I would like to get to know your husky

Smokey

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Naya will just blank me like I've not said anything, or look at me for a second, then carry on doing what she's doing.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?

Naya knows- Stay, sit, lay down, come here, no, out, kisses, good walking.

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?

Behind ears

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)

She doesn't pull unless there are other dogs about or she's hungry and "tracking" for food

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

Yes, but only indoors... The weirdo

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues?

No she's fine right now.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

Challenging the cat for a fight then running, digging for groundhogs in the garden.

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise?

Running and playing with our neighbours husky.

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc?

On the sofa in the back room or just wherever someone else is.

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done?

Ran out front door once, stole a chicken carcass out the bin, stole and ate half a tin of roses choccies. Left the rubbish ones.

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

We have a park near us with 7ft high fences, she's safe there, wouldn't have her off anywhere else.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

Her ears go back, tail wags and tries to lick you

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.
Oh gee, when Odie gets her jaws on something that she shouldn't have (like the toilet paper roll she's snatched from the bathroom) she'd run and avoid me since she knows I'm going to take it off her.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?
At the moment she knows Sit, (lie)Down, and just today I got her to learn paw :) not much but still working on it!

She loves belly rubs

Actually I've recently introduced her to her leash but she doesn't seem to be liking it very much :( I've been putting her on her leash for a couple of minutes a day and she walks fine as long as I have kibble in my hand. Otherwise, it's "Nuh uh, lady, I'm not going anywhere."

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?
Nope. It's throw, chase, grab, and escape.

None at the moment, and pray the lord none at all!

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?
Aside from mouthing and going after your pant legs, probably sticking her nose into the cupboards and refrigerator. I've been trying to get her to sit elsewhere whenever we're cooking but...yeah still working on it T_T

Chase. Odie still hasn't finished up her round of vaccinations yet so we're not able to take her out to the park or go out for walks yet, but I usually let her chase me in the backyard. It's a good way to get physical for both me and my baby :)

Odie literally sleeps anywhere and everywhere in the house...(is this something bad?) We were thinking of letting her stay indoors until she is old enough to move to the backyard (of course we'll let her in for some loving quality time, but keeping in mind how big she is going to get we're renovating our backyard to suit her needs over the next couple of months) But she prefers to sleep under my legs whenever I'm lounging on the couch (or near anyone's legs, really). She has no favourite toy as she gets bored of them easily and I'm always going to have to buy more mental stimulation toys for her. As for person, she spends a lot of the time with me, but I think she is chummy with all of the family members 

Uprooted my mum's pot plants. It was quite hilarious how cheeky she looked with the flower next to her with her eyes going "I didn't do it. Honest!"

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)
Not yet put to the test, but I'm going to guess quite unlikely. Her recall is 50-50, and even then that is when she isn't distracted.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

Ooh, I'm not too sure on this one. Sometimes I THINK it is affection, but I'm not sure whether or not it is a dominance-alpha-thing going on. But otherwise, she likes to rest her head on your feet when she sleeps under you, and she licks your hands (quite surprising since she's still always nipping all the time.) And also whenever I come back from somewhere she rushes towards you like an arrow and greets you with a lick.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankie runs away and wont look at me or turns a deaf ear like I dont exist!

Sit, Paw, Other paw, Lay down, Roll over, Down (off the sofa) Out (Kitchin, Outside) Wee wee, Wait, Stay, Leave, Steady (Recently learnt with the icy weather, needed him to slow down on walks so I didnt fall over!)

Belly and neck

For the first 5 minutes or on the way to the nature reserve.

Only really indoors! Outside he runs after it then takes it off somewhere else.

Nope

Erm... He used to chew shoes but now we keep them in a safe place, same with the rubbish. He licks ALOT and that sometimes gets too much.

Running in the reserve, playing football with my son.

By the back door, he goes and sits there when he wants some peace from my son, otherwise he'll just follow me around :)

Eating my shoes and my underwear :S

Only in the reserve, nothing around for miles, Always on the lead everywhere else. He is very good off lead but I dont want to risk it.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you?

Nuzzles me and rests his head on my lap :)

She looks me in the eye and talks back, such a rebel aha

Sit, down, bow, high five, paw, other paw, tug, leave it, drop it, taking socks off, and "front" when out walking which is basically walk on

Behind the ears, chest and belly

Not always, when we first go out she does or when she wants to play, but as soon as the long leash goes on she's an angel :)

At home but not in the park aha

No, touch wood :)

After he dinner, she'll come and "burp" in my face, nasty! lol

Playing with other dogs and going for a run together :)

Me! She'll always come snuggle up the me

Done a wee on the bus LOL (Well wasn't laughing at the time aha)

Only in a Very secure area with high fences with no holes.

