The Off Topic Random Thread

Dunc

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had Steak n kidney puddings, Chips, and carrots slathered in gravy.. . Ohhhhhh NOM !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

suddenly feel the urge to share this story:

When I was a little girl, I badly wanted a dog. One evening when I was eight, after visiting a friend's house to see their new dog I sat on the front porch hugging my knees. I look up to the dark sky and said "I really want a dog if I have one I swear I'd take a good care of it". At that time my house was small and cramped. My bro is afraid of dogs and my parents dislike them. I also have respiratory problems and my parents have long suspected I'm allergic to animal fur. But just like any stubborn little kid I keep asking my parents for a dog. That night, about 5 minutes after saying my "prayer", I saw a pack of dog running past my house. There is no dog owner in my area. Strays are little to none, considering this is Indonesia. I was stunned, especially because there are LOADS of dogs running past by. Finally, five to six running dogs later, I got curious and walked towards my gate. I bent down to a dog's eye level, waiting for the next dog to run past. Then, this fluffy white dog casually walked towards me. He (I assume) pushed his face to the gate, his mouth open as if grinning. He was not tall, kind of like a Chow mix now that I think about it. But this one is certainly patient. He waited, still smiling, while my childish mind attempted to make one of the hardest decision a child ever encounter. Minutes later, with a heavy heart, I waved my hand slightly in the air. "Shoo!" 

And that dog casually turned around and left. I never see him or the other running dogs ever again. But that encounter made me stop begging for a dog to my parents. I waited. Seven years later, my first dog arrived :) 

aaand... another one with similar theme. sorry guys was just feeling chatty :lol:

When I was 12, my family's lease on my old house ended. But my current house wasn't ready yet so we stayed in my grandma's for six months. My grandma's house is at least 50 years old. It's a huge, colonial style house with a rooftop. No one has ever climbed to the rooftop since my dad's childhood. But being an adventurous, curious kid, I climb up every afternoon. I liked the wind, the view and most of all the fact that nobody else dared to go there. They said it's just deserted for so long it might be haunted. But it only meant total privacy for me. One day, I met a skinny little black dog. He was rather small like a standard-sized dachshund, but his legs were long and lean. His ears perked up, and his Lab-like tail a little curled. His fur was short and glossy black, but that's not the one feature that caught my interest. This dog has a pair of bright orange eyes. So bright it reminded me to tangerines. I googled "orange eyes in dogs" a few days back but the only color resembling my black dog's eyes are found in a feline. If that's not weird enough, I always saw this dog standing on the next door building's rooftop. How did a small dog got up there? Unlike my grandma's house, the next door building has no access to rooftop.

Anyways, since at that time I still want a dog badly, I started coming up to the rooftop more frequently. I talked about him to my friends, but they said I must be dreaming. I met this black dog 3-4 times but my memory was fuzzy. I don't remember what happened in the first encounters but I vividly remember the last. One day my aunt took me on a trip to visit a local shop that makes apple chips (my town is famous for making weird chips LOL) and I found that they have a wide selection of flavored chips beside their famous apple chips. I selected a meat-flavored one and climbed to the rooftop with it. I know, stupid little kid why not bring bacon LOL but the black dog was my secret, and that's the only opportunity I got to get a hold of something I can actually feed to a dog. That afternoon I climbed to my usual place and waited. Usually the black dog never "appears" if I waited, but that afternoon he did. I swear there was nothing on the neighbor's rooftop when I last looked, but a heart beat later he was there. Won't lie, I audibly gasped. His tangerine eyes were staring dead into my eyes. But there's just something about his expression that made me believe he's just a poor dog. So I reached out my hand, offering him the meat-flavored chips. I was too afraid to come closer, but I don't want to turn around either. The dog looked down on my pack of chips. Then, he jumped. 

He literally jumped three floors down to the ground. I heard the sound of woods and metal so assumed he landed somewhere but then I looked down and I saw nothing but an empty road. The dog was nowhere to be seen, and he never appeared again.