Tribute To Odin, The Siberian Husky

http://youtu.be/UovpppIspY8

He quietly slipped away from us at about 5pm on the 14th of May 2013.

Although his was a short life that never reached its completion... these short months have made our lives so much richer and fuller. Odin, with his tiny 'angel wings' on his back, had always been our guardian angel. He was a champ even without winning any medals. He was the best dog one could ever have...

I will miss you so much. Goodbye Odin.

http://www.the-elchemists.blogspot.com/2013/05/odin-siberian-husky-king-who-ruled-our.html

Thanks so much everyone for such kind words.

Looking back now, I could only conclude that Odin has loved us all his life without any condition whatsoever. And one of my greatest regret was that I did not spend enough time and energy, to deserve such love.

Let this be a lesson: do not neglect the people and dog who love us, and if you love, do so fully, unconditionally. Even as my dog loved me like all dogs would love its owners, I remind myself that we have to love with all our hearts.

All these were the things Odin, in all his simple self, showed me. To me, he was not just a dog, but a companion, a friend, a teacher. Unexpectedly, he has taught me so much more about life than I ever could ask for.

I hope all of you will have a fulfilling life with your dogs icon_smile.gif

So sorry for your loss.  That is really a touching tribute and can describe my relationship with Nikko.  He has changed my life forever and I love him unconditionally.  So sad especially when you lose them way too soon. 

RIP Odin

:rainbowbridge:

Such a sweet tribute, both of them.  He looks like a very lucky puppy to have had you all in his life.  All the things in our lives we love best are always taken from us too early, no matter how long they've been with us.

RIP little guy, spread those little wings and fly.

Thanks so much everyone for such kind words.

Looking back now, I could only conclude that Odin has loved us all his life without any condition whatsoever. And one of my greatest regret was that I did not spend enough time and energy, to deserve such love.

Let this be a lesson: do not neglect the people and dog who love us, and if you love, do so fully, unconditionally. Even as my dog loved me like all dogs would love its owners, I remind myself that we have to love with all our hearts.

All these were the things Odin, in all his simple self, showed me. To me, he was not just a dog, but a companion, a friend, a teacher. Unexpectedly, he has taught me so much more about life than I ever could ask for.

I hope all of you will have a fulfilling life with your dogs icon_smile.gif

It's a lesson learned for many of us........I was fortunate enough to have my first Sibe  for nearly 15 years. He taught me so much about life, love, trust...........right up until his last moments with me. I was blessed, as you were blessed. Never to be forgotten..........aren't we the most fortunate ones of all to share our lives with such a beautiful breed?!

There are only a few times in my life, that I have actually cried. Once when my first dog died, once when my second dog died, and once when our first Husky passed a few years ago. They challenge us, they reward us, they love us, and they ask for so little in return. Lovely tribute to Odin. May he run free til you meet again.

Edited by Mazz

• 2 weeks later...

My heart aches for you Cherri. May your memories of Odin bring you comfort and joy; May Odin run free and wild across the Bifrost and may you both  

meet in joy again one day when your time to cross over arrives! May Odin greet you joyfully lead you to your sled jump into his harness and joyfully pull you

laughing through the Gates of Heaven right to the feet of Our Father in Heaven. I bid you Peace!

Fr Carmen OFM

• 3 months later...

http://youtu.be/UovpppIspY8

He quietly slipped away from us at about 5pm on the 14th of May 2013.

Although his was a short life that never reached its completion... these short months have made our lives so much richer and fuller. Odin, with his tiny 'angel wings' on his back, had always been our guardian angel. He was a champ even without winning any medals. He was the best dog one could ever have...

I will miss you so much. Goodbye Odin.

http://www.the-elchemists.blogspot.com/2013/05/odin-siberian-husky-king-who-ruled-our.html

I am so sorry for your loss. That was  BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE that touched me deeply. Yo express yourself very well through your thoughtful, compassionate and eloquent writing.

May Odin run free with "Cochise" and ALL of our loved companions who left for eternal freedom!

I try to stay away from these types of posts because I am emotional[was not always that way] and knew I would shed some tears!

Odin looked a lot like my "Capo" when they were a few months old!

Thank you,,,,,,,,may you find joy in whatever you seek.

Ciao,,,Roberto

A few pics. of Capo and the late great "COCHISE",,My Malamute mix.