My mum calls her "Margot's shadow", wherever I go she goes (Even when I shower she lays by the bath), she'll give me kisses, snuggle up to me, she also thinks she's a lap dog, always looking for my attention, and even if I leave her for about 15minutes with my mum she welcomes me like I've been away for hours.

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does s/he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Zoey talks back sometimes. She has really bad selective hearing when it comes to following the rules. Haha.

She knows how to sit and lie down on command. She sometimes comes when called if she is off lead in an enclosed area.

Underneath her ears. :) I try to scratch where her thigh meets her belly to see if she will move her leg as if she was trying to scratch herself, but she hates it. Haha.

ALWAYS! She always wants to be on the move when we go for walks.

Most the time. She'll bring it back and acts like she's going to drop the ball or toy but then zooms off.

We're still in the process of saving money to get more tests done to see if she has EU (Ectopic Ureter).

Haha. She knows she's not allowed on the couch or the bed and when she does get on them and is told to get off she turns it into a game and jumps off and back on over and over and over again. It's SO annoying but also really hilarious so I can't stay mad at her.

She loves to play with my mom's dog, Rocky. But if he's not around then just a walk or run.

She loves to sleep on our balcony and in the kitchen. Anywhere that has a cold surface.

And she LOVES my boyfriend. I think she favors him more. She doesn't listen to him though when he tries to correct her. >_<

In all of her 4 months of age the naughtiest and worst thing is jumping on the bed and peeing everywhere. Hasn't done anything strange yet, but when she does I will post it. Haha.

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash?
(Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on
this)

I trusted her at her age because she was always next to my boyfriend and I, but she has lost her off leash privileges due to running around the neighborhood the other night. 

12. How does your husky show you that s/he loves you? (This one is
important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection
without me knowing)

Daw. :3 Where ever I am she's right there (I hope this is her showing me she loves me haha). If I go to take a nap she lays right next to the bed and sleeps as well. If I'm not feeling well she sleeps on my feet and gives me kisses at random times. :')

• 1 month later...

Meeka and larka normaly run around like its a game..Echo talks back but knows he did wrong..>Cherokee just walks off with her tail and head up like she is all that

Sit, lay, shake, load up, cage up, stay, back up, easy(when taking food), leave it alone

Larka is her but lol..meeka is her side..Cherokee is her belly..echo is his head

NO NEVER they are very good always walk with slack in the lead

Echo does the rest dont

Meeka broke her femer bone 8 weeks ago she is better now...Cherokee has allergies

Larka and Meeka always get out of the pin just to show me they can be out like their dad and stay in the yard lol..Echo always gets on couch when hubby says he can when i say no and get down

Echo loves going on the 6 mile walk at the lake..Cherokee hates excersie..Larka loves to go on runs..Meeka cant have much exercise because of her leg

Meeka has a bear..Larka has a horse

Cherokee ate our couch..Larka ate a bird..Echo rolled in cow crap

Echo can be trusted anywhere off leash..Meeka and Larka not yet but are being trained..Cherokee is a never

Echo will crawl into my lap..Meeka randomly whoooos at me...Larka isnt very lovable..Cherokee will lick my hand like crazy and lay her head beside me

• 2 weeks later...

He just stares at me.

Sit, stay, speak, down, paw, other paw, roll over, go for a walk, go to the park, get in the car. 

Belly rubs

at 8 years old after neutering it's only 25% of the time.  It used to be 100%.

Yes

Was diagnosed with prostate cancer three years ago and had 3 months to live.  Neutered him and switched him to a gluten free diet of fresh fruits/veggies and meats and he is far better than ever now.

He can get through any door or gate in the house unless it is dead bolted.  He is alpha male and has a mind of his own and is extremely insistent about getting his way.

Long walks in the park

a Land's End foam dog bed, a stuffed pumpkin dog toy

I guess because he is an alpha male, he exudes hormones that just terrifies other dogs.  He just calmly stares at them and they go from being happy, tail waggin, wanting to play to terror stricken & barking at him in just seconds.

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no

He lays with his paws covering my feet.  I know, I know, it means he's controlling me and I can't leave without him knowing about it - but isn't that love to a dog :)

Shadow - He will woo at me or run away. If Shadow is REALLY in a bad mood he will not look at you atall and completely ignore you.

Skye - She will either completely ignore me or back chat!

Shadow - Sit, Lie down, Stay, Come, Leave it, Drop it, Get the ball/toy, Twist, Wait, Stop.

