I would like to get to know your husky

Smokey

Just a few questions to understand what type of personality your husky has. I am always enamored by the different personalities that huskies can have and would like to compare your husky's personality with Smokey's. Unfortunately I can't meet all of them so show me yours!

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues?

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise?

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc?

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done?

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

I have a lot more but I'm sure this list is already too long and I don't want people to be deterred by the midpoint if they get tired of answering questions. I will definitely post more later! :o)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mishga's answers

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

turns a deaf ear!

sit.stay , come here , up, bed.

belly in between her back legs

not very often

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

no, she'll run after it pick it up and then drop it and go do what ever she fancies

no

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

chews the gussett out of my daughters knickers when she leaves them on her bedroom floor or bed. will one day teach her to put them in the washing basket/ or her washing away straight away

chasing fox's over the park

her bed under the stairs, with a very manky lookin pillow, she won't get in it without it she has a nice quilt in there but manky pillow has to be in it for her to get in! rolleyes.gif

got in my raised flower bed and dug up 2 bushes. sad.gif

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

she always come's off the lead, she will run off but not too far as she doesn't like us to be out of her sight for too long. she comes back if we call her.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

when we come in the front door she woo wooowooo gives cuddles & kisses. when havin cuddles on the sofa lik's ya feet errr lol of any part of skin she can get to.

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does she do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Tikaani will hunch her shoulders and droop her head. nikita just walks away. macie will lay down and roll over

all mine understand the sit,stay,down,gee,haw,easy,hike,up up,leave,on bye,off (the sofa), touch, come and more that cant think of at moment

tikaani is the only one that seems to understand fetch

Nikita is her ears and belly, tikaani around her mouth and jaw, macie just about everywhere

when i walk them together yes like a steam train, but if i walk seperatly then no the walk withoug pulling

only Tikaani and only with her toy pig

none (fingers crossed)

erm no to be honest

running with them on the rig they all get very excited when they know we are going running.. macie the most she goes totaly bonkers

they have their own sofa in conservatory they like.. Tikaani likes tucking herself under my feet where ever im sitting.. Nikita just loves to be anywhere near me.. and macie trys to lay behind me on sofa

Nikita jumping 3 stair gates and getting upstairs and finding my choc in bedside cupboard..

i would only trust Nikita off lead ..Tikaani & Macie only in a secure area off lead

omg ..in so many ways.. just from the way the bounce me when i get home. the way they follow me. the way they look at me (especially Tikaani) .the way they will lay by my side of bed all night and wont move. by nudging me in morning when my alarm goes off. how hard they work when running. Tikaani will just lay her head on my lap and just gaze at me . Nikita will lay with one paw on me. Macie will try to wrap herself around me.

ignores me and turns around and walks off

sit, stay, come, paw, drop, in, out, over, through, in the car, no

belly

mostly yes unless she is tired

yes at home she does anywhere else she will run up to the item but not pick it up

no

drinks sea water.....

the dog park

she likes to come up and lean on me when we wants attention and has a favourite toy

strangest was when we had her spayed for a couple of days she thought all of her toys were babies and scooped them all up into her bed and looked after them

no we tried once at the beach and she ran off straight up to the nearest person.... dont think i would risk it again

waking me up every morning with her smiley face and wagging tail and bringing me her toys

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does she do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Kiska will just trot away and pay no attention to me :P It's different if she's done something naughty though. If she KNOWS she's been naughty she'll run straight to her bed, lay down and look up at me with a sad face because she knows that's exactly where I'm about to send her :lol:

Sit, down, paw, touch, stay, off, out, in, wee wees, puppy food, come. My smart ickle puppy :)

She's not a massive fan of strokes and cuddles, but when she's feeling a bit soppy she loves a belly rub!

Right now I'm just working on getting her to move in a forwards direction! I've never met a dog that doesn't like walks before! :blink:

She'll chase whatever object I've thrown until it's landed, then she'll either pounch on it, dig at it, or completely ignore it. Never brings it back and rarely picks it up :D

Nope.

Potters around outside for 20 minutes, takes one step indoors and then pees! dry.gif Apparently she's been a lot better recently though!

