Katy Holmes Funeral........................ Howling Huskies Needed

flyingspanner

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan has the day off now so i can take all dogs with us now, thank you Lee & Ella for your offers

If anyone that is going to funeral needs a disney balloon, my boss has got some in for me just let me know if you want me to bring it with me, they cost £3 each

Can I have one please Denise ?

just checking that i have the right route so we don't get lost, if this is the right route it will only take about 15 mins to walk from church to cemetery.

so i would like to park car at cemetery & walk to church & back so dogs have some exercise.

Could someone let me know if this is right please if not tell me where i'm going.

Walking directions to Hill Rd, Preston PR1 9XH, UK 3D2Dtransparent.png

marker_greenA.png

Unmarked)

Penwortham, adj St Teresa's Church (Unmarked) transparent.png

1. Head southeast on Queensway toward Woodland Grove transparent.png

0.2 mi

2. Turn left onto Liverpool Rd/​A59 transparent.png

0.1 mi

3. Slight right to stay on Liverpool Rd/​A59 transparent.png

0.2 mi

4. Turn right onto Hill Rd transparent.png

0.3 mi

marker_greenB.png

Hill Rd

Preston PR1 9XH, UK transparent.png

Just reading through this thread. I cannot put into words how proud I am to be a part of this amazing group. Each of you who will make it (and those of you who have tried to get the day off) should be commended.

Was just thinking that it would be awesome if you could all line up from the church to the transport vehicle as Katy is carried to it.

Bless you all for what you are doing. .....

Just reading through this thread. I cannot put into words how proud I am to be a part of this amazing group. Each of you who will make it (and those of you who have tried to get the day off) should be commended.

Was just thinking that it would be awesome if you could all line up from the church to the transport vehicle as Katy is carried to it.

Bless you all for what you are doing. .....

I think that was talked about but someone said they are having a horse drawn hearse so we might spook the horses ... I don't know yet, it would be a nice idea though

just checking that i have the right route so we don't get lost, if this is the right route it will only take about 15 mins to walk from church to cemetery.

so i would like to park car at cemetery & walk to church & back so dogs have some exercise.

Could someone let me know if this is right please if not tell me where i'm going.

Walking directions to Hill Rd, Preston PR1 9XH, UK 3D2Dtransparent.png

marker_greenA.png

Unmarked)

Penwortham, adj St Teresa's Church (Unmarked) transparent.png

1. Head southeast on Queensway toward Woodland Grove transparent.png

0.2 mi

2. Turn left onto Liverpool Rd/​A59 transparent.png

0.1 mi

3. Slight right to stay on Liverpool Rd/​A59 transparent.png

0.2 mi

4. Turn right onto Hill Rd transparent.png

0.3 mi

marker_greenB.png

Hill Rd Preston PR1 9XH, UK transparent.png

If that is all it is, I think it would be good to park at the cemetery & walk to the church if that's what we're going to decide on doing ...

we will be attending with a couple of the doggles . can any body confirm where we are meeting with a post code please

Jules, when we know what's for definate, we can tell you, but the cemetery is at PR1 9XH :)

I've just had a text & phone call from Katy's Mum Paula, asking if we could have LOTS of Huskies attend her Funeral and also that we can get them to howl at the graveside.

"Funeral is next tuesday 31st January at 11am. You are ALL invited. The service will be at St Tereasa's church in Penwortham ( PR1 0DS) and then onto Hill Road cemetery (PR1 9EQ )for the burial. There will be a wake afterwards but respectfully ask that only those closest to us attend that by invitation only. We are having a Disney theme and ask that everyone wears something Disney whether its a pair of socks, cufflinks, t-shirt or fancy dress outfit. Lets keep it bright and colourful like Katy was. If possible can you fetch a helium balloon, pref disney or blue, and tie a message to it. We can then release them altogether. I really hope you'll come, if its the last thing you ever do for us it'll be worth it because its for Katy xxxxxxx"

After the huge support H-O gave Katy a few weeks ago, I'm certain we can help.

i thought the postcode for cemetery was PR1 9EQ ????

hmmm - PR1 9EQ is an address on Queenscourt Avenue, not near Hill Road ... the cemetery is just north of the A582 Golden Way - PR1 9XH is on Google Maps & also covers Hurst Grange Park opposite too which would be OK for walking the dogs by the look of it - Pete, is this park OK for dogs? @riot chaos demon anarchy mayhem ?

Possible route from Church to Cemetery could be

St Teresa's Church

Down Queensway to Liverpool Rd (A59)

Right into Cop Lane

Through Hurst Grange Park to Hill Rd (the cemetery looks to be at the end of Hill Rd)

Will check the route at the weekend to see how long it takes to walk