Mistaken identity

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Husky's are just so gorgeous and exotic looking that people get confused. We have had people call Cain a wolf, panther, malamute and were asked if he was a hybrid (what's a hybrid I have no idea).

As for Frankie we have also been asked if he was a wolf. fox, malamute or hybrid.

I just tell them that they are pure bred Siberian Huskys. Alot of people do know what a husky looks like but there are so many different looks for huskys (ie reverse mask, long hair, different colored eyes, size, etc...) I think they get confused.

At a carboot today, we bumped into 2 other sibes (not together) - naturally Myshka & the other sibe howled & "talked" to each other, we heard the comments of "howling wolves" etc - but I have recently been asked if she is an inuit - seems inuits are the new breed to get mixed up with sibes, mals, wolves, etc

At a carboot today, we bumped into 2 other sibes (not together) - naturally Myshka & the other sibe howled & "talked" to each other, we heard the comments of "howling wolves" etc -

After we moved to our new house last summer, a few neighbors warned us to watch our dogs because they had heard coyotes howling at night... I smiled and said I would keep my eyes open... I didn't tell them that I knew who was howling and one howler was me! LOL

I think that Husky's are just so gorgeous and exotic looking that people get confused. We have had people call Cain a wolf, panther, malamute and were asked if he was a hybrid (what's a hybrid I have no idea).

As for Frankie we have also been asked if he was a wolf. fox, malamute or hybrid.

I just tell them that they are pure bred Siberian Huskys. Alot of people do know what a husky looks like but there are so many different looks for huskys (ie reverse mask, long hair, different colored eyes, size, etc...) I think they get confused.

ok a panther!? seriously? and a fox ? (a hybrid is a wolf cross or so im lead 2 belive) lmao sum ppl r wierd how on earth they got a fox and a panther from a husky ill have no idea but hey ho lmao

After we moved to our new house last summer, a few neighbors warned us to watch our dogs because they had heard coyotes howling at night... I smiled and said I would keep my eyes open... I didn't tell them that I knew who was howling and one howler was me! LOL

lmao Cris that is soooo funny :P cheered me up no end h8 gettin up early but this has made it all worth while lol :)

I didn't tell them that I knew who was howling and one howler was me! LOL

Excellent! :ran_biggrin: so funny! How did you not burst out laughing when they said it?!

Myshka has been quoted as being a fox before now - some people have funny ideas of what a fox looks like!

BTW, who else loves howling with their dogs? It amuses my boys to no end and the girls sing along with me, also they all sing if I am silly enough to blow on a harmonica

lmao - I do! Then Gizmo usually tried to howl louder. Marley is becoming a chatter box at the moment and trying to get him to learn 'speak', see if he learns to howl on command - that be so cool! He was chattering the other day and I swear he said "I love you", oh I wish I had the camera.

lol Kimba wooooo's at me in a morning when i come downstairs and depending how awake i am i normally woooo back lol Kaiser hasn't really found his vocal chords yet - really hope he does though would be great to get them both doing it!! lol

lol Kimba wooooo's at me in a morning when i come downstairs and depending how awake i am i normally woooo back lol Kaiser hasn't really found his vocal chords yet - really hope he does though would be great to get them both doing it!! lol

Im sure it won't be long until Kaiser finds his voice :D Just a warning when they both start howling you will have to forget about any lay in's lmao

question

ok so me and my mum were talking 2day about blaze and i was tellin her how i had sum1 ask me if he was a defect as he has 1 blue 1 brown he was also called a mutt because ov this aswell he has also been called a wolf a wolf hound and a snow dog he has also been questioned if he is a purebred cuz he tail doesnt curl much yet? just wondering if any1 else has had their husky or malamute mistaken for something else or asked if its a cross or anythin like that because ov its eye colour? would love 2 hear what people mistake our beautiful huskies/malamutes for

hi bingnblaze I have just been asked if My husky was a thorough or had akita in her because her tail curls am I mistaken to think that all husky tails curl rofl and she is a pedigree too best wishes Meg

border collie?!!

Luckily round here, no one has though any different! One kid's friend has a couple of husky's so he knows what it is, and the rest haven't mentioned anything.

At puppy classes i was asked if she was a Malamute...

tbh, if you don't have one or don't know the breed well...to confuse with a Mal and Akita are easy to do...

did they possess a white cane and a pair of sunglasses :cool:

no but she was doing the gardening, maybe she had some mud in her eyes.

I aint too fussed if someone get them mixed up with a malamute or other similar breed that they may have heard of but not seen before but a border collie!? Thats just doofed up.