Shadow - On the front of his chest or behind his ears.

Skye - Belly rubs :D

Shadow - He walks lovely almost all the time until he see's other dogs/ducks/rabbits etc etc you get the jist. He wont run unless i run infront of him or he is next to a dog that will run.

Skye - She trys to pull most of the time.

Shadow - Yes he does inside over and over again, outside he may do it once or twice but you usually have to fetch it yourself!

Skye - Yes she does but she doesn't quite get it that she has to give it TO YOU she drops it just in front lol.

No neither do.

Shadow - He is such a whiner!

Skye - Is on the go 24 7

Shadow - A nice long walk

Skye - Lots of play running about etc

Shadow - Shadow loves to lay on nice soft big cushions, he doesn't have a comfort toy anymore he used to but another dog destroyed it :( he likes to cuddle up to me.

Skye - Her favourite person is Rob, she always lays in front of the french doors so she can keep watch :)

Shadow - Counter surfing!

Skye - Ate Robs passport!!!

Shadow - Went off lead till he was probably around 6 months old then once more later on. He can be off lead in enclosed areas now only although the fencing does not HAVE to be as high as 6 foot as he is not a jumper.

Skye - She has actually never been off lead unless in an enclosed area or escaped! Her recal is OKAY. TBH i need to work on it 

Shadow - He comes and cuddles me.

Skye - Gives you lots and lots of kisses

• 1 month later...

lies down and tries to give me paw

sit, lie, wait, come, paw, another paw, bark, howl, find (people), let go, phew, jump

belly, neck and around ears

only when im walking too slow or when he isn´t tired enough

yep, few time and then game over, edit: we can now do it for 10 and more times, always bring the toy in front of me

no

he is howling when im not around

search and rescue training, bike, playing with other dogs

he just like to be near me

once he walked on the roof of my house

he can be trusted off leash anywhere

he sings to me, tries to give me paw

I have a lot more but I'm sure this list is already too long and I don't want people to be deterred by the midpoint if they get tired of answering questions. I will definitely post more later! :o)

Okay, here's the 4 month old Ares!

He turns a deaf ear and does not make eye contact.

Not many of them yet, I'm so bad in training him :( He knows "Sit", "No", "Go" and "Stop" so far but he's mainly obeying me only when I hold a bowl full of food. :P

Belly.

All the time! Once we went out for a walk with the female German Shepherd owned by one of my friends; He was pulling really hard when we were behind them, but once he was in front of all of us, he started walking slowly. Probably he was feeling like a true Alpha dog :P

He does chase what I throw but rarely bring it back. He prefers to just chew on the toy a little bit and then take off in other direction.

None so far, thankfully!

Disobeying me when I really need him to listen to me for his own safety.

Running like crazy and playing with other dogs.

Nah, he can hug (or hump haha) everyone he knows and he lies just about everywhere.

He's humping almost every dog we meet, haha.

I can't really tell, he will probably won't come back if I recall him :(

He's always wagging his tail and he's lying down while howling at me. Then when I get closer to him, he starts jumping around trying to get me. If I duck down he will come and snuggle with me while trying to lick my face all over.

He runs away. Almost in a sly, mischievous way, admitting his guilt.

He's just 19 weeks old, but so far he obeys the command 'sit', 'paw' and sometimes 'down'. He's been doing the first 2 for about 5 or 6 weeks now.

Anywhere in the chest area. He'll completely give in and let you scratch his chest for hours on end.

All the time. Obedience training starts this week, and I am hoping we can learn to walk at a more peaceful pace.

Right now, yes. I think he enjoys the verbal praise that comes with bringing the ball back. He doesn't return the ball to my hand, but rather he'll drop it or want me to 'tug of war' it from his mouth. But he'll always go fetch it again.

He has a tiny hernia on his belly that he was born with. It does not cause him any pain, and he'll get it corrected when he goes to get neutered.

He used to scarf his food. Like literally vacuum suck it and not even chew. Now I'll pour him a bowl in the morning and he won't eat any of it. Sometimes he'll eat it if I put it on the floor instead of his bowl, but he just doesn't seem like a breakfast person for some odd reason.

He likes to be mobile. I live in a condo and he learned to conquer a flight of stairs just a couple days after I first brought him home. I have 32 stairs in my complex and he runs up and down them at least a half dozen times each day. 

His comfort toy is a stuffed Woolly Mammoth I bought on Amazon. It is a sturdy toy, meant for dogs, and it's about half his size. He likes dragging it up and down the stairs by its tusks and he's always mindful of where he last left it. He also likes playing with a baseball. 