Running in parks and field! She doesn't like street walks or anything on hard concrete, but get her onto even a little strip of grass and she's off! :lol:

She loves to cuddle up under your legs between you and the sofa when you're sat down :)

Tried to eat my parrot :angry: From they day I got Kiska I would get Zuri out for her fly around with Kis in the room so that hopefully she'd get used to her and not want to go for her as she grows up, but if anything she got worse and it is NOT worth the risk. I love them both too much to let that situation pan out, so no more loose birdy while puppy is around!

Not right now but I'm working on it. I'm hoping Kiska's german shepherd half helps me out a bit!

Excited greetings after we've been gone for a while, wagging tails, kisses, etc. I miss that :( Looking forward to it on Saturday morning though :D

This is such a wicked thread. Had a great time reading through everyone's answers.

STORM'S ANSWERS

MYA'S ANSWERS

Turns a def ear

Talks back

Sit, down, stay, wait, paw, other paw, kiss, high five

Sit, down, stay, wait, paw, other paw, kiss, show me (after several woowoo's to get my attention, she will take me somewhere in the house and show me what she wants by looking at it)

Stomach

Neck and base of spine

Yes, unless i'm using the canny collar

Yes, unless i'm using the canny collar

No, she will chase a tennis ball then kill it

Ocassionally, depends what mood she is in

Has Arthritis in her hips for which she has hydrotherapy for, once a week

No

No

No

To be running free in an enclosed area with their other husky friends

To be running free in an enclosed area with their other husky friends

Likes to sit with me and must be touching a part of me

Likes my bed, where she takes her toys for safety from Storm!

Wrecked lots of items as a puppy. Not now though

Wrecked lots of items and the carpet as a puppy. Not now though

No, unless it is totally enclosed

No, unless it is totally enclosed

Is so happy and excited to see me if i've been out, follows me around the house quite a lot and likes lots of cuddles

Is so happy and excited to see me if i've been out and will come up to me frequently during the day for kisses

Ignores me. completely.

Kisses are her favorites. And she knows sit, shake, speak, lay down, roll over, and up.

Probably her belly

Yes! Terribly. Just figured out how to deal with it

She does whatever she wants. So usually no.

Nah

Run off like there's no tomorrow

run.

She loves the car. Only time she is ever calm and behaved.

Too many to name! Destroyed carpet, furniture, pooped all the time in the house. But the worse was when she ventured off into our neighbors yard to play with their pet bunny. They called the cops on her. Butttt she's so much better now!

Never ever ever.

Kiss me!!! loves kisses.

Roxy

Kyra

Both

ignores

Sit,stay,come,heel,down.fetch,wait,leave it,

Sometimes (in training) Sit,wait,fetch,

Belly

Not Always - still working on both

Always

No

Roxy trying to coax Kyra to play

NO

Run, fetch

Beds

nothing (yet?)

not yet

wooo wooo wagg wagg - kiss kiss and both real good at giving hugs

Mishka and Odin talk back. Cheyenne does this head flip thing and Mickey just starts to wag his tail really fast.

Sit, Down, High-5, Speak, Heel, Fuss (heel position), Okay!, Wait, Stay, Up, Over... I think that's it.

They love their bellys scratched and behind the ear on the neck.

When we first step out the door. I tell them to act civilized and they stop. lol

Mishka does. No one else cares for the concept.

No. Anything they've been to the vet for has been one time things. *knock on wood*

It annoys me when they eat the toilet paper. Especially when i've really got to pee!!!

Running at the park. Or swimming during the summer.

They all love to get into swirls and watch TV with us.

Ate a leather couch. Ouch.

Mickey if we're working. Otherwise, no. I have normal Huskies. :)

They love to kiss!

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? She talks back, runs away, completely ignores me.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand? Sit, Easy, Down, Stay, Speak, Go to Bed (to her room), Crate Up (to her crate),

Roll Over, Paw, High Five, Come, Wait (when she is going to reach the end of her line), Kisses!, and Drop It!

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched? Belly, head, behind her ears, and on her rump.

