I would like to get to know your husky

Smokey

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

all of the above lol

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?

sit, shake, lay down (when she wants to)

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?

chest

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)

YES

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

nope, if i'm lucky enough she'll come back but then she doesn't want me to get it. she does like to catch though

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues?

none

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

pulling on the leash bugs me the most

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise?

run and play. she's kind of lazy though lol

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc?

not really, she moves around a lot, any toy i have she wants, she loves everyone

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done?

killed our couch :-/

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

def not

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

she gets right in my face and kisses me, or if she's wanting attention she comes and lays on top of me and won't move until she's ready

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Acts deaf and sometimes gives me this really bratty look.

Sit, lay down, come (still working on it), shake, speak, drop it, fetch, down

Belly, and neck when i take his collar off.

When we start out yes. When he sees water or another dog or critter too.

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

Yes

He had round worms. Thats all thats known.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

He moves and gives me a bratty look when i brush him sometimes.

Walking and playing at the dog park.

His crate, all of his toys, and probably me and my mom.

Escaped the back yard.

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

Only place he has been off leash was our old back yard and a fenced in dog park.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

He wakes me up in the morning by laying across me and looking at me and wagging his tail when i open my eyes. Sometimes he will cuddle. And he wags his tail and gives me hugs when ive been away from him for a while. Even if its just in another room. And sometimes he just gives me this look that says "i looove you. Thank you". :)

Tia talks back - sometimes it seems like clearly saying NO

Paw, give 5/10, sit, wait, speak, come

Just infromt of her tail - think she struggles reaching that herself

No. Not at all if halti on, sometime one collar

When she wants to but does get bored quickly

No

Bringing all her toys into the lounge one after the other. She picks them up out of her box, brings them in, chews them for 5 mins then goes get another. Honestly it's like having kids lol

Running

Our bed with her toy cow that moo's

She un zipped (yes unzipped with no damage at all) a cool bag. Took out the bags of sandwiches and ate them all (the sandwich bags wee not damaged either!)

Yes - if there is no escape route

Licking - any bit of flesh she can get to, and putting her head on my lap

Talks back

"Sit", "In your bed", "down", "say please" "do five"

Belly

Not always

Yes, until he gets bored

Temperamental guts

Follows me to the loo!

Running and playing

Not that I have noticed

Chewed the legs off 2 coffee tables and eaten my stair carpet! Oh, and he ran off with my APH in his mouth once!

Not sure, he has slipped his leash twice, but we had to play a game to get him to come back.

Gives me kisses, puts his head on my lap, smacks me in the face with toys, brings me toys to play with.

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? She just gives me a rather flat looking expression, and literally turns her back and tail.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand? " She knows Paw, Sit, Down, Woah, Straight On, Dinner, Walkies

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched? Belly for sure.

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? Yes, furiously for 5 or so minutes then calms down.

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it? Yes, she loves it, especially if there are things to leap and jump in the way.

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues? Yes, she likes everything that bad her.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you? Nothing; but she annoys my partner by sleeping on my side of the bed, rather than hers. Lol…

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise? She loves the walks she gets. As well as free reign of the house/garden (back door is always open for her)

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc? Yes she has under the dinner table as “her place†and her toy is Christmas teddy. Her favorite person is me.

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done? Shagged a teddy in front of house guests. Rather embarrassing, and I think she thought she was showing off! (look what I can do)

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? Yes. I take her for a walk daily in to public tennis court; close the gates and then let her off. We play fetch.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? She doesn’t show it. She just does.

• 2 weeks later...

She tends to get vocal, and then will ignore you until you tell her to pay attention, then she listens so she wont get in trouble.

Sit, Stay, Laydown, Right Paw, Left Paw, high five (jumps up and gives you paw up high), Pound-it (kind of like right paw but with her paw angled down), roll over, Ashamed of yourself (paws over eyes), and ring the bell (rings a service bell for treats or to go out).

Belly Rubs are her fav.

She only pulls on harness, when shes got her collar leash on she doesnt pull hardly at all.

She plays, "You threw it, its mine now.... KILL".

Shes as healthy as can be.

She jumps up and sometimes scratches our faces in the morning, she also constantly jumps up to see what we are doing on the counter which she hasnt been broken of yet.

We either go run in the back yard or go for a run in the park down the road.

