect.). If someone is keeping her they have to be either exercising her or feeding her some way. And those places are also high traffic areas. The more people who see her face the better!

Quick update on the postcard service. I tried the other one and ran into some problems with updating information after I had filled out the form. I emailed them about it and did some research mean while to see if they are legitimate. No payment information was collected at this point, as a matter of fact I did not even get to that screen.

So I found this one: http://www.lostpetcards.com/index.htm

They do 1000 cards for $550 if you want color. So I put in an order, They contact you first with a sample card and a map of where they would send them which I think is wonderful especially since it is so rural. So I will see when I hear back from them. Meanwhile if anyone knows anything about them if they are legitimate or not please let me know before I flush $550 down the toilet. Ohhhhh this is soooooooo great!!!!! I am so excited!!!! I want to fly to CA now and give the guy a HUG for having this service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Kara for finding this. i'd give you +100000 but it only let's me give +1 :(

just saw this update on Silke's FB :

I have a lead! I don't know much. Waiting on a call back right now. All I know is someone tried to contact me from Hopkinsville about the missing husky!!! I NEED EVERYONE TO WISH ME LUCK AND PRAY!!!! I will update as I know more. I hope I don't have to wait too long but I will keep trying to get a hold of that person!!!!

just saw this update on Silke's FB :

I have a lead! I don't know much. Waiting on a call back right now. All I know is someone tried to contact me from Hopkinsville about the missing husky!!! I NEED EVERYONE TO WISH ME LUCK AND PRAY!!!! I will update as I know more. I hope I don't have to wait too long but I will keep trying to get a hold of that person!!!!

Thanks Val....my mind is not functioning right at this moment until I get an answer on this lead! Thanks for posting it here for me!

All of here in Iowa are keeping everything crossed, fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes. Zoya too. Husky Hugs that this pans out in your favor.

I had gotten a tip that someone had Zihna. Animal Control just got back with me after going over there to scan the dog for a chip and unfortunately the dog did not have a chip and the pink in her ears did not match Zihnas pink ears.They were more white (ish inside). Animal Control took pictures and they will email them to me so I can see that she is not Zihna. So back to square one! :(

+1, Charlie, I agree, definitely go with seeing the pics before discounting this, although Zihna is a pup, chips migrate into unusual places or as in our case, there are 2 types of chip that only the same "brand" scanner will pick up, it won't pick up the other.

Stay positive, still crossing everything for you all, xxxxxxxxx