HUSKY OWNERS HITS HALF A MILLION

Marc

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUM. WELCOME TO THE 500,000th POST

We have now hit a massive milestone of half a million (500,000) posts on the forum to date, and just before our 3rd birthday on the forum. For those of you who are not aware, this makes our forum officially a Big Board.. Not just in our genre, but for bulletin boards in general.

So, I thought for the event I would post up a bit of a timeline of bits that have gone on throughout the forums short history on the internet.

28/10/2008 - Husky Owners was first switched online.

forum1.jpg

12/12/2008 - The forum was integrated with facebook via an application, which is where we originally started promotion of the forum. Forum look was updated a little.

forum2.jpg

15/01/2009 - Chat room was added to the forum for the first time. The very few of us on the forum would at that time organise times to go and chat.

10/03/2009 - Due to massive amounts of promotion and activity, Amy (Siberian Wolf) was made moderator.

amyraid.jpg

03/05/2009 - Our first meeting at Newbold Comyn, Leamington Spa.

lqkYrOiuCYI

05/05/2009 - Site was struggling on our very small host, so was moved somewhere bigger to cope. New design was added to the forum, which would become our official site colouring

forum3.jpg

09/05/2009 - STATS TIME - 31646 Posts and 302 Members in total

19/08/2009 - In just less than a year and 50000 posts, we had officially taken over the postcount of every major husky forum

14/12/2009 - Forum hits 1000 members

28/03/2010 - First month to hit over 10k posts in a month (we now hit around 30k at times)

04/04/2010 - Forum hits 1400 members, and we move to new server due to activity increase

27/04/2010 - Forum hits 1600 members

05/05/2010 - Moved to Invision forum software due to problems at vbulletin

forum4-png.9652

09/09/2010 - Forum has become so busy a completely dedicated server was needed.

31/12/2010 - By the end of 2010 we had done 176,000 posts in the year

20/04/2011 - Due to the success of the camp in north wales, we make this an annual static camp, and have one roaming in oct for the forum birthday camp.

26/04/2011 - Due to the size of the forum, more than one techie was needed. Jos was promoted from member to admin in one swoop for this reason. A forum first and forum win.

14/05/2011 - The site is moved to the completly new xenforo software

forum5-png.9653

09/09/2011 - First none UK camp is born in Iowa, USA

25/10/2011 - FORUM HITS HALF A MILLION POSTS

A special thankyou to @Dunc @BlueWolf @valkyries @Val (Zebedee) @siberian_wolf @Mazz @madmonk @Sparks @Andy and all previous members of staff also from both Sarah and myself. Without you'd the forum would not still have the ideals we set this place up for and be the place it is today.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Marc u did forget 1 LITTLE important date tho

04/01/2009 - BingBlaze'n'Skyla joined the forum - n its never been quite the same again ;) HAHA

no seriously tho well done guys uve done an awesome job - this place is like my home and u lot are family - love u all - keep up the awesome work :)

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Marc u did forget 1 LITTLE important date tho

04/01/2009 - BingBlaze'n'Skyla joined the forum - n its never been quite the same again ;) HAHA

no seriously tho well done guys uve done an awesome job - this place is like my home and u lot are family - love u all - keep up the awesome work :)

LMFAO, ya know I should have included that LOL

and one you missed @Marc somewhere in the last 24 hours we hit 2500 at 1Award, in her normal staid and subtle manner it was @Storm & Angels Mum who put us over the top there.

ME!!!!!!! 2500 :wave1::wave1::wave1::yahoo:

My thanks and appreciation to everyone, staff and members for making this such a great place to hang out. It's definitely become my home ...

Edit: have to stop editing this. It took us 10 months to get to 2500, think we can get organized and get another 2500 in two months??

and one you missed @Marc somewhere in the last 24 hours we hit 2500 at 1Award, in her normal staid and subtle manner it was @Storm & Angels Mum who put us over the top there.

My thanks and appreciation to everyone, staff and members for making this such a great place to hang out. It's definitely become my home ...

Edit: have to stop editing this. It took us 10 months to get to 2500, think we can get organized and get another 2500 in two months??

WHOA YEAH I DID LOL:wave1:( they dont call me gobby for nothing you know):D

It has been a pleasure to have been part of this place almost from the start & to watch it grow - long may it last & here's to the 1,000,000th post!!!!!!!!!:congrats:

18 month away at current activity ;) ...... Will come quickly :D