Her sister seems to be her favorite toy so far... lol Kidding, she loves a stuffed dolphin that I had as a child and gave to the pup when she first came home.

She scratches and howls if her sister throws up to let us know shes not feeling good and Tali is scared for her.

I dont think she would have any issues running away, she is a spoiled little ham.

She comes up to me with her ears pinned back and tail wagging and pushes against me, then she punches me with her nose like shes kissing me.

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.rachn at top speed only to stop just out of reach then take off again!

Sit, give me a kiss, go apologise please (she actually goes over tail down head down and licks the hand of the person shes to apologise to), piper (her best friend) horkans (local petstore)

her breastbone and just above her tail

at the start for a minute then she chills out

yes but only if shes in the mood to play and it has to be squeek the bear!

does being as lazy as sin count??? other than the odd anal gland problem shes in good health

nope shes a well behaved madam!

torpedoing through my mothers vegetable plot with our red setter attached to her tail

my foot is apparently the best pillow ever. and i get evils and a snort from her when i move it (not my fault i cant feel my leg!!)

naughtiest: ate the tv remote (twice) ate my housemates chicken she had left on the counter for later, did a massive poo behind the tv stand and i didnt find it for 3 months!!

my uncle has a 10 acre field beside my house where i can let her off with the other dogs and she always comes back. i have let her off in her local forest and after a good run she comes straight back then its loads of fuss and plenty of talk out of her!

when im driving she sits between the driver and passenger seat (with her car harness on!) and rests her head on my shoulder. plus when i ask her does she love me she pretends to look away then gives me a bis slobbery kiss on the face!

Stone deaf.

Sit; wait; paw; easy; over

Between his front legs

No on bike; No on a walk unless he sees a bunnies, squirrel, cat, fox

When he feels like it but only in the garden never on a walk

Highly sensitive stomach.

Eats/digs up any plant in the garden. Tunnelling to Australia in the lawn.

Off lead dog park running/wrestling with other dogs.

Me and lying on the rug.

Eaten my son's dinner when he went to answer the door. Forget gone in 60 seconds, it was faster!

Only in a secure enclosure otherwise no way he has the attention span of a knat and a brain to match.

Greets me with licks and wagging tail when I come in. When I get up from my chair he follows me. He is not particularly interested in people.

Tikaani will either talk over me, or go lay and sulk, depending on her mood

Sit, Down, Stay, Wait, Paw/Other one, Speak, Go Toilet, Turn/This way (this makes her walk around me either left/right and sit in front), Peek-a-Boo (she walks behind and pokes her head between my legs), Watch me, Leave, Give

Tummy

Yes!

Only 3 - 4 times, then she'll look at me as if to say 'I keep bringing it back, you keep throwing it away.....Go get it yourself!'

None

Yes! Talking over me lol

Pinching one of the kids' toys and making them chase her around the garden to get it back

Velcro'd to my leg constantly

Eating cat poo......Why??? Yuk!

No, I haven't tried, and unless it's in a secure enclosure, I won't be trying!

Being velcro-dog pretty much sums it up!

. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Freya: ears flat till she figures out if i'm angry or playing

Kyra: nothing. Just stares. If she's done something really bad she will go sit in her shed before I find out!

Sit, stay, gee, haw, hyke, steady, cross, go to bed, paw, lie down, woah, find your ball, come, go on.

Belly. for both of them

Freya: for first 10 mins or so then walks pretty well

Kyra: will pull from start to finish, unless she's hot.

Freya: yes, she loves chasing her ball, so usually brings it back for me to throw again.

Kyra: No. Likes to chase then chew! Any more than once is a pointless exercise to her!

none

Freya: jumps when excited, aggressive playing in the house, usually around my feet.

Kyra: sits in the garden in the rain staring at me when I call her in.

Freya: running round the garden, play fighting with Kyra

Kyra: pulling us on bikes, and walking for miles

Freya: ME!! will sit on my feet when I'm making dinner. Loves cuddles from anyone though!

Kyra: She'll come for cwtches when she wants them, but she kinda likes her own space. When she wants peace she'll go to her shed.

Freya: single handedly destroyed the garden. Dug up the lawn, ate a whole bush, chewed through all the decking rope.

Kyra: I've never caught her doing anything REALLY bad. Maybe she destroyed the garden and made it look like Freya did it!! I think Kyra's the smartest so potentially the most devious!