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.) Yes, pretty much everywhere. If I put her on

her 16' retractable lead, after a while of calling her back to me, she get tired and doesn't pull as much.

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it? Yes, she is amazing at fetch,

she absolutely LOVES it. We could probably play fetch with her all day.

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues? None that have been discovered thus far.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you? She eats out of our cat

box, and begs like no other...

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise? Walks with mommy, and playing fetch for hours :P

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc? She pretty much tries to crawl inside of me if she

is scared. She sleeps with me. She does go to her crate, so that is her safe place.. and she has a cow that is her favorite

toy.

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done? Haha.. she ate half a plate of deviled eggs on

Thanksgiving Day.

I have dropped her leash a few times, and she immediately comes back. I think that she likes the act of pulling me down the road, and not having that

tether to me scared her :P Maybe not, but that is how I interpreted it. If I were able to find a big safe place, I would love to take her to run off lead.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? Echo sleeps with me.. she cuddles with me on the couch. She give me kisses.. and the

best thing in the world is coming home to her and having her freak out because OMG MOMMY IS HOME, AHHHHHH!!!!!! She also spends a lot of time

on the couch next to me while I am on the computer. She puts her head on the arm of the chair and just looks into my eyes. It is so sweet! :D Then I

shower her with lots of kisses and hugs.

Lyra occasionally talks back, but usually if I'm telling her off, like using my body to get her out of the kitchen, she runs to grab a toy and tries to turn it into a game.

She knows sit, lay down, shake, and high five really well. Stay, come, and leave it when she wants to.

Her belly.

After a lot of work on the leash, Lyra hardly ever pulls.

She'll fetch something and then bring it back, but always just slightly out of reach. We've been working on the "drop it" command, but really she just wants us to chase her.

None at this time, and hopefully never.

Chasing the cat! Lyra wants to play with the cat, and he definitely does not appreciate it.

Walks, snowshoeing, playing chase games in the yard. She's still too young to run and we don't have any dog parks in the area.

She loves the couch and rawhides when we give them to her.

She chewed up one of the arms on my futon when she was about 10 weeks old. It looks like a beaver got to it.

Lyra has never been off leash. Her recall is terrible. We've accidentally dropped the leash twice, and my heart has stopped each time. Luckily we've gotten her back quite easily.

She snuggles with us and loves to lick faces. She'll also hold our hands in her mouth.

Siva doesn't ever disobey. She was a rescue dog and beaten/abused heavily. Unfortunately, a side effect of this is that she always listens. I wish she wouldn't always listen. I want her to get in a little bit of trouble!

Huskies are so smart, when I have pepperoni in my hand, Siva can understand ANYTHING. Dangle a piece of pepperoni and she will sit, speak, lay down, shake, give kisses, etc.

She loves belly rubs! She constantly rolls over and talks so that I'll rub her belly.

She ALWAYS pulls. When I first got her it was my first experience with a husky and I tried to teach her how to stay by my side instead of pulling. However, I know that this is a natural tendency for Huskies and as she is only 28 pounds it doesn't really bother me that much when she pulls now.

Siva doesn't fetch or play with toys at all. Every once in a while she'll play with her tennis ball when she thinks we aren't looking, but only by herself when no one is watching.

Two days ago, I noticed her pupils were significantly different sizes. I was so concerned I called several emergency vets and was instructed that this is never a good sign. We are still watching her and hoping nothing is wrong.

She cowers all the time. She was beaten/abused horribly before we got her, and over the past two years this has improved, but she still cowers a lot. I hate this because it makes me sad.

Siva loves to RUN. She is seriously fast enough to keep up with a greyhound. She can run forever and she is so fast. I like to take her to big open areas and she will just run and run and run.

She has a dog bed that she lays in a lot. This is her special place.

When she thinks daddy (aka my boyfriend) is leaving and not coming back, she poops inside. She has only done this twice. Once when we (she and I) had to move to another city for four months to complete student teaching in order to finish college and he couldn't come. The next time was when we moved into our new apartment in Virginia (from Kansas) and she didn't see daddy for 8 hours while he was at work. She doesn't like it when he leaves.