Play biting. He's bit both myself and my sister in the face a few times. It's not malicious, and he doesn't draw blood, but it's definitely his worst moment thus far.

I'm not sure yet. A couple days ago, at my parents, he slipped outside unchained. This went unnoticed for about 20 minutes, however he was just laying on the grass as if he were chained up the whole time. He might still be too young to have much interest in exploring the world around him.

When Jasper comes up to me and allows me to scratch him, I feel like that is when he loves me. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.totally turns away doesn't listen 

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand? sit, paw,leave it, over(right) down, speak,sing,stay

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched? the inside of her back legs 

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)  yes so i have to take her out bikeing for an hour 

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it? yes shes great at this game but doesn't when shes tired 

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues? nope?

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you? when she eat biscuits she takes them out of her bowl either walks around with them in her mouth then drops them and eats then 

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise? biking 

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc? her crate

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done? we have gone tho x3 sofas,x2 carpets, walls.dvds,net curtains,and plenty more 

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this) no!!!!!!!!!!!

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing) licking my face????

Nika

Damian

Asha

Ignores us completely, with the occasional talk back
Shouts at us until we give up

Walks away, or cowers as if we're telling her off
Sit, paw, bed, and to go into the kitchen
Sit and bed

Sit, sometimes bed
Behind the ears and her back end
Tummy, and in between his ears

Anywhere, literally anywhere!
Mostly
When walking with the other 2

Yep!
Fetch yes, bring back, no

He'll let something hit him on the head before he catches it!
She runs away when something's coming towards her!
Sensitive tummy
Not that have appeared yet
Nothing hereditary, just minor damage from fighting with previous owner's dog.
She has days where all she wants is attention, as in 24 hours in that day!
He chews, a LOT!
She doesn't know right from wrong yet, so she'll cuddle you when you're punishing her!
Out on the bike (she's only been out a couple of times so far, but she loves it!)

Chasing Asha in the garden
Running away from Damian in the garden!
She has a very special bond with Danny, and a squeaky animal pelt thing (She did have a toy Zebra as a pup, but he 'went to live on a farm')
He's a lone wolf really, but comes for cuddles occasionally, that's about it
She takes comfort in cuddles from anything human, canine or otherwise!
This is collective of all 3, they completely ruined our lino flooring in the kitchen, and chewed through a cupboard!
Yes
Yes, if with Nika
Not sure yet, not planning on trying it any time soon either!
She actually cuddles you! Puts her head on your shoulder and sighs, tail wagging :3

He sits on your lap and licks you to death, then falls asleep on your knee

Not sure yet, because she shows affection to everyone with cuddles, but we haven't bonded with her properly yet

DEAF EAR!  All the way.

Sit, down, left, right - he's weird about his paws, so no shake (or 'hold hands' as we refer to it in our house, me and Luc the German Shepherd hold hands :wub:  ), I never taught him to heel.  He used to know 'stand' but we haven't done that one in a while.  Quiet he knows too, and leave it/drop it.  Not that many commands, actually :( He's....wilful.

Neck.  He loves it.

No, but I am trying to teach him to so we can do canicross.

He will fetch the flying squirrel (though he also enjoys playing keep away with it) but that is it. 

Very mild hypoglycemia (discovered when we neutered him ~20 months old

Nearly died with liver problems which came on very suddenly at 2 years old.  The vets never figured out exactly what it was, the emerg vet said they ruled out pancreatitis but I suspect that was it, but he was in ICU for 2.5 days before we brought him home, and it took 7 months for his liver values to totally return to normal.  He's on a special low-fat food (Wellness Core Reduced Fat)

He is obsessed with eating the rabbit's poop.  And hay.  And trying to get them, which he cannot do.

Run

On the couch with either DH or me.  He must be touching you whenever possible.

Geez...tough call.  He's independent, but a pretty good boy. 

ACTUALLY - I take that back.  He once ate the 'dog' chair and tore through and chewed boxes of books and some of the books in them.

I take him to huge provincial parks - 1000s of square kilometers - and he stays on leash.  I don't want him hunting something and getting lost, or hurt, and his recall under distraction is TERRIBLE.  Things to kill so much more fun!

Smiles at me.  Cuddles with me.  Licks me.  Greats every day and me happy and full of enthusiasm.  Runs with me, even though he gets tired, because he wants to be out running with me.  Needs to be with me and DH as much as possible. 

• 1 month later...

Mishka

Maiko

Kiya

Sit and stare, turn a deaf ear, walk in the opposite direction.