Freya: probably yes. In the tennis courts she will always come back when called. But I wouldn't risk it.

Kyra: no way! She's got the attention span of a gnat!! She'd see something in the distance and we'd never see her again.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you?

Freya: Woo's when I let her out of run, loves a cuddle, sits leaning against my leg

Kyra: Just looks at me with THOSE eyes. :)

mishka...miya....yarlah All 3 of them

talks back, ignores you and runs off, lies on the floor sulks and doesnt look at you, runs off really quick hides under the garden table and talks back at you.

sit, stay, lie down,paw, head down(lies head on floor and looks up at you), leave, stay, wait, go to bed, talk, gives a kiss. sit, lie down, stay, wait, crawl, go to bed,gives a kiss, sit paw go to bed and gives a kiss shes really ignorant

on her chest and on her head inbetween the ears, belly, chest and belly

yes untill were on way home, depends whos walking her, yes all the way

some times but most of the time she runs off so you chase after her, no, no

none of them do and hopefully it stays like that

all 3 of them playfighting very loud at 5AM

chasing each other around the garden

under the table by the wall, under the mirror in the kitchen, under the table

stealing the steak of my dads dinner plate, stealing 2*£20 notes and chewing/eating them to peices, shared the £20's with miya

yes as long as no distactions and they are all together

they all come and jump up and talk to you when you come in.

Great thread!

Mostly he just runs away and grab something, very bad thing to do :) Other thing is he starts to play and pretend that he didn't hear me, to make me obey him hahah But there are many other things, this two mostly.

'Give me five', that is how it would sound in english, 'give paw', after that 'give other paw', 'sit', 'lay down' ( needs more training here or he doesnt like to lay down often :D ), 'wait', 'go', ( hmm, how to say this, o yes ), 'where is the ball' ( this fascinate me, he finds tennis ball, and if it is under bed or table where he can't get it he cry near that spot so i can get it to him :) ), 'where is toy' ( little funny sound rubber toy, he finds it and starts playing some weird sounds on it :D and brings it to me so i can trow it away and then he convict me to play ), 'who has come to you' or 'ko ti je došao :D' ( he is already at front door, i don't finish the sentence at all, and he starts to dance of course, expecting company )... there are more but i don't wonna write as this things maybe aren't commands but i know he is very smart.

He makes him in crazy position and move his leg up when i scratch his belly, till 4 months his leg would dance but i think he has got fat now and it's very difficult to point 'dancing spot' now hehe Head would be at sec place, sometimes he fall a sleep when scratching him longer hehe

This is very very difficult thing, but with time i hope he will learn to walk by my legs, already showing signs of improvement but not too much. When we are returning home from morning walk, if i finish it earlier, then he walks slower and obey, just to stay out longer i think :D

Yes, this game can last long, but i try finish it before him, so he don't get bored with it and, of course, i will be the one who stop it, and i let him start it also, that is not a problem i think.

I think this summer, which is too hot this year, affect him much, i am making it easier for him, sometimes we go to lake sometimes only to bathroom, also he has nice ambient in garden, and he do throw up ( this is how it is said? ) when eat too much grass i think, hope that it isnt big problem. Maybe someone can tell me if it will be a problem for his sight because one of his eye is a little brownish or red and mostly blue? Thanks

He likes to bite and he do that while i am talking on the phone ( of course gently and i know he just wonna play, but sometimes it's bad thing to do, damn ) and it is hard to make him stop, must outsmart him as i don't wonna be aggressive to him.

To run and run and run.

He enjoys plastic bottles that i let him play with in house only, and he loves my mother he is so jealous sometimes :D and he cry when she go out.

He did bite me once, not much just a warning i think, but it was his bone. Crazy dog :D Almost solved that issues, i think he would bite someone else who is after his bone and it wouldn't be a warning.

I am afraid to do this, only few time so far in garden where he can easily run away, but i had his favorite juicy food so he comes back :D

I test his loyalty, make some of my friends or my brother try to kick me and he get angry and jumps on them :D after that he lick my hands and i just see he is so good friend.

Long post, sorry but i think i could write a book for this 8 months time that we spent together :) This was very shorted version, and i must say that your questions really can show us most of one's husky character, great work!