This is a toughie because huskies love to run and are normally friendly with anyone who is friendly with them. Siva is very loyal to us, however, we have to keep a close eye on her off leash and if she gets too far away from us we call her back. For the first six months though, she ran away twice and we had to search for her.

She knows when I am upset. If I cry, she comes and cuddles with me. Sometimes if I am sitting on the couch she will come and lay her head on my knees. When my boyfriend is out of town/gone, I will sleep with her on the floor and she cuddles with me. She will sit by my legs at night while i'm watching tv and not move. She always likes to be next to me. Even though she misses daddy she's my baby. That being said, she is kind of like a cat in the sense that she doesn't want to be cuddled with and isn't affectionate all the time. Huskies don't always need affection like other dogs do.

Usually he just runs hoping I'll chase him

Sit, lay, paw, highfive.. working on stay, he's not too interested lol

Either between his ears on the very top of his head, or his belly

He's getting MUCH better

Nope!

Hmm, he was shot and had heartworms (both taken care of now), and may have hip displaysia(sp?) but it isn't bad

Eats napkins/toilet paper/tissue...if left unattended for a few moments, he will most likely be found with one of these in his mouth.

Running in the yard/at the dog park or walks

He's taken to my bed now, and has recently adopted a stuffed animal as his favorite toy

Hmm.. he hasn't done anything too terrible yet...

Never

He always hangs around the same room I'm in, sleeps with me, and gives me lots of kisses!

Hi here are my two's answers

Molly in Pink

Codey in Purple

Just ignores us and plays deaf

Smiles that's all

Paw, sit, high five, down, off, and bed and heel

Sit, down, off, heel and bed

Belly

Ears

YES

Nope he's a good boy :D

You throw it you go get it

Yep, yep yep :D

Nope

Nope

Have you got all day

Nope once again he is a good boy

Running running and more running

Play wrestle with daddy

Soft with mum and dad

My crate

Just about everything she is a madam

He sings and sways in his crate when he thinks no-ones looking

Yep

Yep

Cuddles and kisses laying head on lap

Cuddles and kisses laying head on lap

looks down at the floor

sit, paw, other paw, lie down, hi5, bed, heel, stay, tummy.

behind her ears / stomach

not always

depends on her mood

none

she's greedy so begging for food

carrying on, long walks & runs with her friends

her oversized, extra comfort bed that im due stealing :D

demolished an expensive pair of shoes whilst teathing haha

Yes, no problem off leash

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you?

by her body language, tail wags like crazy, ears fly back and she tries to lick you to death

I apologise in advance, but I tend to anthropomorphise Anya so excuse the nauseating bits! 1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Acknowledges the command, then gives me a head toss that means "Yep, I know, but I'm busy so just let me do this and I'll be riiiiiiiight with you".

"Sit", "stay", "come" (via my whistle), "leave it" and "do whatever the hell you want and ignore me" She has that last one perfectly.

On her chest

Yes but not excessively; she's only little so it's curiosity at the moment but I can see the beginnings of a fine sled puller and I don't want to inhibit that. Just need to get down the gym!

She does when we're playing indoors, but outside she will run hell for leather after it, then when she gets there, she'll look at me "Hm this is not the item I thought it was, momz; I'm off" and run on. She's getting better outside, but at least it gets her to run when I'm too tired to!

Nope, apart from the sleep-farts blink.gif

Treats the sofa, me, laptop etc etc as an assault course. I've lost a couple of lap top keys to these surprise attacks. I guess there's a fine line to teaching her that it's ok to be on the sofa, but less ok to hurl herself at it like she's playing Takeshi's Castle.

She also goes outside to drink water out of manky buckets (the weed trug) when there is fresh water inside and the water STINKS

Running full pelt around the garden and out in the field too.

It was Lionel (a squooshy monkey that looks like Lionel Blair) but now it's Gingeroo, a reduced-price Christmas gingerbread man squooshy toy that has added squeakers.

