Story of Husky Owners

Marc

Thought I would do a reposting of this as so much has happened since we opened husky owners originally and so many people have joined that will not know how we started. Something that I found out earlier when someone asked me.

STORY OF HUSKY OWNERS

In late 2008 me and my wife Sarah decided that we would have a husky (more my wife than me lol) as an addition to our family home. Because of this Sarah started joining groups on the popular website facebook and spoken to quite a few other owners around the country. This then sparked off an idea.

I have been running websites, and more so forums for quite a few years and do so as a hobby. I have never particularly been fond of having pets, and Sarah has never been particularly fond of the time I spend on the internet at home. This came to a head one day in a serious arguement between us and so the day ended and we went to bed.

Sarah whilst sat there on facebook the day after then mentioned that it would be a good idea if we could get a few people together for walks with their huskies by using a SMALL FORUM. This is where both our interests hit each other head on and husky owners forum was born.

Husky owners forums was brought online on 28th of october 2008. Since then the site has changed its look to be a more professional looking website, new additions have been added (and removed, and added lol), and members have been joining on a daily bases. As someone with many years experience in website design I can say this place grew at an exceptional rate, surpassing all other sites in size in less than 12 months. Rather than the original idea of a small number of people in the our area Sarah could meet up with, we ended up with UK meetings, then a husky holiday, then 2 husky holidays, then gaining members from other countries. There are now camps and meets in other areas of the world and we have members from over 20 countries (and thats just looking at the member map).

WHAT DOES HUSKY OWNERS STAND FOR?

I have had a look around at various websites and forums regarding huskies and indeed other breeds and it seems there are a lot out there who are very much into the breeding of huskies, proffessional and experienced information and not a lot else. We wanted to get away from this. We are a site for the owners of huskies. People who have a husky as a loving pet and can share their experiences with other owners. People who can share the laughter and occasional problems that all dog owners have. More than anything a place where like minded individuals can come online and have a good laugh with eachother. Who wants to go online and be bored to death? lol

HUSKY OWNERS EVOLUTION

Opening Day

After week one

post-7184-0-53614900-1391213142_thumb.jp

3 Month Old (ish)

post-2850-0-61590300-1391226920_thumb.jp

Move to Invision

post-2850-0-99159800-1391237619.jpg

Present day

post-2850-0-52148800-1391237586.jpg

post-1-13586026483378_thumb.jpg

post-1-13586026485466_thumb.jpg

post-1-13586026486255_thumb.jpg

post-1-13586026486638_thumb.jpg

post-1-13586026487885_thumb.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so very much Marc, what a wonderful story and you and Sarah are still going strong. That is even a better outcome from this all. Wishing you and Sarah and HO many many years of success, happiness and the greatest of health.

You gave so much more than we asked for, thank you for taking the time to put this together

HUSKY LOVERS IN VERMONT

now, for Husky Lovers in Vermont under our SA DA KA name?;)

Thought I would do a reposting of this as so much has happened since we opened husky owners originally and so many people have joined that will not know how we started. Something that I found out earlier when someone asked me.

STORY OF HUSKY OWNERS

In late 2008 me and my wife Sarah decided that we would have a husky (more my wife than me lol) as an addition to our family home. Because of this Sarah started joining groups on the popular website facebook and spoken to quite a few other owners around the country. This then sparked off an idea.

I have been running websites, and more so forums for quite a few years and do so as a hobby. I have never particularly been fond of having pets, and Sarah has never been particularly fond of the time I spend on the internet at home. This came to a head one day in a serious arguement between us and so the day ended and we went to bed.

Sarah whilst sat there on facebook the day after then mentioned that it would be a good idea if we could get a few people together for walks with their huskies by using a SMALL FORUM. This is where both our interests hit each other head on and husky owners forum was born.

Husky owners forums was brought online on 28th of october 2008. Since then the site has changed its look to be a more professional looking website, new additions have been added (and removed, and added lol), and members have been joining on a daily bases. As someone with many years experience in website design I can say this place grew at an exceptional rate, surpassing all other sites in size in less than 12 months. Rather than the original idea of a small number of people in the our area Sarah could meet up with, we ended up with UK meetings, then a husky holiday, then 2 husky holidays, then gaining members from other countries. There are now camps and meets in other areas of the world and we have members from over 20 countries (and thats just looking at the member map).

I have had a look around at various websites and forums regarding huskies and indeed other breeds and it seems there are a lot out there who are very much into the breeding of huskies, proffessional and experienced information and not a lot else. We wanted to get away from this. We are a site for the owners of huskies. People who have a husky as a loving pet and can share their experiences with other owners. People who can share the laughter and occasional problems that all dog owners have. More than anything a place where like minded individuals can come online and have a good laugh with eachother. Who wants to go online and be bored to death? lol

HUSKY OWNERS EVOLUTION

Opening Day

[ATTACH=full]42367[/ATTACH]

After week one

[ATTACH=full]42368[/ATTACH]

3 Month Old (ish)

[ATTACH=full]42369[/ATTACH]

Move to Invision

[ATTACH=full]42371[/ATTACH]

Present day

[ATTACH=full]42370[/ATTACH]

Bless you both and your staff too for such a wonderful place to meet, greet and share! Thank you! It's a great gift!! Carmen OFM:thankyou: :wave1:

From the first day that I joined this forum, to my once in a lifetime visit to the UK where I met Marc and Sarah, up to today and beyond, this forum has brought me so much. Not only to share in the laughter, but also to share in the tears. Many of you I have never met, some I will never meet. But that does not change what a wonderful forum Husky Owners is for so many people. This is truly a special forum. We all owe a great deal of gratitude to Marc and Sarah for their vision, their persistence in keeping the focus, and for maintaining this forum on the leading edge of technology. I can't say much more, than thank you, Marc and Sarah, thank you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I would be so lost without Husky Owners :)

I have been very sick for months now, the only thing that keeps me sane is HO, the stories and photos keeps me in touch with reality outside my front door and keeps me focussed on things, other than myself, which is a blessing :rolleyes:

My huskies thank you too :yahoo:

:ditto: to all of the above I am a member on another Dutch forum and that one has just died since last jan. almost no postings etc. HO is just the best with members that IMO do not judge you and there will always be an answer to you question and posting...just Love it here I always have it on...

Thanks Marc and Sarah for this forum...

Loved seeing the site in it's early beginnings.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful place for people to learn and share together.

I've never posted in a forum like I do this one and that is a tribute to the wonderful community of people who don't judge and are always willing to help one another wherever possible.

This forum is one of a kind and I just want to say thank you to everyone, Marc, Sarah, all the staff and all the members, and of course the Huskies that brighten our day's beyond what we could ever have imagined.

:DTHANK YOU:D

STORY OF HUSKY OWNERS

HUSKY OWNERS EVOLUTION

Opening Day

[ATTACH=full]42367[/ATTACH]

After week one

[ATTACH=full]42368[/ATTACH]

3 Month Old (ish)

[ATTACH=full]42369[/ATTACH]

Move to Invision

[ATTACH=full]42371[/ATTACH]

Present day

[ATTACH=full]42370[/ATTACH]

thank goodness you to had your disagreement that day ...otherwise we woulndt have this ...well done :clap:

I would be so lost without Husky Owners :)

I have been very sick for months now, the only thing that keeps me sane is HO, the stories and photos keeps me in touch with reality outside my front door and keeps me focussed on things, other than myself, which is a blessing :rolleyes:

My huskies thank you too :yahoo:

hi rosemary ...im sorry to hear your not very well me ,marley ,nina send hugs and best wishes to you from the uk xxx:grouphug::lovebone: