Katy Holmes Funeral........................ Howling Huskies Needed

flyingspanner

My thoughts will be with you all. This is going to be a very difficult occassion for you i'm sure.

Give all your furkids an extra special hug from me tomorrow!

I have permission to hold a short lesson at 11am with my children to tell them all about katy and what a brave girl she was.

I think that is a lovely idea and a nice tribute to her. I will be thinking of everyone tomorrow- don't forget the tissues, it will be very emotional for everyone. Just cannot imagine how hard this must be for her parents especially with having the new baby to care for too.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its nice of her to invite us to the wake.. but as we have the dogs with us it would be very difficult...

Would it really?? Maybe a little hug and kiss time with the dogs would be a big help to the family. For those dogs that can tolerate being fussed over by someone who's upset ... I don't think anyone needs more of reason than a child's death to be teary eyed, but a furry lick could help???

Well I didnt mean the whole thing, I ment the huskys howling. Sorry its about asking but its not seen like that here and somone else mentioned it originally.

It's ok, Michelle, sometimes people forget customs & what is / is not acceptable in different parts of the world differ greatly .. personally, if it were my family, I probably would like a little reminder of the howling & the balloons being released, but as it is not, then I don't think it is appropriate. If the family want to do it, that's fine, but I don't think it is our place this time to do so :)

its nice of her to invite us to the wake.. but as we have the dogs with us it would be very difficult...

I agree, while Diesel would be in his element hugging all those tears away, it was originally posted as close friends & family at the wake & I respect that, but the offer was such a nice gesture whether dogs (and great, bouncy moulting ones at that!) would be allowed in or not

Well I didnt mean the whole thing, I ment the huskys howling. Sorry its about asking but its not seen like that here and somone else mentioned it originally.

hey dont be offended, was just saying if it were me personally I would be offended. The reason I stated as much is as to warn people off asking as Im sure nobody would want to end up offending them. Not everyone will be the same I agree, however would air on the side of caution with something like this.

It's ok, Michelle, sometimes people forget customs & what is / is not acceptable in different parts of the world differ greatly .. personally, if it were my family, I probably would like a little reminder of the howling & the balloons being released, but as it is not, then I don't think it is appropriate. If the family want to do it, that's fine, but I don't think it is our place this time to do so :)

I agree, while Diesel would be in his element hugging all those tears away, it was originally posted as close friends & family at the wake & I respect that, but the offer was such a nice gesture whether dogs (and great, bouncy moulting ones at that!) would be allowed in or not

i agree... its a time for close friends & family to comfort and console each other, for them to talk about Katy and remember the things she did that made them smile,laugh,cry... memories of a brave little girl...

right there have been a few postcodes posted , can we all just decide on one postcode . please xxxxxxxxxxxx

jules dief taz tor - PR1 9XH seems to be the nearest for Hurst Grange Park at the far end of Hill Road to walk the dogs (it's opposite the cemetery) then we can walk through to the church which is about 15 mins stroll, I believe. Drive to the end of Hill Road, past the park entrance on the right & the car park is on the left, looks like room for around 25 cars (you got my number in case of any problems, x)

Just a though having visited the cemetery at the weekend it maybe advisable for us to park on one side of Hill Rd and leave the car park for Katy's friends and relatives to use

is that the only car park, Lee? I'm going off google maps but there seems to be loads of road space too

is that the only car park, Lee? I'm going off google maps but there seems to be loads of road space too

Yes, there is only one small car park on Hill rd which is right next to the cemetery. I didn't go into the cemetery as the gate was closed but I personally wouldn't park in a Cemetery with the dogs. There is plenty of space on the road so would suggest parking on the road a few hundred yards from the cemetery entrance so as not to obstruct access for friends and family

I wouldn't worry to much about it if the family wants to remember it and record the event I'm sure they will put it on fb for all of us who wish we could go but can't. This little lady had people from all over the world pulling for her and I'm sure if they are up to it they would share this moment with all that support. If not we'll live vicariously through the tales of our fellow members who I am SURE will tell us how it all went once their eyes are dry ;)

Hey guys and gals that ARE able to go please make sure they know how many of us are just heartbroken we can't make it, for whatever reason, and that our thoughts are ALL with them :)

I hope it went okay today. My children listened when I told them all about Katy, they talked about heaven (2 trains of thought....one little girl says the girls that go to heaven get to be angels and the boys get to be gnomes....a little boy said that the girls get to be fairies and the boys get to be robots! And we played a wolf howl at 11am and had a minutes silence for her while thinking about all the reasons that we are so fortunate. They hope she likes her coffin (i said it was going to be a disney princess one but not sure if that is true) and we talked about the soul and the body. All the children then talked to me about the person inside them and what their heaven would be like.

All our thoughts were with katy and her family. My thoughts were also with those of you that attended today. X

well done to everyone that went today to support the family, just shows what a loving and caring community the husky world can be.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it, i was refused leave but i said a prayer and thought about Katy's family this morning x