Mistaken identity

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have told me that Suka is a wolfdog - they've even tried to convince me he's a wolfdog! Trust me - if Suka was a wolf-dog I would know by now...considering how in Ontario (Canada) you need a license to own a wolf dog hybrid. And I doubt the humane societies would let me adopt him when I never owned a dog before!

Silly people. Suka is not a wolf, a wolf dog hybrid, or a coyote. Now stop it!

People have told me that Suka is a wolfdog - they've even tried to convince me he's a wolfdog! Trust me - if Suka was a wolf-dog I would know by now...considering how in Ontario (Canada) you need a license to own a wolf dog hybrid. And I doubt the humane societies would let me adopt him when I never owned a dog before!

Silly people. Suka is not a wolf, a wolf dog hybrid, or a coyote. Now stop it!

Aww it's just because Suka has this wonderful wolf-like coat color! ;)

• 2 months later...

Took Cookie to the shop with me the other week, and some trampy Chav was sat getting drunk on the grassy bit near my house. As we walked past, he caught sight of us, and I heard him say to his mate:

'look at that dog, what do ya reckon it is?'

Normally, we tell people if they are polite and genuinely don't know. But we let him stew.

On the way back home, he had a brainwave.

'scuse me love, is that one of them African Greyhounds?'

I nearly fell over trying not to laugh. He was deadly serious! I just said 'Yeah mate, yeah she is.'

Must have been the White Lighning that buggered his brain up?!

A lot of people here in Bandung know Siberian husky...when we jog in the morning...lots of them said: Look...a husky...:) . But some of them who doesn't know, they said :

- Look, a wolf... (cause Raven has a grey coat color)..:D

- Look, a husky (a 10 year old boy said this) but his mom said...No, it's a GSD (then she mumble to her husband: but why he has a grey coat color..?)..:P

- A group of 5-7 years old said: Look, mom...a dog, the Mom said: no, it's a big cat...:eek:

- A police officer wave and stopped us and I thought i'm gonna get a ticket for jogging with Raven on the street, He asked what breed Raven is and I said: A husky...he doesn't know about husky so he said: Ooooh, it's Lassie,right...:redface1: I'm speechless and just gave him a nice big smile..(cause there's no point to explain because he only know Lassie the movie) then he asked if Raven is blind or having cataract because he has one brown eye and one blue eye...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Haha!! We took the boys to Ynyslas a couple of weeks ago, and it was SOOOOOOO cute. A little boy, all of about 4, walked past the car and said, very loudly, 'Look Daddy! That's a Snow Dog!!' then his eyes went really wide and he ran away!! I know that's not a mistaken identity but I HAD to tell you guys because it was so damn cute!! Hehe!

Most people here know huskies as with Gi not far away and with Rynnie getting out and about as often as she does (she goes pretty much everywhere with me).......

But i always get a chuckle when they say things like "Well, she's a rare one with one of each color eye! Bet you had to pay for those eyes." They look depressed when i tell them that bi-eyes aren't uncommon.

We also get asked if she is blind. I hand them two treats and tell them to give her one and see if she can see the second....her 'blindness' always amazes them!

mine has been called a husky mix, snow dog, wolf, wolf dog, akita, mutt.

people ask me why he is so small (23 inches is good for husky), why his hair is not long (not a good trait in huskies), why his tail doesnt curl (they are supposed to be sickle not curl) and so on and so forth

people just dont know what huskies are. and half of them dont even know the differences between huskies and malamutes

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...