Ignores, won't look you in the eye.

Walks off.

Sit, Say please, Catch, Leave it(When she wants to) Lay down, Stay, Sits at curb without prompt.

Sit, Say please, Leave it(When she wants to) Lay down, Roll over, Stay.

Sit, Say please, Drop it, Fetch, Lay Down, Stay.

Top of the head and neck

Tummy

Top of the head and under her arms,

Yes

Yes

Yes

Nope, not interested.

Nope, not interested.

Yes!!!

Nope

Nope

Nope

Getting in the bin, rough playing on top of you!!!

Getting in the bin, taking toys off the other two

Snatching, jumping

Playing with sisters, yamping around the back garden.

Under feet

By a door(any door will do)

The back of the chair

Ripped up the carpet and ate the underlay.

Ate a bird!

Jumped out the window

Only in a fenced in garden, with supervision at all times.

Lays next to me and puts her chin on my lap, lays under my feet, sleeps on the bottom of the bed.

Lays under my feet, howls when she sees us.

Lays with her head in my lap, or around our feet.

• 1 month later...

Starts off with total deaf ear,and when you do catch him up and tell him what for you get top of the tree back chat! lol

wait, go, to me, sit, lie down, bed, bath, high 5, give 10, paw, bring(has no idea what he is to get but he certainly tries by bringing everything in sight) :D 

front top of his leg right in at the breastplate

not always,maybe bout 70% hehe

not a chance

no

never

huge walks through the woods and down by the river for a dip,

our bed, and me,probably in that order too

he once took the in soles out of all of my mums shoes,left the shoes as if hed never been near them,but snaffled the insoles

we have a couple of places close by where he can be off leash,he absolutely loves it,

its the look as he charges towards you when youve just came in and then follows you about for like an hour as if to say "your going no where whithout me boy!",and at night when we are all in bed he slinks in and lies right up against you

• 3 weeks later...

Looks fun to answer :D .. REVIVE.

Not so common now but when it happens it's talk back central.  Lots of protests before giving in :D.

paw, other paw, sit, down, stay, beg, heel, leave it, bang!, wait, left, right (which way to turn), speak, quiet, kisses, high 5, high 10, fetch, bring me the ____(insert animal name), shake (shakes her fur out), almost got limping down , can't remember anything else.

Her belly side :D

Not anymore, no.

Surprisingly, almost every time

no, knock on wood!

Yeah, when I ask her to grab a toy that she will play with so we can go to my study room and she can stay with me, sometimes she ends up wanting a different toy and will whine until I let her off her leash and she'll run a get a toy and bring it back then sit quietly the rest of the time.  No idea why she didn't just start with that toy in the first place lol

Favorite way is probably running circles around other dogs at the park aside from the 3 mile runs we do every other day :D

This Christmas deer squeak toy that she tore the stuffing out of.  She loves putting the whole thing in her mouth and pretend its her baby or something. 

Worst thing she did was she randomly became hyper one night and I tried to stop her by stepping on her leash and it got stuck in my foot and sliced my little toe.  I needed 4 stitches but on top of that, my brother locked her in my bathroom while we went to the ER and she clawed the door... let's just say my mom wasn't a happy camper :D..

From all the stories I heard, I can't trust her off leash, though I would like to one day.

When she sees me after I'm gone for 5-6 hours for school, as soon as I walk in the door she goes from being sleepy/lazy to submissive and howling for me to come pet her lol.  I usually don't give affection until she settles down though but it's so adorable.  She also, when I'm laying on the couch, will come over, rest her head on my stomach, look at me for a few seconds and lick my hand once and lay down next to the couch.  I think it's so cute +_+

• 3 months later...

Jack stays in a corner, pretends not to see or hear you and sneaks a peek when he think you're not paying attention anymore. Keira hides behind Jack and probably wishes she was invisible.

Jack can do: sit, stay, high 5, shake hand, shake other hand, "leave it", speak, down, say "sorry", fetch

Keira can do: sit, shake hand, shake other hand, "leave it", kiss

Belly, and gentle scratches on the nose and in between the eyes (they tend to fall asleep when I do this)

For the first 5-10 mins, then calms down and behaves....unless they see a cat.

Yes, loves playing fetch

No

Jack marks (really stinky pee) your stuff if you ignore him too much.

Keira chews on chargers and cords when she's bored.

Wrestling with us on the floor and walks...long walks.

Anywhere near me, they tend to “moat†around my feet. They love those raw hide bones from the pet stores.