The feet are squeaky, but its middle is a malevolent Chucky-style laugh.....I'll wake up one morning and it will be staring at me at the end of the bed. unsure.gif

Her crate or the sofa is her comfort place

Just chewing things at the minute..she'd NEVER be naughty ha ha ha ha ha ah ha

Yeah, kidding, she has also bitten the ear phone of my iPhone headset; also eats the feet off dirty socks and tights and (this is ming) eats the gusset out of knickers in the wash basket. Right now she is trying to eat my laptop case. Mmmmmmm tastes like zips.

(edited to say: sorry, false info there - she was chewing the shampoo bottle out of my travel wash bag)

Yep she has about a 9 in 10 call back and is still young enough to look for momz

She rests her head on my arm (usually when I'm driving!!!) and will come running when she hears me crying. She also falls asleep at my feet.

Jack: disobeys rarely, but does it style. And it's almost always about stolen food. Just grabs it slow and quiet and goes slowly out of the room, like "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just stealing your dinner"

Arwen: She likes to argue with me, but then...she just like to talk in all the situations. When she knows that the mess is BIG, she hides.

Jack: sit, down, stay, stay in stack, jump, circle, bow, give 5, by my side, come here, NO(of course), let down, bring, go on(or "run" when I let him out of leash, the best command for him), pull and some free style easy commands.

Arwen: sit, jump, come here(only on long leash for now), give 5, stays on 2 feet, stay in stack, by my side

Jack: Bottom...yeah...and belly

Arwen: Head and belly

They are on long 5m mechanical leash, so...not always. While running they're always by my side, they pull with bike, because that's our summer training.

They have a command for pulling though. But of course when they are VERY intersted in someting pull as hard as they can...(like cats)

Jack: Yes, up to 3-4 times out, indoors it goes up to maximum 10 times.

Arwen: Just run after the item, rarely brings it back.

Both: Thank God-no!

Jack: jumping over people when playing with other dogs. At some point he decides that other people are way more intersting then the dogs and starts to look for their attention.

Arwen: The harsh game toward other dogs. She's like dinosaur in 17kgs.

Jacks behavior on dog shows also-he is too enthusiastic.

And the most annoying thing about Jack outside home is that he can't live without me even for 5 minutes. Starts to think of ways to get to me, hows, sings, pulls...Arwen doesn't have that problem, because since baby she's with him. He's her superstar.

Both: Free run and bike pulling.

Yes: their own beds, but prefer mine.

Too many to describe them all:))

Jack:Yes

Arwen: NO

Kissing, whenever they feel like showing love. Sleeping in my feet, with muzzle in my shoes...

He looks at me in a really sad way that stops me shouting or being mad..

Only one at the mo, Sit. And that takes a few attempts..

Belly

Yeah

Nope

Nope

Pee up the washing machine

Run until he drops

On his fav towl by my feet

Eat half the cat litter inc poo

Off the leash on chew road chew vally there is no place he can get really its just really long road with gates stopping him escaping.

Jumps up and wags his tail.

• When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it?

Turing the deaf ear

2 what commands/tricks does your husky understand?

Sit, hi5, lay down kiss hug

3 Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?

Belly

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead?

No just when he see something what is more interesting the walking

Yes not more then 4 times

No

Yes he has a mad 5 min when I walk him and singing after the alarm clock go

Playing with his ball on enclosed football pitch

Under the table in the kitchen

Opened a xmas card and eat the money

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash?

No an less there is not anyone around for miles

Nips hands elbows knees and feet jumps on our heads on the sofa.

• 2 weeks later...

He won't look at me and make a really guilty face

Sit,wait,paw,slowly,down, upstairs,piggy(brings his toy-pig),drop,got get it,ball,here (doesn't always listen)

right around the ears, side of his neck and rump

only if he sees something, that is more interesting than me (other dogs,birds,cats)

Yes he does

none

He sometimes follows me everywhere i go

Taking long walks or bikerides

me or his bed in front of a heating source

Hihihi, he jumped at my father in law from behind----with really muddy paws

Yes always and he's gonna miss this freedom (no dogpark around here)

by always being overly happy to see me or coming for cuddling he even knows when i feel down

Neat thread.

Usually just 'turns a deaf ear' or ignores me. Sometimes he runs away or hides underneath the table.

