Ivanna Lakota Crosses The Rainbow Bridge

At around 5PM EDT in America, Ivanna Lakota, my little girl crossed over the Beifrost to join Tuvok and Apollo with her Mom Dorata and all the generations past. The Tumor was in the spleen a massive thing that spawn two growth in her liver, distorted and invaded her left kidney and pushed her stomach so far against the vertebral column the Doctor could not find it with the ultrasound scan. the amazing thing to eveyone was the absolute lack of symptoms Ivanna presented. She was spry alert ready to go sledding strong you couldn't keep her down! Even the doctor was amazed. I attribute that to a wonderful genetic line and the strength of the breed in general. She passed over being held tightly in my arms and loved over she relaxed into my grasp and stayed there the entire time. I'll put together an obit and place it here later. There's just too much to tell now and I'm just numb and overwhelmed. In 6 days I've lost Tuvok and Ivanna both. Octavian and Hero remain, I'm hoping for quite a long time to come.  thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I guessed you wanted to know the outcome. She rests with my other two furry companions. The rectory is both very quiet, empty and sad tonight. The Aurora is Brilliant with the flashings of Ivanna's golden harness.Run my little girl, my very first born. Join Apollo, Tuvok and the rest, Run far and free!! Love you always!!

post-992-0-42472700-1366246650_thumb.jpg

Al

If it were in my power I wouldn't just stop it, I'd reverse it!! believe me I didn't plan this out and I've asked myself a million times what could I have done to prevent it even the vet said there was nothing you could have done; that's why there's research to find an end to cancer. it's a devastating disease. In fact, the vet was telling me today that there was the distinct possibility of Tuvok having a tumor that couldn't be detected within the lung tissues that could have caused the pneumothorax to occur. If that's true then all three of my babies died of some form of cancer as the cause. All I can say is that I was privileged to have had these babies for the time I had them. Any one of them was a once-in-a-lifetime dog. I was blessed to have five of them all at the same time. All I can say is thanks for the opportunity and that in this bargain I feel I made out the better of it. It just hurts to have to let them go like this. . . . Healing will come with time the emptiness will remain but the pain will not be as acute as it is right now. The thought that they are in the arms of God and St. Francis our Holy Father is a great comfort. The wish is that it were my arms she was in but given the circumstances she is in the absolute best place she could be. If not in my arms then the Arms of Jesus and Our Holy Father Francis of Assisi are the best place to be.  Thanks for listening.

Thank you a millon for your loving support. You folks are the greatest and it helps to know I'm not alone in this. Slow and steady will ultimately win out and that I will do. For the moment there's just a lot of pain. I've just gotten Tuvok's ashes back tonight. Tuesday a week from this coming Ivanna's should be coming in. They will join Apollo on his Table in my Study. They were inseparable in this life so shall they be in the next. Thanks again and bless you all.

Carmen OFM

Father, I am simply without words.  Ivanna Lakota is in God's backyard, right now, having the time of her life with Tuvok.  Both of them are running free.  Father, you will be in my prayers again today.  I have experienced the loss of a pet, but can only imagine what you are experiencing.  May you find solace with those that remain in your care.  May God bless. 

There aren't enough ways to say "thank you" for the words of wisdom, comfort, solidarity, the hugs and kisses, the feelings. I am so blessed to have such support and from all parts of the world! It is a comfort in the pain. Like waves on a shoreline it crashes and recedes only to build and crash again. time will blunt the acuity but the emptiness will be there until we are all united again. That is the hope and expectation. That's what's keeping me going on. the Easter message was never more clear than it is right now. I grieve with expectation not despair. That makes all the difference in the Universe. God bless you all.

Carmen OFM

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy with many things so I'm a bit backward in getting to the thanks but sincerely, i'm most grateful for your words consolation and your tears over these losses.

Precious beyond diamonds is your concern and comfort. It does help with the work of grieving. The tears still come in the quiet moments and the silence is filled with memories and the wild warm and strong love that was Ivanna, Apollo and Tuvok. There are no words. . . only feelings deep, warm, funny loving forever. Now my charge is to take care of the two remaining until they also cross over. Then only God knows and I trust in His decisions. Thank you again. God Bless you all.

Carmen OFM