Jack was able to run out of our gate when we were busy unloading groceries, he went straight to this creek filled with frogs and garbage. Took us 4hours to coax him back to us. It was raining then 😕

Keira tore through the trash (biodegradable trash) so it made the whole living room stink.

Just in fully fenced areas.

They both give me adoring stares and when I reach out my hand they come in for a hug. They kiss and paw me gently. Sometimes they offer me their bone and wait for me to play fetch with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Snow turns a deaf ear, Thor talks back, Moo talks back, Nook wont give eye contact.

Snow knows sit, stay, down, paw, touch (then does how many times to touch etc touch 3) up, go find it.

Thor knows sit, stay, down, paw, up, roll over (we call it 'show me your belly')

Moo knows sit, stay, paw

Nook knows, sit, paw, show me your belly

They all like their neck and belly scratched

Snow doesnt, the other three do, Moo the most, i have to use a gentle leader with her and Thor.

Snow will, the other three wont, once they have it, its theirs. 

No

Snow is the fussiest eater ever, so its a challenge trying to get her to eat. 

Running down the old railway track.

Snow and Nook have teddies, Snow has a little husky teddy that she uses as a dummy, she has had it since she came to us 1 1/2 years ago.

Snow killed three chicks that were in a nest in the garden.

Nook chewed through the internet router cable (even though it was hidden) 

Thor destroyed my duvet.

Nope, they seem to be naughty when given freedom, also they turn deaf :/

Snow brings her smelly soggy teddy and cuddles it on me. 

Thor comes and snuggles up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what she did wrong. She has a terrible poker face, so I approach her with caution. If she looks away or avoids me.....gotcha! Haha. If I see her do something she isn't suppose to, she runs away and tries to hide behind someone/thing. She listens well in general and when I raise my voice she immediately stops what she is doing and walks back to me. I then get down on a knee and put her in front of me so I am kind of mounting her. Then I rub her favorite spots and try calm her down. She listens very well so there is usually a reason for her to act up.

She knows sit, high five, hand shake, down, up, and speak (she will start barking.) She refuses to talk though and it breaks my heart.

She loves to be rubbed on her belly, her quads, lower back (right where her tail starts), her neck, and her favorite spot is the back of the ear.

Only time I leash her are when it's required or there are a lot of people. She doesn't tug on the leash often and when she does I usually give her a slight yank. Then she stops pulling. On the bike, I trained her to stay on my right side and never to cross over to the left unless I fully stop and signal her to.

Yes, that is her favorite game along with tug of war and the catch me you slow human game. She brings the ball back every time. She use to try to play tug of war with the ball until she accidently bit my finger too hard. Since then, she drops the ball in front of me or puts the ball at the tip of her month and lets go when I grab the ball.

She thinks she is a human. Haha, just kidding. None that I know of.

She enjoys rolling in poop. I tried to get her to understand that is a no no. However, it is instinctual and breaking that is very difficult. She is learning though. I got her to start associating that rolling in poop means I am going to get mad and rub her face uncomfortably with a wet cloth. She is very sneaky about it and only rolls in poop when I'm not looking. There are no stains in her fur now, just that nasty poo smell. We are almost there haha.

She loves bike riding. When I have the time, we go on a 5 mile bike ride. I tie her to my bike and she is off to the races. I got her to stay in my right side and she never crosses over unless I completely stop and tell her too. If not, I take her to the dog park almost everyday and she just runs around tackling the other dogs. She also loves to play with pine cones. She throws it around like a ball and chases it. Then she starts mauling it. Never understood how she never bleeds or gets a cut from it o.O

Her teddy bear and me. When I am at school and don't come home for longer than a week, she completely stops eating until I come home. When she sees me, she would literally tackle me and try to lick my face to the bone. If she is unhappy, she comes to me for comfort and is always follows me around everywhere (even if it's 5 am in the morning). Her teddy bear is one of my really old stuffed animals from when I was a kid. She usually tears up her toys and pulls out the stuffing in 5 minutes. However, she treats the teddy bear with care and seems to be aware that it can break very easily. Somehow it is still in one piece, even after 3 months of her chewing it. I got her a new bear as a test and she ripped that up as soon as she took it from my hand. I am guessing it has to do with the fact that her teddy bear smells a lot like me? She even uses as a pillow to sleep lolpost-11574-13947651921971_thumb.jpgpost-11574-13947652138808_thumb.jpg

Two weeks ago, she had diarrhea in my car. She then immediately jumped in my lap (still covered in poo btw) and started to wine like she was in pain. I pulled over and had to piece together what had just happened.....Before we got in the car, we were at the vet and lily got her heart worm medicine and fecal matter tested in which they stuck a stick in her butt.