Well, he came with Sit, Shake-a-paw, Up, Down, 'Wanna go outside/car ride/walk/etc' when I adopted him, but I taught him 'Shake the other paw' (beg), lie down, and 'off'

In front of the ears and on his spine near his butt.

Not always; usually only if he wants to mark or if he sees another dog.

No and no.

No.

Doesn't like to be left alone.

Dog park. :D

Likes to lie at the foot of my bed (on the floor) and at the foot of the stairs leading upstairs.

Ripped up the carpet by the door, tore open my window screen, and hopped out of the second story window. This was before we found out he didn't like being left alone. :P

Sometimes, in my backyard when I'm doing the BBQ, I'll let him leash-free. But it HAS to be around supper time before I feed him, and I usually have to have some sort of yummy treat for him to come back.

Rubs against me (almost like a cat) and licks my face/hand/arm slowly.

Turns a deaf ear, but if u keep on at her she eventually takes a deep sigh and does what you want.

sit, stay, kisses, here/heel, shake paw, no, and if you give her treats you can make her wait before taking it or give it back to you after giving it to her.

DEFINATELY HER BELLY! she will lie for hours and let u scratch/rub her belly

No, she can do if your not firm with her and give her the lead, but in general shes pretty good.

LOLA? no way. she looks at the ball with great excitement. when watches it wiz by and gives you a look as if to say....what did you throw it away for?

Nope fit as a fiddle

she dribbles water EVERYWHERE after drinking from her bowl. everytime she has a drink i have to mop the kitchen floor!

we walk her 2-3 times a day but always get the impression she secretly wants to break out into a gallop...but dont all huskies?

well he havent had her long enough to really find a specific place or toy but she spent all night and morning so far on my other halfs burberry picnic blanket out of his car which im sure he wil complain about when he gets up. but its a chavvy pile of crap anyway!

nothing yet touch wood

she could in theory... her old owner said she used to come back when called or wait for you to catch up to her... but i wouldnt personally trust any husky off lead. id give her a long lead (100ft-50ft) so she could experience freedom but not let her off

KISSES she'll lick your face or come lie next to you and put her head in your lap and wait for fuss

Lily pretend she doesn't hear me! Or if she has an object she knows I'll try to get away from her she'll run into the living room and hide on the couch with it! LOL

Sit, stay/wait, paw, other paw, speak, rollover, spin, bang! (plays dead), hoop (jumps through my arms), legs (walks back and forth through my legs while I walk), up (stands on her hind legs), upstairs, downstairs, drink your water, close! (close the drawer/cabinet), kisses, come/come here, and a new one I didn't teach her...open the back door! LOL Not bad for 4 months old! :D

Everywhere! Especially her head/ears and she's always on her back for mucho belly rubs!

Only when she sees something she REALLY has to have (like the leaf that just blew by her!). She pulls more when she's on her 6-foot leash, and rarely pulls when she's on her 25-foot lead. If anything, I occasionally have to pull her to get her to catch up!

Only when we play in the house with her plastic donut (with sprinkles! :P ). But it's more of a fetch and then play tug-o-war til I get the donut and throw it again. :) She'll play it outside with a ball usually, but she'd rather play "come chase me and try to get this ball!".

None yet! *knocks on wood*

BITE BITE BITE!!!! But she's just a pup, so I'm really hoping she'll grow out of this! We've been training with her and working on this, but she still bites (hard!) when she gets uber-excited. She is tries to force you to play with her. She'll grab a toy in her mouth and then will grab your legs or try to put it in your hand and jump on your lap. It's hard to resist, but annoying if you're trying to get stuff done!

Walking, running, rock climbing, playing with the neighborhood doggies, and occasional visits to the dog park. She just LOVES being outside and having fun! :)

Even though I'm alpha and her caregiver (I take her on walks every day!), her daddy (my boyfriend) is her favorite thing ever! :P Though she is quite attached to the both of us, and always has to be in the same room or near us.

She bit straight through my lip when we were playing and she got carried away (I know it was an accident) and recently she gave me a huge black eye when we were playing fetch and butted-heads! LOL. I think my coworkers are beginning to question my relationship haha.

