CON MAN - COLIN WORTHINGTON

Marc

This topic is specifically for one person and one person alone.

Allegedly this person has decided to con someone who is very good friend of mine. They decided to buy a husky from someone who in good faith did the wrong thing by signing over everything, for no other reason than being the kind person that they are as they considered the person in question to be a friend. However unknown to them the money was never to be seen, and has now been told that the money will never be given. It has also been stated that the husky has now been sold on.

I see people conned every day. Do not ever con my friends!!!!

EDIT: Named as Colin worthington by one of the people he has been scamming in this post

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people don't seem to care how much harm or hurt they cause . . . .

so long as the personal GAIN is worth it.

Scum. :rollingpin:

This sort of thing makes me probably more livid than a great many other things, probably because I've had personal experience with it. I was on the receiving end of the being screwed not the giving to clarify. It was a vehicle, not a dog. It was actually the first major purchase my husband and I made when we came back from Iraq...phone calls and such with local and federal law enforcement, some very frustrating phone calls with the bank...and $3k later we're still waiting for them to catch the person...welcome home right?

All the same we're good people deep down, and while it was only money and half of our savings at the time we moved on. It's been a year next month. We try desperately to have faith in the general goodness of people, but as a result of this incident we ourselves are a little lest trusting, a bit more world weary, and certainly more cautious. I'd like to be able to say that this incident didn't leave us at least a little jaded but that would be a lie...and I think that's worse than loosing money. One more chip away at good people's faith in other good people because someone decided to be a cheat.

The fact that someone knows who you are...well that certainly makes it much easier on officials when prosecuting this sort of thing. Shame on you whoever you are. I certainly hope this gets resolved one way or the other...to the individuals who had this horrible thing happen...all I can say is chin up...it's hard but there are still good people out there.

**** ******!!! Dude who ever you are sort it out. It can always be put down to a misunderstanding. Dont be a cheating robbing low life. Ggrrrrr.

Appreciated, however please watch the language .. We are still a family forum

That stinks.

I know all about these conning evil scammers.

About 4 months ago, I was looking to adopt one more husky, and I came accross an add for husky pups.

The owner said he needed urgent help with rehoming the pups, and that the rehoming fee would be very small because he wasnt really looking to make significant money off the 2 pups.

so, I emailed him and waited. a few hours later I got an email saying that he would have to ship the pups to me because he really lived in orlando (not true)

so, i bit the bait just to see what the deal really was, and I gave him my phone number by email.

Then...

I got some lady calling me about paying to ship pups to me from jamaica or someplce, and so...I knew it was a scam.

Beware of people on the internet, they will use and abuse you to make a buck. NEVER EVER pay out money if you cannot see the pups in person, and especially do NOT pay if you get a call from out of state or off US soil. Once your money reaches those people you will not be able to do anything to get it back.

That stinks.

I know all about these conning evil scammers.

About 4 months ago, I was looking to adopt one more husky, and I came accross an add for husky pups.

The owner said he needed urgent help with rehoming the pups, and that the rehoming fee would be very small because he wasnt really looking to make significant money off the 2 pups.

so, I emailed him and waited. a few hours later I got an email saying that he would have to ship the pups to me because he really lived in orlando (not true)

so, i bit the bait just to see what the deal really was, and I gave him my phone number by email.

Then...

I got some lady calling me about paying to ship pups to me from jamaica or someplce, and so...I knew it was a scam.

Beware of people on the internet, they will use and abuse you to make a buck. NEVER EVER pay out money if you cannot see the pups in person, and especially do NOT pay if you get a call from out of state or off US soil. Once your money reaches those people you will not be able to do anything to get it back.

I have heard of this happening more frequently, a young girl i know was conned out of £780 less than 3 months ago via an almost identical scam