So here's my take, both of these things made her uncomfortable and made her tummy upset. She then was in complete shock when she had her accident because she hadn't had one in nearly two years. She also never had an accident in the car before. She panicked and jumped into my lap and was saying, "I'm so sorry, it was an accident! I swear!" And for that, I let her just sit in my lap all the way back home. My goodness, the smell nearly killed me on the way back haha.

Yes, but you need a lot of patience and practice since huskies are so stubborn. With that said, she does very well off leash. She does occasionally run off when she sees a squirrel, but as soon as I raise my voice, she stops and looks back at me. Then she either waits for me to walk up to her or walks back to me. She usually stays within a 10 feet diameter of me. Sometimes further if she gets more comfortable and I don't mind. She also always keeps me in view, otherwise she starts looking for me when she realizes I disappeared.

First part of the answer to question 9 pretty much answers this haha.

Don't worry about how many questions you ask. These are all good questions! That's what these forums are for. If they are honest questions, you will get honest answers from us :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

T- He puts himself in timeout.  If I try to talk to him after he does a no no, he will not look me in the eyes.

A-  She runs and hides.  Usually under a table.

T- Basic's and for him to roll over if you say show me your weener he rolls over and spreads his legs.  

A-  She knows sit and come.  She has really bad ADD and can't sit still very long.  She's still a puppy.

T- The belly and his legs

A- Under her chin

T-  Only pulls if we bring Aspen along.  If he is alone he walks like a dream.  

A-  She pulls, she is always in a hurry.

T- Brings you things to throw and then looks at you like...."Are you gonna go get that?" 
A- Loves fetch.  Wants to play it all the time.

T & A- None

T-  He waits till you are about to take a drink of your coffee and whacks your arm with his head.  Oh, and he is very bossy and pushy.

A-  Won't tell you she needs out.  We are working on that.  She also doesn't like the rain and wet grass.  She freezes and won't move.

T-  Walkies, and playing with Aspen.  He is mostly lazy and enjoys sleeping.

A-  Loves to run and run and run. She is on go almost all the time. 

T- Fav Place- Under the bed or in the bed as close as he can get to me.  Fav Person- Besides me (he's a momma's boy)  He loves his Uncle David.

A-  Fav Place-  On the arm of the couch in the window.  Fav Toy-  Anything that squeaks.  Fav Person-  Me and her grandma and her Uncles.  She is a very shy dog so she stays close to us when anyone is around.

T-  He recently bit my hand.  He had something he wasn't supposed to have and when i went to  take it, he bit my hand.  He also once on a walk took off after a truck and broke 2 of my fingers.  He is bigger than he thinks he is and doesn't notice his size or bite.

A- Pooping and peeing in the house.  She will go outside then come in and go.

T & A- NO.  Both of my dogs see something and want to eat it.

T-  He is always by my side.  He will be outside and come to the back door just to give me a kiss and check in.  He loves to give me kisses.  Even if it is just a kiss on the hand.

A- She is a cuddly girl.  She will come up to you and put her front paws on your shoulder and wait for you to pick her up and rock her.  While you do that she rubs her head on you or kisses you.  Always with a big husky smile.

I realised I have never done one for Wodak so here we go :)

Wodak will walk away. He'll talk if he's challenging you but otherwise he just acts as if he didn't hear anything. He's all happy to go on a walk but when it gets time for him to put his harness on he's suddenly on the other side of the house, lol.

Sit, lie down, paw, wait, and anything else that he learned himself that will get him closer to the food. In fact, if he really wants some treats he does all the tricks he knows of hoping you'll give him a reward. When I stop for a traffic light he'll sit down in front of me and give me a paw, lol.

His chest and belly, but mostly his chest. He does like to be scratched on every other part but his chest is what will actually make him calm and sit down, which is unusual for him, lol.

post-2355-0-48246500-1394899325_thumb.jp

Yes and no. When I'm walking with all three he doesn't pull as Glala and Dana don't walk very fast. But when I'm walking with just him he's sometimes a bit too exited. As long as it's only slightly pulling I don't mind actually. Everything is better than having dogs that want to sniff every leaf they see... (Am looking at you Glala and Dana... :rolleyes: )

Yes! He'll fetch most things you throw but it's a 50% chance he'll either go to his corner to chew on it or to actually bring it back to you.

Nope.

Farting, and he doesn't even attempt to hide it  :huh: But with that face, how can you stay mad at him for longer than two minutes? :lol:

post-2355-0-55338500-1394899429_thumb.jp

Walking! He'll go crazy when he realises I'm taking him for an extra walk. When I open the front door it's as if I released a tornado on a leash.