Just a few questions to understand what type of personality your husky has. I am always enamored by the different personalities that huskies can have and would like to compare your husky's personality with Smokey's. Unfortunately I can't meet all of them so show me yours!

darwin and daughtry talk and run away.... daughtry will sometimes hide

sit, down, both paws,speak,hug

daughtry's is her belly and it gets her back leg twitching

darwins is his cheeks

they pull for the first 5 mins and if they see cats/squirells....darwin gets all kangarooey near trees

daughtry will but she has to be in the mood and darwin will if he is on his own

none

yeah darwin eats my wigs!!!!!

either bike or zommies

daughtry and darwin like a stuffed owl, they both seem to prefer my dad

stealing food off plates...talking to the wall above my head

yes in a secure area darwin is good, if we have echo (gsd) daughtry can be trusted off lead as she wont leave echo's side

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing) licking me and nudging arms/legs to get stroked....daughtry will put her paws on your shoulders and rest her head on you and thats a cuddle

I have a lot more but I'm sure this list is already too long and I don't want people to be deterred by the midpoint if they get tired of answering questions. I will definitely post more later! :eek:)

- Tends to run away and put his head down in a corner slyly looking out the corner of his eye to see if I'm coming Lol

- When he's in the mood the majority I teach him... Sit, Stay, Lie Down, Paw, Come (to whistle), up (jump up for cuddle, kisses.... however as said only when he can be bothered haha

- Tummy and just under his front "arm-pit"... leg twitching commences!

- To begin with yet as he's so excited to be out, after a bit of running or a few minutes then not particularly - extended leash but loose

- Never let him off the leash to play it (just bought 60ft leash though so will soon) in the house he does yes.

- I'm certain he goes partially deaf at times... or most likely just choosing not to hear me :P

- Breaks wind then looks at me as if it was me (at the minute is 8 month old so going through stage of humping my leg... only me though nobody else haha)

- Going on runs, playing with Saffie (our pomeranian/ shih-tzu mix) or wrestling with me

- I'd say I was his comfort person and always insists on cuddles however I'd probably say place is on the floor with his head under the curtain lol

- We locked him and the pom in the garage one day as for once we were going to be away for a while and they totally destroyed the garage, ripped open 4 bags of compost and sand ripped apart 2 couches we had in there amongst other stuff... wasn't really their fault... we just left them too long!! Strangest is allowing his head to be humped by the female pomeranian Lol

- I've let him off the leash before when out with my dads alsatian, however, I don't know if I could trust him on his own yet... I don't think I would chance it!! Definitely in fenced off areas... BIG fences!

- Gives kisses all the time and usually comes and bodily lies on me or with me... If i lie on my back on the floor he stands on my chest with all 4 paws for about 10 seconds then lies on my chest with head on shoulder lol (or we dance with him on his hind legs)

Ive done one for Willow before but now its Dexters turn...hes only 6.5 months old so its going to change from this but im posting it anyway lol

talks back and runs away

sit, drop, paw, come, off, out, in, stay, walk

not too sure actually so im going to say back

hes learning to heel, does well 1 on 1 but pulls if he is walked with willow

not really

no

pooping inside if the doors closed and howling the house down if willow is going for a walk and not him

biting willow

he curls up pretty much anywhere but he likes the laundry

chewed off his collar 3 days in a row (yes we bought that many collars)

atm he probably would he comes everytime but havent let him offlead

he is noisy likes to talk and cuddle and sit on my lap <3

Run's away or just does not acknowledge me at all completly ignores me

Sit, drop, hi5, up, stay, wait, okay (go ahead eat food, go through door ect), kiss

She also knows the words car, walk, dinner time, kisses and a few others

Belly or under chin

If we use her halter she still pulls but no were near as much as if we didn't use her halter no halter and you're arm is nearly pulled out of it's socket!!!

Yes but only in our backyard anywere else she ignores the ball

No thank god <3

Jumping on the bed/Me when she is muddy....and being addicted to mud she always has to go in every single puddle muddness she can find

Offlead dog park

In the corner of the lounge I sit on one couch my OH on the other couch and Bella sleeps on the floor between us

Also a squeak ball shaped like a monkey and her kong she sleeps with one or the other or both and carries them around the house

Strangest; When we say something in convo or to bella and then she does it creeps us out

Naughtiest; Eatting 3 things of facepaint and staining our carpet red blue and purple (one side of her face was blue for nearly a month!!!!!!)

