London Riots

Sarah

No, he's not PSU trained, so in theory he shouldn't be going. However he will most likely be called in on his rest days this week if it carries on.

:( Glad he's not had the training for it!

They should have water cannons there to disperse them

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can remember the riots in Blackbird Leys Oxford, this was due to the police trying to stop displaying stolen cars, the fact that some reporters were paying people to display and riot for there cameras was not reported, however they did and in the blackbird pub

Richard I was going to make a comment on the same lines but thought of our special relations with the USA :doglaugh:

At this point, we all are having these issues. The riots on this side of the pond are as stupid and senseless as those on your side--violence carried out just to do violence. It's disgusting, inexcusable and I cannot fathom why either of our societies put up with it.

But when they're tougher the public complains...it's a no win situation.

its times like this that they shouldnt care what the public say, it needs to stop and there are ways to go about it, like others have said water cannons, rubber bullets ect.

At this point, we all are having these issues. The riots on this side of the pond are as stupid and senseless as those on your side--violence carried out just to do violence. It's disgusting, inexcusable and I cannot fathom why either of our societies put up with it.

the problem is these riots like most start out as peacefull demo's but you have in all society mindless thugs who dont care what the demo is about so long as they can cause trouble.. .

Unfortunately the Broadwater Farm Estate is a very hostile built environment and very poorly planned. There is a long history of violence on this estate. Remember this is where PC Keith Blakelock was macheted to death in 1985. What is needed is for the whole area to be rebuilt as was the case of the Elephant & Castle rebuild (£1.5bn) Many of the people who live on the BFE want to move out but can't due to the lack of social housing and gang culture is endemic. Also like the estates around E&C there is a stigma attached to living on these estates and there are generations of families who have never worked and many who want to work but can't get work. White van man culture rules to a great extent in these communities. I wonder how many people are coming into the area to inflame the situation. Like E&C which is very very poor it is cheek by jowl with very affluent areas e.g. Southbank and Dulwich BFE also has more affluent areas within easy commuting of Tottenham. Please don't get me wrong I don't condone what is happening and feel for all those who are trying to manage the situation.

I just don't understand how someone can set a building on fire. How do they know if people are in them? So scary :(

and the fire fighters can't go to it right away because they get pelted with missiles - they have to wait until the police move them on

Since our media isn't carrying a lot of these stories, here are some local news links for my friends in GB regarding flash mobs.

Philadephia http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/08/01/nutters-office-condemns-violent-flash-mob-promises-response/

Milwaukee http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/126825018.html?page=1#respond

Chicago http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304778304576375661383528354.html

That's just a sampling, there are many more.

its times like this that they shouldnt care what the public say, it needs to stop and there are ways to go about it, like others have said water cannons, rubber bullets ect.

but then it would be against their human rights.. and they would not need to loot co's they would claim compensation for some pathetic injury sustained from the petrol bomb they are holding co's they dropped it and it burnt themselves as the rubber bullet hit them. or they stubbed their big toe on the poor innocent person they attacked....

200 people arrested so far...and i bet not even 1 % can answer what started it all...

but then it would be against their human rights.. and they would not need to loot co's they would claim compensation for some pathetic injury sustained from the petrol bomb they are holding co's they dropped it and it burnt themselves as the rubber bullet hit them. or they stubbed their big toe on the poor innocent person they attacked....

200 people arrested so far...and i bet not even 1 % can answer what started it all...

yeh this country is completely messed up.....