He loves to lie close to people. He'll have to touch them in one way or another :wub:

post-2355-0-03550300-1394899585_thumb.jp

He tends to open the doors and head upstairs to show his disapproval. Last week while I was gone he grabbed the toilet paper from the bathroom and completely shredded it in Ruth's bedroom. It was only later that day that I noticed that when I was using that toilet and realised (too late) that the toilet paper was missing... :blink:

Maybe. Haven't tried it nor am I willing to. So far he does have a consistent recall and his previous owner did sometimes let him off leash. I don't think the urban city is a safe place for a dog to be off leash so I'm not going to give it a try. Long leashes are the solution.

Not very hard to miss now is it?  :wub:

post-2355-0-67513400-1394899873_thumb.jp

Just a few questions to understand what type of personality your husky has. I am always enamored by the different personalities that huskies can have and would like to compare your husky's personality with Smokey's. Unfortunately I can't meet all of them so show me yours!

I have a lot more but I'm sure this list is already too long and I don't want people to be deterred by the midpoint if they get tired of answering questions. I will definitely post more later! :o)

1. Otto will only disobey in one way. Gets distracted and doesnt come back to m(until I get to him and whatever hes been distracted with)

2. Otto knows: sit, down, shake, up, stand, speak, stay, come, also when I say "go in your crate" or "get in the tub" he will do those for me.

3. On his belly. I rub him and say stretch and he stretches out haha

4. Not ALWAYS. He cannot fit into his harness yet, but when I clip the leash to the harness and collar he wont pull. Just depends on how he feels.

5. Yes

6. No

7. He gets into trash cans every now and then, he is getting out of that stage but it used to bother me.

8. The dog park/my yard. I.e. he and his girlfriend Bama wrestle and play at both places, and usually only play with other unless theyre swimming at the park

9. Honestly, anywhere I am. He definitely knows who his daddy is and snuggles with me when I lay down. He has his independent times too, like when I got back from Nashville from the hockey game after he day he didnt show me that much affection, considering.

10. My roommate left a Chipotle bag on the ground, he buried his head in it and raised up with the bag covering his head. Ill post that pic later:)

11. The dog park, again. It used to be a golf course, so it is 600+ acres, but all the dogs go to a certain green where there is a pond to swim, play etc. Also when I get home to let him out I can let him potty off lead and ask "you hungry" and he will come screaming back, sliding across the hardwood floors.

12. The way he cuddles, I know that dogs do that mostly to  feel protected and he gets extra close as if to say "I know you have my back" haha. Other than that, just by being a great pup, obeying and listening and pleasing me all that he can.

Stares at me as if he's thinking "do I really have to do this.. maybe I can get away with disobeying just this time.." or he talks back in a growling manner  :D 

Sit, lay down, spin around, up (on the couch, bench etc), give me your paw, no, OK, stop, come here, high five, give me a kiss.. I'm sure I forgot something! 
He knows how to stop in a free stack too, if it counts.

The inside of his rear legs and inside the ears.

He pulls like a madman if he's wearing a collar but never when he's in harness.. Should be the other way around :P imo

Over and over again! Might be because he's a puppy though.

None at all so far

Not really, not anymore at least :P 

Running in the woods

In my arms, that's the place where I have taught him to relax and calm down :D

Hmm.. He's emptied his anal glands on me a few times  :angry: 

Yes, he's still a puppy though.

He "hugs" me in the morning and licks my face :D if I've been away for just a little while he starts shouting and dancing around me while trying to wrestle me down just to lick my face  ^_^

Talia <3   She is 14 weeks old as I write this so she is a work in progress. :)

Definitely talks back.  You say No & she will bark or howl something that sounds just like a "No No Nooo".   She's like a toddler that mocks you.

She is picking up "No", "Sit", put it down  and she is starting to respond to "hello"

Her chest, behind the ears & sometimes her chin.

Yes, but teaching her not to.

Not yet.

no

Chews up socks & is at her worst only when the fiance is around.  He still does not believe she is actually a good puppy normally.

Make Mom chase down the sock.   Or walks. :)

She loves her hippo toy

strangest- She lays in her water dish, and won't even move when I pick it up.   Naughtiest- Chews up socks, but so far that is all.

Not yet

Talia will howl for hours if I leave without her, it doesn't matter who stays home with her.   Once I come back she will whine & cry until I pick her up and hug her for a while.  Soon she will have to settle with the hugs on the floor.. she's getting heavy. lol