Facebook Groups - Clarification

Marc

Hi Guys,

After discussion we felt we need to clarify a part of the rules on here. Facebook as a social networking site is quite obviously an excellent place on the net that everyone visits, however there has been recently and in the past groups & pages posted up on here to try and get people to join. This is not allowed on the site as per our competing site advertising rules.

Just to point out the reason why. These groups are set up so that people can post pictures, share information about their huskies etc etc. Therefore they directly compete against, and take content away from this site. I know with some this is not the intention, however intention or not this is what does happen.

Also please note that no groups are to be set up in the name of our site. We have our own group and also our own page that was kindly set up by Rocky0865 and we do not need any more than that. The page will be used for staff posting up updates about the site so people can recieve information there, and the group I will leave open posting as I understand it is used if for whatever reason the site is offline. Please note this is not only policy of our site but also part of facebooks terms and conditions that you do not set up a group/page referring to another site without express permission.

About time we did this :)

Ditto that.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

im going to go through my groups later and leave half of them people keep adding me to them! I dont ever use them tbh!

Me too. I usually do a 'Facebook Spring Cleaning' where I go through and clean up my friends' lists, leave any groups I don't participate in, and etc.