EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!

Marc

Hi All,

Have just been reading through the shoutbox and have to admit it has left me a little downbeat about the forum as a whole.

I have in no uncertain terms absolutly worked my arse off to get this place to the state that it is now, and as it stands at the moment all I am hearing is that people cant do this, people cant do that, people are missing this, people are getting this and that messages. I specifically set up a new section for this reason, and posted up an announcement to say that the section is there. If you do not post in that section and dont know what is going on, then you have nobody to blame but yourself if you either a) Dont get them fixed, or B) Dont know why they are not there.

Look at this from my point of view. I have just moved the largest forum of its kind to a completely new piece of software. Something that involves mass conversion of data and took me near 7 hours just to ensure the data was there and correct, let alone the features being reintroduced. I did have 1 of 2 choices. I could have brought the forum down for 7 hours and re-add things as I go along once its back online which is what I chose to do for members sake. Or I could have taken the forum down completely for around 72 hours, taken 3 days off and made sure every item was picture perfect for everyone.

They will all return, however this is not something I can physically do over night, I work full time during the day so nothin will be changing then either and as I am adding them, yes things may occasionally error. You think its annoying you, imagine how I feel! Now to answer a few points.

• You NEED the latest replies back - I appreciate that, however it had to temporarily be taken offline for rewritting as it was killing the server.

• I kept getting loads of errors last night - This was caused by the above item that people are moaning I have removed

• I'm missing features - They will return, give me time

• I can find out how to xyz - Watch the videos that are in the FAQ. I spent the time to do these to help you, however have not bothered doing any more as people keep asking the same questions as Ive answered in them. If people start using them I will create more.

Things you can do to help yourself:

• Update your browser - If you are on an old version of your browser, then update it. This is brand new software built on brand new technology. These browsers are released for a reason.

• Delete your temp internet files & cookies etc - If you still have cache from the old forum, this may be causing you issues.

• Post in the correct area - If you want something fixing, make sure its somewhere I will see it, and the only place I will see at the moment is the area I created for this purpose.

Sorry if this sounds harsh guys, but you have to understand my frustration. I can fix many things within the forum, but when things are spread all over the place with people simply moaning to each other, its not only disheartening. Its damned impossible for me to fix them as I dont see the issues.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have done an amazing job, and i was one who did shout in the shout box earlier, but i was not moaning i was just mentioning it like in general passing :( you are correct to tell us off, we have been a naughty pack :( sawwwwwy :( .............thank you for all of your hard work, i for one could not do it you are dedicated and it is appreciated :) x

Please note its not just the moaning (which is what I saw it as) that I am annoyed at. Its also the fact that these issues are not being posted in the correct areas for me to addresss, but instead being discussed all over the forum and in the shoutbox. I simply wont see them this way and its extremely difficult for me to keep track of what needs doing.

Please note its not just the moaning (which is what I saw it as) that I am annoyed at. Its also the fact that these issues are not being posted in the correct areas for me to addresss, but instead being discussed all over the forum and in the shoutbox. I simply wont see them this way and its extremely difficult for me to keep track of what needs doing.

:sorry: Sorry Marc. I think you deserve a HUGE slice of cake and a cup of tea after all of this. I think the majority of us were talking about it in the shoutbox because it was a quicker way to see if we weren't the only one experiencing the problem, but ultimately yeah it should have been made a post to make you aware of it.

Stacey xxx

I think my job as Admin is difficult on the two Forums that I run. I'm the caretaker of one as the owner has gone AWOL and the other that I own for my Metal Detecting Club. I think Marc deserves a big round of applause for taking on such a mammoth task as it makes my two look a walk in the park to run.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:........Ron

Marc,

I think you are being much too hard on yourself. You can never please everyone, and it seems as though you took this on because you thought you needed it to be done. I don't mind much people moaning when I have created something and they are unhappy. It's not like you are getting paid to do this...it's a place for Husky lovers to congregate and chat. If you don't think it's good enough (as is evident) then you change it. It may take longer than others like, so big deal. Don't take it personal. I hate to see you get so down on yourself with the result ending up no Husky forum. People will adjust or leave, and new ones will come. It's just human nature. Those of us that don't understand software, etc., will either complain or wait quietly. Do what you need to do and stop justifying it. No one else is doing it, are they? Some wise words a wise woman once told me: "This too shall pass!":wave1::rollingpin::groan::shithappens: Love the smilies by the way!!!