What Are You Reading ?

Rosemary

I have just finished reading the Apocalypsis series (books 1-3) by Elle Casey.

It is a YA post-apocalyptic series, and is really, really very good. If you are young, or young at heart, you will enjoy this, even if you have never thought of reading post-apocalyptic/dystopian books. Book four will probably be released within the next few months - waiting impatiently :)

You can read the reviews etc here :

post-1262-0-85218900-1360831357.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Apocalypsis-Book-1-Kahayatle-ebook/dp/B008E95UOK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1360830530&sr=1-1&keywords=Apocalypsis%3A+Book+1+%28Kahayatle%29

Another series I recently finished reading was the post-apocalyptic series "The Remaining" by D J Molles - another excellent series.

post-1262-0-88122300-1360831382.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-Remaining-ebook/dp/B0070B0JW6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1360831091&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Remaining+%5BKindle+Edition%5D

These two series, along with the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins are highly recommended.  Very, very good  :)

So, what are you reading, anything good that you can recommend ???

Edited by Rosemary

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am about half way though Michael Connelly’s book ( got them all ) http://www.michaelconnelly.com/extras/series/

Will take a look at them your recommending Rosemary ta xx :)

I also have all his books, except his last one, The Black Box - the Kindle version at $16.21 is $6 more expensive than the paper book version  :o  I won't pay more than $10 for an e-book. So I will wait for the price to come down ................. or get it from the library  :lol:

I find it hard to get stuck into a book like I use to, same goes for movies.

If I do they are normally Autobiographies.

For some reason reality is stuck in my mind   :eek:

The last book I was reading was Rafael Nadal's Autobiography, and yes that's where I got the name :)

On my Phone . . . Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan

On my Tablet . . .Deception Point by Dan Brown

On my Kobo . . . .The Neutronium Alchemist by Peter F. Hamilton.

Phone is read whenever I'm stuck in a queue or just waiting for anything.

Tablet is read in the living room

Kobo is read at work.

On my Phone . . . Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan

On my Tablet . . .Deception Point by Dan Brown

On my Kobo . . . .The Neutronium Alchemist by Peter F. Hamilton.

Phone is read whenever I'm stuck in a queue or just waiting for anything.

Tablet is read in the living room

Kobo is read at work.

:yikes:  I could never read more than one book at a time ........... I synced my Galaxy tablet and my kindle, so I can read from either device, hope you are impressed, it took me weeks to figure it all out  :rofl:

:yikes:  I could never read more than one book at a time ........... I synced my Galaxy tablet and my kindle, so I can read from either device, hope you are impressed, it took me weeks to figure it all out  :rofl:

I am suitably impressed. :up:

I read every day, have done since I was a child.

For me reading is like watching movies in my head.

I'm not aware of reading the words.

I am suitably impressed. :up:

I read every day, have done since I was a child.

For me reading is like watching movies in my head.

I'm not aware of reading the words.

I am the same Andy, reading is like breathing to me - one book at a time though  ;)

Dunc, Lee Child posted a link on Facebook about a new book by a new author : Ghostman by Roger Hobbs.  It looks very good - so that is next on my ever growing, never diminishing list :D  I wanted to share it with you on Facebook, but wasn't sure how to do it  :unsure:

I am the same Andy, reading is like breathing to me - one book at a time though  ;)

Dunc, Lee Child posted a link on Facebook about a new book by a new author : Ghostman by Roger Hobbs.  It looks very good - so that is next on my ever growing, never diminishing list :D  I wanted to share it with you on Facebook, but wasn't sure how to do it  :unsure:

Will take a look ta x :)

"Plains of Passage" book 4 of the Earths Children Series by Jean M. Auel.

I also read that a while back - found the beginning a bit slow compared to the other three books, but well worth it.  Loved that series :)  Always amazed me how much research she had to do for each book  :)

I'm just half way through games of thrones!!

I have had my eye on this on Amazon for a while now, but still haven't bought it.  The TV series drove me batty, I just wanted to smack a few of the characters  :wacko: i will eventually get it though, I really liked Tyrion :) 

I have had my eye on this on Amazon for a while now, but still haven't bought it.  The TV series drove me batty, I just wanted to smack a few of the characters  :wacko: i will eventually get it though, I really liked Tyrion :)

I got all of these for my Birthday this year :) I read the first in about 2 days, and will get to the next after I finish my book I'm reading now. I alternate between about 7 series of books. I read one of one series, then another of a different series, and eventually I work my way back around. Helps me not to get bored or tired of a certain series.

I also read that a while back - found the beginning a bit slow compared to the other three books, but well worth it.  Loved that series :)  Always amazed me how much research she had to do for each book  :)

I started reading them a couple years ago. My Mother-in-Law got them all for me for Christmas. I love the Series... and I'm about 250 pages in, and it's still going kind of slow. But it's acting like it'll pick up :)

I'm just half way through games of thrones!!

Loved the GOT books it's a shame he writes them so slowly !!!

Can't wait for the next. :up:

I'm just half way through games of thrones!! I have had my eye on this on Amazon for a while now, but still haven't bought it. The TV series drove me batty, I just wanted to smack a few of the characters :wacko: i will eventually get it though, I really liked Tyrion :)
The books are great. However I must admit I have them on audio book so I can listen on the way to work while driving and in the gym and walking the dogs:) lol:). But I have to say the series is good but they have completely missed bits out and changed a few bits... I really like tyrion aswell :) shame about his family.....