We've begun walking her off-lead in safe places and working on her recall and she's been doing great! It may help that she's super attached to us and she's a husky mix, so the Lab in her may help fight her urge to run away! We're training her young so hopefully she'll remain trustworthy as she ages and tastes more freedoms!

KISSES!!!!! Especially face kisses, she tries everything she can to get her tongue in your mouth. It's kinda gross hahaha. She also does the "hand-holding". And she looks at me with those loving little brown eyes lol.

skye usually talks back and jumps up and down then barks some more then bounces some more lol

sit puppy 5 paw both paws touch speak lay down

tummy

yes thats why she has a halti

no lol

no touch wood

ye wont go toilet when its raining

running about like a loon

skye no actually

we had skye a week went shoppin she was in her crate came home she was in the livin room and had chewwed both my horsefield tortoises i was gutted i nearly killed her lol

if with another husky yes done it before

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing) licks me nicely if she stood on me and it hurt she will come and lick me to say sorry x

Nanook hardly EVER disobeys me, but when he does (and did) it was definitely by turning a deaf ear. He would just ignore the command.

Sit, down, rollover, shake, other paw, high five, say please, whisper, get out, get down, stay, leave it, wait, come, stop.... etc etc.

This changes from day to day, but lately he has a spot on his right shoulder that just makes his mouth tug back and his head go sideways when you find it. It's really funny.

Never ever. Always stays beside or behind me, even on a bike. Also, he is trained off lead. Everyone I know has warned me about it, and I use precautions when I let him off lead, but he is very good. We recently completed a two mile hike off lead and he stayed directly by my side 90% of the time. The other times I allowed him to explore and wander just a bit.

He will sometimes fetch at home in the living room, and he will bring it back at set it on my lap. But apart from that, he's not really a fetch sort of dog.

Nope, not that I know of. Will be getting his hips screened in 11 months when he is old enough!

Crying in the crate. But it's totally my fault, so I can't complain too much. He's such a great dog in every other way.

Riding bikes, going hiking, walking, dog park.... he loves it all.

Nope, Nanook is incredibly calm and comfortable wherever he goes. And I'm serious when I say that. We had him in the front yard off leash the other day while we were doing yard work, and had him lay down by the lawn mower before we turned it on, and he seriously didn't even bat an eyelash. He just turned his head and sniffed for a second. That was it, stayed laying down and everything.

Well, we don't go to other peoples' houses that much, so I had him at my aunt and uncles house a couple of weeks ago....and he just decided to lift his leg on a chair. He's completely house trained and fixed! As soon as I saw, I yelled and he stoped, and we went potty, but GEEZ!

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash?

Yup. I went camping in the mountains once, in the middle of the forest, and sometime in the middle of the night he managed to unzip the tent. I woke up in the morning to him nowhere in site. All I had to do was call his name and he came waltzing back into the tent and licked my face. He was only 7 months old, then, too. While it's super scary to consider what could have happened, it's pretty awesome to know that he understands to stay with me. It's only been 5 months since then, and he's so obedient that I allow him off leash a lot. Mostly in places we visit every day, to reinforce the idea of where he isn't and is allowed to go; where our boundaries are. I also use this as a safety precaution, for if he ever gets off leash in a situation I don't want him to be off leash in, so that I will be able to recall him. It's come in handy in a few situations already.

When Nanook was a puppy, he HATED affection. He wouldn't sit in my lap or lay with me, and he would scream when I made him. He just wasn't an affectionate pup. But now he's the most affectionate dog I've ever met! Now that he's 70 pounds, he loves sleeping next to me and on my lap, and giving hugs. I know he's showing he loves me when he walks up to me and places his head on my leg with his ears back, and this is also submission. Kisses are also affection to him. Overall, though, the relationship we have and the level of cooperation involved is the truest sign of unconditional love and affection I could ask for. We're seriously like a couple of puzzle pieces. He's helped me through some seriously dark times just in the year I've had him, and I'm always there to protect him, and he knows that. It's really a beautiful thing.

post-2077-1358596195113_thumb.jpg