Worst; Jumped on a running hedge trimmer and tore the pad out of her foot was in bandages for 3 months

Yes if there is a fence she will not try to get out

Ears back, wooing, kisses, pawing, sleeps with a peice of us in her mouth lol she likes to mouth us when she is tired and then will fall asleep with a finger or wrist in her mouth =s strange puppy <3

250158_2094022356086_1411128240_32540348_8340348_n.jpg

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it?

Well Kodi will do one of two things, he'll either 'pretend' he can't hear me and wait until i move before he listens or he'll turn it into a game... I can't resist that!!

He can do sit, left paw, right paw, both paws, lay down, spin around, speak, kiss, high five and double high five.

On his belly... every time the bloody tart lol!

No, He'll pull for the first... 10 minutes or so and then he's o.k. unless we are walking with or near other dogs... All Kodi wants to do is play... All of the time!

He does, but his attention span to this particular game is about 3 throws. Then he runs in the firection you threw the ball... and straight past it lol!

At present, No, I hope it stays this way

When he wants to play he speaks, and tries to get your hands... our solution for this was to hide our hands... but this ment that Kodi learnt that by 'digging' at us we would get our hands out! this really really hurts, so when he wants to play he has learnt how to make us play. Unless we tell him otherwise of course.

Either going for a bike ride or playing with his best mate 'Buster the Staffy' they will play for hours and hours without getting board.

Not really, our house is open to him so he is on his bed, the spare room sofa, the front room sofa, our bed.... you get the point lol!

Strange - Every time we go out he tips his food out of his bowl onto the floor

Naughtiest - Stole a tuna and cheese sandwich

Worst - Nothing... He's a great dog

No - He is far to easily distracted and loves to ignore us

In so many ways its hard to desribe, he howls the house down if i pop out to the shops while Tracy is in lol.

He kind of runs away and/or turns a deaf ear...

Apart from the usual, sit, lie down, stay, wait & off... he will give you his paw on command, spin, seek out treats from under cones. If you hold a treat in one hand he knows that he has to touch the other hand with his nose before you release the treat & various other tricks involving treats.

On his head in between his ear and around his face in general.

He always pulls me to the local park but doesn't pull on the way back...

Otherwise he only pulls around 50% of the time depenind how excited he is!!

He'll chase after a tennis ball everytime but never brings it back!

He had the runs when he was younger, and if you feen him to much crap he gets the runs!!

Not really but he begs from my wife & that drives her mad!

He loves to play chase with every dog in the park!

He loves sleeping on a mat inside the door & also on our beanbag...

He generally stay in or at the door of whatever room you are in.

He generally chews through garden hoses attachemnts or plus to the lawn mower.

Also he used to be not so good on recall.... (we have all expwerinced that!! now that he is 2, he is a lot better)

Yes, I let him off leash all the time and 19 out of 20 times he recalls no probs.

Just rubs up against me with is face ot curls up in a ball beside me...

He is a great dog...

I did storms ages ago but will do it again with both now. Storm and Angel

Storm tends to do the shy I didnt do it look and pretend he didnt do anything.

Angel Im proud to say doesnt disobey me much, if she stands up the wall in the garden and I shout her name she comes right to me.

Storm can do sit, paw, high 5, roll over, spin, down, touch, leave it.

Angel can do sit, paw, down and has just learnt leave it.

Behind his ears.

On her belly.

Occasionally, sometimes I have to revert back to the canny collar to remind him not to pull.

Not too badly, a bit.

Yes all the time. He loves to play fetch.

Sort of but she is protective of her ball and doesnt always give it back.

None.

None that I know of.

both of them drive me nuts when out walking, they twist me up and I end up looking like a maypole.

Playing with Angel.

Playing with Storm.

His crate, he goes in there when he wants to be alone and sleeps in there.

Me, she follows me everywhere. Has to be in the same room as me.

Pooped a button lol. And killed numerous blankets and beds.

Killed blankets.

NO and I would never risk it as its too risky and I love them too much.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing

He jumps up and puts his paws either side of my head and kisses me all over my face.

She follows me everywhere and rolls over for her belly rub.

Looks at the malamute and says she did it.

She knows all her basics but is a bit selectively deaf when it comes right down to it.

On her neck and ears .

LOL my arms are a few inches longer now so yep she does.

