Katy Holmes Funeral........................ Howling Huskies Needed

flyingspanner

I've just had a text & phone call from Katy's Mum Paula, asking if we could have LOTS of Huskies attend her Funeral and also that we can get them to howl at the graveside.

"Funeral is next tuesday 31st January at 11am. You are ALL invited. The service will be at St Tereasa's church in Penwortham ( PR1 0DS) and then onto Hill Road cemetery (PR1 9EQ )for the burial. There will be a wake afterwards but respectfully ask that only those closest to us attend that by invitation only. We are having a Disney theme and ask that everyone wears something Disney whether its a pair of socks, cufflinks, t-shirt or fancy dress outfit. Lets keep it bright and colourful like Katy was. If possible can you fetch a helium balloon, pref disney or blue, and tie a message to it. We can then release them altogether. I really hope you'll come, if its the last thing you ever do for us it'll be worth it because its for Katy xxxxxxx"

After the huge support H-O gave Katy a few weeks ago, I'm certain we can help.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a text & phone call from Katy's Mum Paula, asking if we could have LOTS of Huskies attend her Funeral and also that we can get them to howl at the graveside.

"Funeral is next tuesday 31st January at 11am. You are ALL invited. The service will be at St Tereasa's church in Penwortham and then onto Hill Road cemetery for the burial. There will be a wake afterwards but respectfully ask that only those closest to us attend that by invitation only. We are having a Disney theme and ask that everyone wears something Disney whether its a pair of socks, cufflinks, t-shirt or fancy dress outfit. Lets keep it bright and colourful like Katy was. If possible can you fetch a helium balloon, pref disney or blue, and tie a message to it. We can then release them altogether. I really hope you'll come, if its the last thing you ever do for us it'll be worth it because its for Katy xxxxxxx"

I wish I could go :( angel howls like goodun 2 1/2 hours for me and i dont drive and hubby will be working

I saw this on her fb site and thought it would be great if we could get a husky howl for her but no way i can get the time off :(

I will wear something disney that day though (even if it's just my socks!) and if I can, i'll get a helium balloon and release it at 11 as others are doing

RIP Katy x

"Funeral is next tuesday 31st January at 11am. You are ALL invited. The service will be at St Tereasa's church in Penwortham ( PR1 0DS) and then onto Hill Road cemetery (PR1 9EQ )for the burial. There will be a wake afterwards but respectfully ask that only those closest to us attend that by invitation only. We are having a Disney theme and ask that everyone wears something Disney whether its a pair of socks, cufflinks, t-shirt or fancy dress outfit. Lets keep it bright and colourful like Katy was. If possible can you fetch a helium balloon, pref disney or blue, and tie a message to it. We can then release them altogether. I really hope you'll come, if its the last thing you ever do for us it'll be worth it because its for Katy xxxxxxx"

hi nick im not that confident travelling where i dont know ...exactly where is this and how long would it take me about from e port ..please

hi nick im not that confident travelling where i dont know ...exactly where is this and how long would it take me about from e port ..please

depends which side of EP you are Irene :D - M56/M6 is about 55 miles, M53 through the tunnel and up the A59 is about 45 miles x

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cp=7&gs_id=6&xhr=t&q=pr1 0ds&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=572&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=u4IdT4qUD8Hb8AOng8m3Cw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CA0Q_AUoAg

edit: frikin link hasn't got the route! just click on add directions and put your postcode in x

depends which side of EP you are Irene :D - M56/M6 is about 55 miles, M53 through the tunnel and up the A59 is about 45 miles x

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cp=7&gs_id=6&xhr=t&q=pr1 0ds&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=572&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=u4IdT4qUD8Hb8AOng8m3Cw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CA0Q_AUoAg

edit: frikin link hasn't got the route! just click on add directions and put your postcode in x

il have a look thank you ...

Grumpy & I will be going, I told work I was going to a funeral, the office I work in know how we have been supporting Katy & her family and said I can have the time off, I was going to use it as my last day's holiday before it gets reset in April but they have been really good & said not to. Can't say I'm looking forward to the balloons - foil helium ones I'm fine with but rubber helium ones will have me running, but the phobia is nothing compared to what Katy's family are going through

I will be there in spirit but distance, work and a husky that doesn't do much howling all get in the way. Take plenty of tissues folks and I am so glad some are able to go to show a presence from husky owners as I am sure we will all be thinking of them at this very sad time.