snssewell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww poor pup, he's cute!

did you see this ad? http://nashville.cra...2041358603.html

i believe they were responding to you??

WOW.... I emailed them, but its also kind of strange because I did not get anything about that.... will let you know when I hear from her/him. Thanks for letting me know.

WOW.... I emailed them, but its also kind of strange because I did not get anything about that.... will let you know when I hear from her/him. Thanks for letting me know.

Just found out its not her. :-( Awwww....I still have two tips though. So will keep you all updated.

did you try this site? http://www.petamberalert.com/

Thanks Jennet. I have seen these company's online and I think someone suggested it on this thread earlier as well. One had contacted me through petfinder I think they were called the petrescue.com or something like that and it was $25 to have posters emailed to all vets and shelters in a 50 mile radius. So I did it because $25 is really no big deal. Today I went to the next city over about 20 miles from here since I had called the vets there yesterday and one of them said they did not have a flier or anything. So one Vet had a flier up that HomeAgain (micro chip company) had sent out. The other two did not have one and I left one with them. But that tells me that it was a scam and they did not send anything out. Oh well. I could go all out of my way now and get those $25 back but I have more important things to do then argue with a bunch of idiots over $25. ;) Supposedly they also post the add on several classifieds all over the net via RSS feed.

I was just about to do that pet amber alert and decided to google it and found this:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/neighborhood-services/amber-pet-alert/amber-pet-alert-amberpetaler-4cd9f.htm

This might be a different company but I don't know if I want to take a chance to throw $100+ away on top of all the money I invested already. I think I am better off just going out there every day and stick those fliers out myself at least then I know it is done. :) We covered most vets and all shelters and rescue groups around here. It would be nice to have the neighbors called but like I said it was a pretty rural area and they ask for the Zip where the pet was lost but not the exact address so they may call 250 people on the other side of town.

But I appreciate it I know you all mean well. None of the leads was her, I talked to all of them. But more and more people are aware.

Thanks Jennet. I have seen these company's online and I think someone suggested it on this thread earlier as well. One had contacted me through petfinder I think they were called the petrescue.com or something like that and it was $25 to have posters emailed to all vets and shelters in a 50 mile radius. So I did it because $25 is really no big deal. Today I went to the next city over about 20 miles from here since I had called the vets there yesterday and one of them said they did not have a flier or anything. So one Vet had a flier up that HomeAgain (micro chip company) had sent out. The other two did not have one and I left one with them. But that tells me that it was a scam and they did not send anything out. Oh well. I could go all out of my way now and get those $25 back but I have more important things to do then argue with a bunch of idiots over $25. ;) Supposedly they also post the add on several classifieds all over the net via RSS feed.

I was just about to do that pet amber alert and decided to google it and found this:

http://www.ripoffrep...taler-4cd9f.htm

This might be a different company but I don't know if I want to take a chance to throw $100+ away on top of all the money I invested already. I think I am better off just going out there every day and stick those fliers out myself at least then I know it is done. :) We covered most vets and all shelters and rescue groups around here. It would be nice to have the neighbors called but like I said it was a pretty rural area and they ask for the Zip where the pet was lost but not the exact address so they may call 250 people on the other side of town.

But I appreciate it I know you all mean well. None of the leads was her, I talked to all of them. But more and more people are aware.

wow.oops. shoulda checked it out more.

:( at least they're reading the fliers, which is great.

i have one of these on Embry, not sure if they actuatlly work, but I bought a tag and registered Embry with the site.

http://www.idtag.com/

I just wish I didn't live so far away, so i could be out there helping you search. I found it hard enough after my pup was missing for just ~5 hours, so cannot even comprehend what you are going through.

I remember when our cat disappeared for 4 months, only to come back with a different collar on, and had been fixed. Even if someone does take her in, there is definately still hope!

wow.oops. shoulda checked it out more.

:( at least they're reading the fliers, which is great.

i have one of these on Embry, not sure if they actuatlly work, but I bought a tag and registered Embry with the site.

http://www.idtag.com/

They have those for sale at the shelter here at the front desk so it must be good to go. But lets hope and pray that Embry never decides to test it!!!!!

I just read over the website and it sounds like the service that HomeAgain offers. And some of the vets already had her flier out that they received through them. I still run into every Vets office that I pass by with a flier and talk to them and check their boards to see if she is up there. The front desk girls didn't even know that she was up there already, I guess it all depends who prints the flier so I guess it does not hurt to go in again and talk to them in person.

I just wish I didn't live so far away, so i could be out there helping you search. I found it hard enough after my pup was missing for just ~5 hours, so cannot even comprehend what you are going through.

I remember when our cat disappeared for 4 months, only to come back with a different collar on, and had been fixed. Even if someone does take her in, there is definately still hope!

Oh my god 4 month is horrible. But she came back that's all that counts. She knew where her home was. :) I just keep telling myself that someone has her. We have a lot of the Amish living out there too. The Amish are farmers that live out in the nowhere without any technology, they have horses and buggy's and make everything them selves. Very sweet people though. I think it has something to do with their religion. Maybe they found her out in the fields somewhere and just have not made it into town yet to see one of her fliers or something. Keeping my hopes up.