What Are You Reading ?

Rosemary

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm biding my time to read the michael connelly book.......saving the best till last.  ;)

So here's another excellent offering from a fellow south eastern girl:  Dorothy koomson.  i like her as she writes about places that are very local so it's like I could have popped round to visit the characters for a cuppa.  :D

rose-petal-beach-dorothy-koomson.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Now i'm onto another Dorothy Koomson novel......The cupid effect!   She's got to be a local as the first page is talking about her walking around Bromley highstreet and I live in a part of Bromley and she clearly knows it too well to not have been there herself a fair bit! 

68613.jpg

• 2 months later...

Have been re-reading the entire Pip and Flinx series by Alan Dean Foster.

Interrupted them to read Blindsight by Peter Watts ( awesome first contact SF)

Wolf and Iron by Gordon R. Dickson
51k72xxGDXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

It an excellent read, I'm about 90% done. 

I love the Childe Cycle books by GRD :up:

On my to read soon list.

Have you read this one Andy?  I have all Lee Child's books, but the last one 'Never go Back' was such a disappointment, I swore I wouldn't read another one.  But....... I loved Jack Reacher and may just give in and buy it.  The reviews on Amazon are all over the place though, some seem to like it and a heck of a lot of readers hated it ?

There are some good books being read on this thread and I have made note of some - especially the Jo Nesbo .......... I haven't read any of his books, so may try this one first.

Have you read this one Andy?  I have all Lee Child's books, but the last one 'Never go Back' was such a disappointment, I swore I wouldn't read another one.  But....... I loved Jack Reacher and may just give in and buy it.  The reviews on Amazon are all over the place though, some seem to like it and a heck of a lot of readers hated it ?

There are some good books being read on this thread and I have made note of some - especially the Jo Nesbo .......... I haven't read any of his books, so may try this one first.

Sorry Rosemary, No not got around to reading it yet.

I agree the last few Reacher books have been a bit almost not "Reacher"

Also. . . .

A Colleague has read a few Jo Nesbo books and highly recommends them :up:

I have a pretty big reading list for 2015. The one I'm on now is called 'Cretaceous Dawn'. 

3846343.jpg

Basically, some people (some scientists) and a dog are thrown back 65 million years ago after a physics experiment gone wrong.  Its a very smart read so far, I love it. 

I would recommend reading the Jo Nesbo books in chronological order as he does refer back to events in previous books (for character development rather than for details in the crimes being investigated).

The Bat

Cockroaches

The Redbreast

Nemesis

The Devil's Star

The Redeemer

The Snowman

The Leopard

Phantom

Police