What Are You Reading ?

Rosemary

post-1262-0-04697300-1362218794.jpg

I noticed today that Amazon.com is offering the first book 'The Changelings' in the War Of The Fae series by Elle Casey for FREE (e-book version), if you enjoy YA Fantasy novels, this is a great book  :)

http://www.amazon.com/War-Fae-Book-Changelings-ebook/dp/B00766OKOI/ref=sr_1_12?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362217938&sr=1-12&keywords=elle+casey

Edited by Rosemary

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One genre I enjoy, if it's done well, is Historical Novels.  Obviously I've read all of the Jean Auel prehistory series ( Clan of the Cave Bear, etc. )

I just ran into a Authorian series.  Jack Whyte's Camulod series - I have and have read, almost in one setting, The Lance Thrower and am fortunate to have the rest of the series in ebook form, so I'm going to be reading the other 5 soon!

One genre I enjoy, if it's done well, is Historical Novels.  Obviously I've read all of the Jean Auel prehistory series ( Clan of the Cave Bear, etc. )

I just ran into a Authorian series.  Jack Whyte's Camulod series - I have and have read, almost in one setting, The Lance Thrower and am fortunate to have the rest of the series in ebook form, so I'm going to be reading the other 5 soon!

I am reading the Jean Auel books, and love Ayla :)

I hated history in school, but love historical fiction now!!!

And I don't like e-books... there's something about having books on a shelf...they are like trophies for me. My prides and joys.

And I don't like e-books... there's something about having books on a shelf...they are like trophies for me. My prides and joys.

I agree, I love my paper books, and I love my bookshelves.  Only problem is, they are full, and I have no more space for another one :(  

I have a kindle and really like it because of the convenience and because it so light.  I also like that I have been able to find all these new Indie authors, without the kindle I wouldn't have been able to read their books.

I still buy paper books though, and love nothing more that browsing in book shops, but when I bring a book home, it means another book in my bookshelf has to go .......... I have filled my daughter's bookshelf up this way  ;)

I will only read paper books!  I hate reading on the computer, don't own a kindle, and could never give up the feel of reading a "real book", I love going to the library and browsing books.  I think the new world of electronic books is great, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Lately I've been on a biography kick, mostly rock n roll biographies....the latest one I checked out is... "I've Got a Name: The Jim Croce Story"

Just finished reading dorothy koomson's the woman he loved before. Loved it, it tackled death, love, prostitution, drugs, abuse, poverty and lots more besides. Sounds random but I really liked it! :)

Has anyone read the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay ? 

On this recommendation I've gone though the whole series since you posted this :)

Its different for sure  but I really enjoyed it to the extent I am now watching the TV series but thats not as good because they are leaving to much of the gory bits out  :P

Then both of you should get stuck into EVERYTHING by Bernard Cornwell.

He is absolutely awesome and his research is second to none.

Fantastic historical thrillers and mysteries set in REAL historical situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Cornwell

Then both of you should get stuck into EVERYTHING by Bernard Cornwell.

He is absolutely awesome and his research is second to none.

Fantastic historical thrillers and mysteries set in REAL historical situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Cornwell

After taking a look at your reference on Wiki, I think I'll have to add him to my list of books to read. 

Right now I am reading text books for school :( I am so lame but hopefully when summer comes I can pick up a good book.

Nothing lame about reading the textbooks - in fact, that's probably a good thing to do rather than just carry them around :) - summer'll be here shortly and you can kick back with a good book or two and enjoy them rather than having to go to summer school because you didn't read the textbooks!  Keep it up, it does pay off in the long run!!

Nothing lame about reading the textbooks - in fact, that's probably a good thing to do rather than just carry them around :) - summer'll be here shortly and you can kick back with a good book or two and enjoy them rather than having to go to summer school because you didn't read the textbooks!  Keep it up, it does pay off in the long run!!

Oh Al so wise......

After taking a look at your reference on Wiki, I think I'll have to add him to my list of books to read. 

Have you ever seen the Sharpe TV series with sean Bean ??

All from the cornwell Novels.

If you don't like the books you can come 'round and gimme a slap :P

Have you ever seen the Sharpe TV series with sean Bean ??

All from the cornwell Novels.

If you don't like the books you can come 'round and gimme a slap :P

Uh, don't have a tv .... << laughing >> I do my watching on the internet.  I don't see the series but do find a movie ( Sharpes Challenge ) ... may  investigate later.

Uh, don't have a tv .... << laughing >> I do my watching on the internet.  I don't see the series but do find a movie ( Sharpes Challenge ) ... may  investigate later.

It's probably several episodes stitched together to make a TV Movie. :)

I'm sure if you (ahem) know where to look you'll find the books and TV series on the interweb. :)

I am currently on Under the Dome by Steven King.  I am not a King fan however this is only the second book of his that I am able to get into.  I got super excited to see they were making a mini-series from this book.  I am not a reader however I have found with 6 weeks off work due to surgery I actually enjoy reading as long as I get into the book fairly quickly.

I love Stephen King books.

although he does tend to get sidetracked by minor characters,

My fave of his is 

The Stand

Reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss ...

it was recommended to me so we'll see how it goes. my boyfriend bought me an iPad yesterday for my trip to the UK ( i have a 6 hour layover) so i'm going to be doing a lot of reading between now and May!! :)

Reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss ...

it was recommended to me so we'll see how it goes. my boyfriend bought me an iPad yesterday for my trip to the UK ( i have a 6 hour layover) so i'm going to be doing a lot of reading between now and May!! :)

I have this :) I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but I bought it when it was really cheap on Amazon after I read the reviews. It sounds like it'd be up my alley. You will have to let me know how it is.

I love Stephen King books.

although he does tend to get sidetracked by minor characters,

My fave of his is 

The Stand

I collect his books, and have read quite a few of them. My favorite ,too, is the Stand and I also really love The Green Mile.

I attempted the Stand and don't remember why that one turned me off.  The only other Steven King book I read was Lissy's Story.  I was grabbed by that one because of the mental illness. 

I have Lissy's Story, but haven't read it yet. I kind of got burned out on him, like Andy said, he goes into a lot of detail...and he gets kind of boring at times.

if u want some similar books to the fifty shades ones I recommended bared to you and reflected in you (the 3rd one is out soon) and also fire after dark and secrets after dark (3rd one is also out soon)

Read bared to you and reflected in you over the weekend! I'm in love haha too bad I have to wait for June for number 3 :(

Thanks for the recommendation :)

if u want some similar books to the fifty shades ones I recommended bared to you and reflected in you (the 3rd one is out soon) and also fire after dark and secrets after dark (3rd one is also out soon)

Read bared to you and reflected in you over the weekend! I'm in love haha too bad I have to wait for June for number 3 :(

have u read the fire after dark series? All 3 ov those are out , they are good too

I haven't started a new book recently, but I have a good 50+ on reserve. My last book I read was THE INFLUENCE by Matthew John Slick, very good. I follow "pixel of ink" on Facebook, they post several FREE books twice a day from Amazon via kindle. I have a kindle app on my tablet. I love it. Lol I have yet to pay for a book! :)

I will have to check those out sometime. I read the 50 Shades series in under two days.