Just adopted a giant , all white male Siberian Husky.

sfandrick

Hello from Southern Maryland,

Like I said I just adopted a giant 3 year old, 110 plus pound all white Siberian Husky male with blue eyes. I already knew that I wanted to adopt Romo from e mails and photos and they said he was large. OK.. I figured 70 maybe 75 pounds , heck my Collie Shepherd mix is 67 pounds. When I finally meet Romo in person he is 110 plus pounds, still do not know his exact weight but will this weekend when take him to vet to get up to date on all shots. I had him stand next to my neighbors 90 pound Golden Retriever and he is much much larger.

Last owner got him at 8 weeks old and have paper work that both parents were Siberian Husky but no AKC paperwork though. I was just wondering if anyone has or knows of pure Siberian Husky's getting over 110 pounds since AKC standard states that males should only be 60 pounds max? He is fixed and i will love him and care for him no matter what. Really I do not care anything about him meeting any AKC standards. His past owners and I see that he meets all Siberian Husky standard in looks and how he acts just that he is 110 pounds plus. Also his is trim and not fat at all...

If anyone has any has any knowledge of giant Siberian Husky's over 100 pounds please let me know.

Thank You...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say he is standard. A lot of 'breeders' these days have huskies that are bigger and out of standard, claiming them to be 'pure' huskies yet they have no AKC paperwork to prove it (because they aren't truly pure huskies xD). I'm sure he's still a gorgeous boy and the pedigree isn't what matters. Welcome to the forum, would love to see some pictures! :)

Yeah, the Sibs are suppose to be small dogs, not freight animals. He's probably from a "breeder" that really didn't know the breed well and just bred for size. So he may be 'pure'bred, but hes not well bred. So just make sure hes well loved and he should be fine. Might want to get the hips checked out, he is old enough now.

One thought...If he didn't come with papers are you sure he isn't a Samoyed or malamute? you can probably research both parents if you have the paperwork and find more info on the reliability of the "breeder"

:welcome: Wow, he's a big boy...but like someone else said, as long as he's well loved, doesn't matter. Did they say why they were rehoming him? Too big for them? Good luck, we are here to help, but don't have any experience with huskies that big...thought my boys were big at sixty lbs.

Welcome to the forum

Polee is white and very big for a Siberian female at approx 38 kg and rather tall but it doesn't bother me as she's generally very healthy. As others have suggested I would consider having his hips checked as the larger dogs can have issues with HD (Hip Dysplasia)

Can we have some pictures of Romo?

Welcome to the pack :-) like lee above my girl skyla is also a big girl at around 33kg (when last weighed) and is bigger then my male . Nothing to worry about just not a best bred dog, but if he's just a pet/companion then who cares about size :-)

I have a huge soft spot for white huskies would love to see some pics

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Hello from Baltimore, MD! I own two rather large huskies (although small compared to your boy) who are brothers. Tika, my red and white piebald is about 71 lbs. My copper and white boy Viggo checks in at about 80-81 lbs. My vet finally said he could afford to lose just a few lbs. He is rather tall for a Husky so the weight is distributed well though. Viggo and Tika's parents only weighed about 60 lbs and 40 lbs, so I'm not sure why they came out so large, lol. Strange things happen with genetics I guess.

It is hard for me to imagine a 110 lb Husky. Definitely makes me feel there may be some Malamute in him. Would love to see pictures!!!

Here are my two:

loveseat2.jpg

Hi [MENTION=9126]sfandrick[/MENTION], Romo does sound to be a big lad!!! 110lbs is roughly about 48Kgs... are you sure that he's not crossed with a Malamute? Kodiak is around 50Kgs but he's still growing (currently 8 months old). I agree with what you say about paperwork, to be honest, it's a bit of paper, as long as you are happy with him, and you know where he's come from, that's all that matters!!!

• 8 years later...
13 hours ago, Big Balto said:

I to have a 100 to 110 pound siberian husky , male with blue eyes cmmpared him to malumute his ears and eyes look totaly like a husky 'Im confessed how come he's so big he does eat a lot he always after food. anyway i'll keep researching. He's so pretty and I love him so much.

Can you give us a picture?   We love pictures !