Usually unless her step sister takes it away.

Not a one!

Still trys to fit under my bed when she knows she has out grown it.

Chasing the cats that run free here after she zips out the door when I am not looking.

I seems to be both girls person but the husky is miss lover licky licky licky I think I am the cleanest dog cleaned person I know.

When we were housebreaking she would not poop outside (since fixed whew) and her tongue always on who ever is closest.

Hmmmm NO and right now is way to hot to go for a run oh yeah and I am way to old and out of shape to run.

Miss Mya is lick lick lick and climbs into your lap trying to tunnel under you when she does I keep telling her I am not snow.

As for the Mally she saves my life from time to time letting me know my blood sugar is low in the middle of the night.

Talks back!!!

sit,down,stand,stay (until she gets board lol), wait, paw, high five, take a bow, say your prayers, play dead, roll over, send aways, leave it, leg weaving, when you sneeze she gives you a hankie,come (she knows but chooses not to listen most of the time!!!) think thats about it lol

her head between the ears or belly (she is a bit of a tart)

ALWAYS!!!!!:dog3:

yes but only when you play inside. Outside she might do it once or twice

yes she has hip dysplaysia in both hips

trying to play with the cat!!!!!

running next to my bike

comfort place - her crate, toy a meerkat, person me :heartbeat:

surprise surprise run away while on a walk

ummm yes if completely enclosed and area not too big but mostly no which is why i take her on bike rides

rests her head on my lap or tries to jump up on the sofa to curl up which she knows she is not meant to do. when i come home from work or wherever she jumps all over me follows me around and wont leave my side for about 20 mins

He definately turns deaf and talks back.

Sit, stay, down, wait, paw,ball,piggie(gets his squeeky pig), search,come,bring

on the side of his neck and behind ears

when alone with me....no, together with another dog.....yes

yes....very much so

No

When he ignores me with a grin, and when he throws a fit about being brushed

running around in the fields, catching mice(he doesn't eat them though)

place: his pillow/bed, person: me

running off and getting skunked........:yikes:

usually Yes

putting his head in my lap,cuddles up to me, first one at door when i get home, stand in front of tv just woooing away...there are too many ways, that he shows me he loves me

Just a few questions to understand what type of personality your husky has. I am always enamored by the different personalities that huskies can have and would like to compare your husky's personality with Smokey's. Unfortunately I can't meet all of them so show me yours!

Een, is my Husky 7 1/2 months old.

When there is food, he obeys.

When playing, he talks back.

When a bit serious, he runs away.

When it gets really serious, he lies down, ears pulled back.

Sit, shake (greeting with his paw), off (when he needs to get off), that's it.

Front of his neck.

Normal leash yes, but special leash, which pulls his head down, no.

Yes, until he gets bored.

Nope, none.

No, but he annoys his sister, with his endless energy.

Run and play hide and seek.

Sticks his nose under my arm, toy is a teddy bear.

Chewed big holes in two brand new couches.

Use to have him off leash for a walk in the forest, but we moved and I have not done that for a few months. He really enjoyed that and always came back.

Goes crazy when he sees me in the morning and when I come back from work. Also loves cuddling with me while I sit on the couch.

Een has a beautiful personality, very playfull, lives life every moment to the fullest, yet is very sensitive.

I have a lot more but I'm sure this list is already too long and I don't want people to be deterred by the midpoint if they get tired of answering questions. I will definitely post more later! :eek:)

008.jpg

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it?

She gives you the side-glace, and swivels her ear to make sure she heard the command correctly, but is shrugging it off. SOMETIMES she roo-roos, but very rarely.

Spin, Reverse-Spin, Sit, Stay (for a few good feet), Line-Up, Leave-it, Down, and Roll-over.

In her ears. Haha.

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead?

Nope. She is pretty good about it. If there is something that is NEEDED to be smelled, she falls to the floor to sniff it..otherwise, eh.

Hardly. LOL That's lab-stuff, apparently, to her.

No.

Runs. And never comes back. LOL

"Zoomies" in the apartment lolol

My boyfriend is her father. He has known her all her life. I have only known her for three years. She also loves under the computer chair. Good lord.

Knocked over my guinea pig's set up, and ripped some fur off his butt. :I

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash?

Nope.

She rolls on her side, jumps up in bed to lay next to me, and lick my hand. xD