To All those that post in the JOKE section

Sarah

We are finding more "adult" jokes being posted containing strong sexual references, nudity / high degree of swearing.

These are removed by the staff however should these continue to be posted the repeat offenders will have their posts moderated in that section so people are not offended.

Please realize we are a FAMILY forum, I have kids that come on here and i would not want them reading some of the things that are posted.

That is all :)

I agree with Louise, read and agreed!

My biggest problem isn't posting things of sexual nature, it's my mouth...I rode on a semi with Nick for over a year, we developed a pretty nasty vocabulary in that time frame :(

I'll try to watch my word usage more, or if nothing else, edit the $h!t I post ;)

swearing in moderation is ok on here although every other word does get a bit much - i've not seen you over use any profanities yet :)

Do we really want an over 18 section??? or do you just mean for jokes?

i think its sad that we cant seem to talk much these days without f's and b's

this is not directed at anyone at all and i am guilty too of using the odd ****,

Please do realise this is a family forum, members of pretty much all ages are allowed on here. Sure, swearing sometimes happens, but it are those jokes that are very adult in nature that are the problem here. If you really want to post and/or read jokes like that I suggest doing it elsewhere, Facebook, or where ever you have an account on. This forum is not the right place for that! :)

Please do realise this is a family forum, members of pretty much all ages are allowed on here. Sure, swearing sometimes happens, but it are those jokes that are very adult in nature that are the problem here. If you really want to post and/or read jokes like that I suggest doing it elsewhere, Facebook, or where ever you have an account on. This forum is not the right place for that! :)

Jos, I agree with you 110% on that. I spent 10 years in the US Military, 15 years driving truck and I guarantee you that if someone irritates me enough I can get the air to turn a brilliant shade of blue. I see a lot of imaginative workarounds to some of the common profanity and use some myself occasionally - any 10 year old knows what they stand for so what's the sense of using / allowing them if this is in fact a family forum.

Personally I'm not offended when someone comes across with "Now, that's a load of BS!" or similar when not carried to an extreme. I don't think anyone here uses a truly excessive amount of profanity but since we do have member who are minors - though I didn't realize we have younger children reading - what about putting one of the censoring functions in place. I know they sometimes do some weird replacements but if the intent is to keep this truly a family forum, better a foolish replacement than outright offending someone.

Now my idiot question, my first for the day, I sometimes will use "bloody" in place of some other words - I've been told (not on this forum) that you in the UK find that offensive. I use it here in the US since it's uncommon and no one has any problem with it, is it considered to be in really bad taste there in the UK?

fin //al

Is this directed at me?

i do realise its a family forum and thats why i said what i said.........as in i DONT think its a good idea! :confused:

Tan, it's not directed at anyone ........ it is a general statement ........... I'm sure if Jos were to direct a point to you, he would PM you.

Now my idiot question, my first for the day, I sometimes will use "bloody" in place of some other words - I've been told (not on this forum) that you in the UK find that offensive. I use it here in the US since it's uncommon and no one has any problem with it, is it considered to be in really bad taste there in the UK?

fin //al

Bloody is one of the lesser swear words we have in the UK. When I was a lass (MANY moons ago) it was a bad word, but it seems quite commonplace now, enough of a profanity to get your point across but not enough of one to offend!

@Sarah @Marc could we have an 'adult' section that is invisible to non members and under 18's?

This has come up before and simple answer is no. Think about these questions

• How do I know who is 18 and who is not?

• At what point do we draw the line?

• Do you want to alienate every 16/17 year old on the forum?

• Do you want people to enter credit card details etc to prove they are of age? We are a large forum, we would have no choice but to do this.

• Why 18? Most adult content would be 21+ in other countries, therefore thats the age we would have to set and therefore further alienate people.

• Content on the forum would certainly go down, as people will post no less and no more, however some of them posts would not be able to be replied to as much and therefore killing forum activity.

• And finally, do you want to run the risk that adult content is seen by someone unknown to us as being under the age of 18 and have the site shut down for good? Yes this could happen, quite easily.

fin //al

if its good enough for ron weasley on harry potter then its good enough for me! bloody hell harry!