Mistaken identity

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i got asked friday if blaze was 'blind in one eye?'

We've had this with Diesel, being bi-eyed, also been asked if he's deaf in the ear on the side of his blue eye :confused: I'm just gonna say no from now on, it's easier than explaining! :D

Aw, a Sphynx & a tiger - lucky you, Sarah - that's quite a combination ... lol

I've had people ask if she's a Wolf dog, Malamute, Keeshound, and lots of people who just ask what she is.

When i first got her my know-it-all brother-in-law said she's not pure because she has brown eyes and that huskies should have one blue and one brown eye or they arent pure bred..

???? i was just like.. "you've gotta be kidding me"

So funny how many people hear something from someone else and assume that's the truth and now they are experts.

LOL

If people ask, i inform them.

When people assume, I IGNORE them.... (unless they are open minded and can accept new information to be true)

One of the girls over the road asked me where I got my Wolf from the other day and said that her dad said its illegal to have a wolf in your house (he could have explained that Kodi isn't a wolf).

One of the other kids asked if he was a Siberian Husky or a Malamute Husky (I guess she was asking if he was a cross), she then said that she has a Malamute Husky so I guess she can't tell the difference.

I don't mind people comparing him to a Wolf as they are my favourite wild animal, and I have walked with wolves (and am going to again), but I hate people that ask stupid questions, and when the first question out of their mouths is "has your dog been done?" then I just walk on.

People also ask me if I want to sell him, breed him, and if I have anymore. I hate that. They also ask if he is related to sam (which is a bit silly as he is pure husky and sam is a pedigree too).

Just amazes me!!!

some people think micha is a white GSD, which i can understand, but i met someone with a white gsd 2 days ago, and the difference is obvious.

lots of people will ask what she is.

one old lady correctly recognised he, i commented im surprised you didnt think she was a GSD, and she said oh behave anyone can see she isnt a german shepherd

i personally think shes part fox, lol.

Yep I've had all the usual, akita, mal, GSD and also had the mini husky question and the asking me if I'd take 100 for my beatiful pedigree husky I paid 550 for!!!! INSULTED!!!

I was also TOLD what colour my dog was the other day which was funny, a woman came up and was fussing her and she to me "Shes what they call a Red husky y'know!?" I was just like "Yep" thinking to myself.... "D'urh!!! I think I know what colour the dog I spent months researching and looking for is!!

I've also been asked if shes deaf "because shes got blue eyes..."???? Where did that random rumor come from???

Arrgh people say the funniest things!

I've also been asked if shes deaf "because shes got blue eyes..."???? Where did that random rumor come from???

Arrgh people say the funniest things!

Blue eyed white colored cats are often born deaf.

This is because the gene that gives them their white coat is connected to deafness. Interestingly, white cats with only one blue eye are deaf only in the ear closest to the blue eye. White cats with orange eyes do not have this disability.

WHile Im thinking on this I have another question of interest...lol

As I said Chewy is not a full husky he is mixed with malamute. He has the mixed eyes, the curly tail, the very solid colored coat pattern...but he is about twice the size in height as every other husky at the parks and is streamlined muscle LOL

Can anyone think of a reason why I havent been asked EVER if he is a malamute?? Could it seriously be that malamutes arent nearly as popular or well known?

Ill give it that In my lifetime the most difference I saw between the 2 breeds was bigger bones and overall size...as opposed to huskies who are often quite a bit shorter and more condensed LOL.

I know this will sound silly but to me its always seemed like huskies were simply smaller versions of malamutes. Yes, I know thats likely to get me smacked...lol. I didnt know til a few years ago that in fact they are very unique and built for simillar work but one is meant for speed and endurance and the other is for carrying a heavier weight over a longer distance.

Sorry Im always rambling on and on...lol...I actually like to start conversations with you guys and gals.

I think some people aren't aware of the breed, people i've spoken to more often than not don't know what a Mal is - but lots of people know what huskies are pitty really as Mals are gorgeous - but like huskies need lots of work

WHile Im thinking on this I have another question of interest...lol

As I said Chewy is not a full husky he is mixed with malamute. He has the mixed eyes, the curly tail, the very solid colored coat pattern...but he is about twice the size in height as every other husky at the parks and is streamlined muscle LOL

Can anyone think of a reason why I havent been asked EVER if he is a malamute?? Could it seriously be that malamutes arent nearly as popular or well known?

Ill give it that In my lifetime the most difference I saw between the 2 breeds was bigger bones and overall size...as opposed to huskies who are often quite a bit shorter and more condensed LOL.

I know this will sound silly but to me its always seemed like huskies were simply smaller versions of malamutes. Yes, I know thats likely to get me smacked...lol. I didnt know til a few years ago that in fact they are very unique and built for simillar work but one is meant for speed and endurance and the other is for carrying a heavier weight over a longer distance.

Sorry Im always rambling on and on...lol...I actually like to start conversations with you guys and gals.

Maybe it could be the fact that a malamute isnt as well known in your area? Are there many mals where you live or are they all husky?

From what Ive heard the Mal is much bigger and broader than a husky and designed/bred to carry much heavier weight whereas a husky was designed/bred to still carry heavy loads but faster and also over a various amount of terrains, hense why they are smaller than a mal. Conclusion - the mal is more of a weight puller and a husky is more for endurance/speed like you say :)

Yeah thats what I read lol. I guess its a combo of there not being many mals here but also that they are a very large dog so not as many people would want them here. People in hawaii are more into those little ankle biter type dogs so even huskies arent exactly popular...except among the bybers.

Yeah thats what I read lol. I guess its a combo of there not being many mals here but also that they are a very large dog so not as many people would want them here. People in hawaii are more into those little ankle biter type dogs so even huskies arent exactly popular...except among the bybers.

lol sounds similar to most people around here

• 3 months later...

We had someone call Grey a werewolf befor! i just turned around and said yeah he is! during the day he is my dad but when the Moon is full he is my Dog, the silence was golden......

Grey gets call a fox quiet alot, "is he a fox or a dog" to which i reply "what is a fupping Fox if its not a dog!!!! and does he look Orange to you?" once again the silence is golden! i mean what fox do you know in England that has Blue eyes and a grey and white coat?!! some people are so thick its cringe worthy it really is.........

i don't see how they look remotely similar but there is a grey fox... http://www.google.co...ved=0CDwQ1QIoAA

as for being called things... Desna does get called a girl quite often even though his "berries" are quite visible as the black sack between his white legs... I guess a name ending in A automatically means girl?

Ross

We get the usual "you should have a sled" ones.

My white girl Tishka I was told was a Canaan dog,also a wolf hybrid.

Tikaani has been called an Akita (and did I want to breed him with their akita bitch).

Kodi and Saskia get called wolves.

We get asked "are they snowdogs?"

"Are they deaf?"

Saskia has been called a white German Shepherd (she has blue eyes).

Saskia has been called a smooth haired Samoyed.

We've been asked if they're wolf crosses, Inuits, Utonagans, Malamutes.

Lots of people after we tell them what breed they are say "I thought they were bigger than that".

The funniest was when some kids said "Are you from huskyworld?" (we said yes lol).