I would like to get to know your husky

Smokey

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Alice :rip: : deaf ear, no eye contact, pretended to sleep and snore/breath heavy

Grace (10mo):huskyfall: : talks back, talks back more, runs off or in circles around you, dives to the ground and waits sheepishly.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?

Alice: sit, stay, down, paw, other paw, all done, drop-it, all gone, get it and come, speaks "out now, yes more, i love u" understands: ride in the car, load up, wait, your seat/spot (in car or couch), what do u want, show me (and she would go and sit where she was needing something), mama help (she would stop sit and bark once and wait, till I came and got the toy stuck under couch). She also knew "hugs" and would come and put her head in my lap and wait till I hugged back, this also went a long with "are u sorry?". She could pee on command, and if asked if she had to go poo poo, she would respond with "roo roo", and pee pee was a one bark loud yes.....I was a proud mama!

Grace: well, we are still working on the puppy, but she can sit, down, paw, understands go to park, where's froggy? are u hungry, she goes to cabinet, more water, she barks excessively, and well everything else is a work in progress. She knows a lot more than she is actually doing.....it will be an interesting road ahead.

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?

Alice: behind ears and rear end and above tail

Grace: tummy and chest and back

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)

Alice and Grace: YES

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

Alice and Grace: YES

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues?

Alice: Diagnosed at 4yr with diabetes, she developed ketoacidoses at 10yrs and lost over 50% of her kidneys, she was given a few months to live, and ended up lasting a whole year. :heartbeat:

Grace: developed a strange lung infection at 6months, that the vet could not find cause, major fever and "nick of time" getting her to vet, 2000$ iv, meds and 7days later she was back to normal.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

Alice: She would get into the trash within 5 minutes of us leaving the house

Grace: Any piece of paper, tissue, toilet, or towel or cardboard, even dryer sheet, she will sneak grab and seek out and shred to pieces. She also is a total water nut and digs splashes and picks up dish and pours it out.

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise?

Alice: Playing in yard with her brother GSD, and walks/hikes forest and beach. Play dates with neighbors dogs in our yard.

Grace: Dog Park including the kiddie pools, rough and rumble and chase with us, walk in the forest.

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc?

Alice: her spot on the couch, the door, any dirt hole she could find or make, under the highboy dresser, NO toy comforts, but liked blankets, I was her comfy person.

Grace: At my feet under the computer chair, under the couch (but can't fit anymore), My old sweater, a Panda stuffed toy, and rubber froggy and my slippers.

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done?

Alice: Got into a large rubbermaid of homemade xmas cookies sent from mom, which she managed get to through a half opened cardboard box and the plastic container. She pooped liquid for about 24hours straight! She also tore up our entire couch and my cell phone in less than one day.

Grace: the puppy has yet to prove any really worst thing yet, she is just averagely consistent in being puppy mishchief....she still has devious things to learn. However at 5 months old, we thought she got out of the yard, we were calling and calling and looking and spent an hour on foot and car looking all around, and where do we find her, stuck under the house covered in mud!

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

Only in secured dog park areas and our own fenced yard.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

Alice: hugs, kisses and talked to me when I got home, and always laid with me when I was sick and sleeps in with me on weekends even if hubby is up.

Grace; lots of kisses, begins to wait at the gate starting about 30min before I am suppose to arrive home. On nites that I do not arrive home until way late, my hubby says she waits until about 10pm and gives up. I am suppose to be home by 645-7, but at times can be as late as 11-12, now I see it as 3.5hrs of waiting on a loved one.....true love from my Gracie:wub: she's only 10months

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.

Koda will shake his head and walk away or ignore me.

sit, come, up(for our stairs),release we are working on stay now

belly

he only pulls on his leash when he is over excited or really needs to go

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?

yes. Fetch is one or his favorite pass times.

no

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?

how rough he is with his brothers ( there are chihuahua's)

play fetch, playing with his brothers, running outside with mommie and daddy and playing with daddy

comfort place is his create, his toy is a rubber newspaper (he sleeps with it and lays his head on it.) person would be me(his mommie)

worst and strangest and naughtiest is all in one He loves to eat SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)

no koda is only 20 weeks old and still learning

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

koda gives me kisses and he follows me everywhere and he greets me as time as i get home and gives me hugs

Our little girl is still a puppy, but she definitely has a personality already! :angel:

Most of the time she will either just completely ignore us or cock her head to one side, and then completely ignore us. As thought to say "I heard what you said, but I just don't care and am going to do what I want to do, thank you very much"

So far we've successfully trained Sit, Stay, Go Get It, fetch (she kind of taught herself this one), Shake, Come, Leave it, and Drop It (half the time anyway).

Bellyrubs! She will roll onto her back and ask for a bellyrub.

Usually. She's getting better as we're training with the "Crazy Ivans" method - turning around and going the other way when she starts pulling.

This has become one of her favorite games, especially if the toy will roll and bounce.

She seems to get the sniffles every once in a while. Vet says it's probably just allergies.

She steals underwear and socks. She knows it's "bad" but that doesn't stop her. It's like an addiction, and since my husband sheds socks randomly when he gets home from work (in random places where I don't always find them), she gets ahold of socks at least 3x a week.

Playtime with our other puppy at the dogpark. They absolutely love chasing each other around (and dragging other dogs into their play too!)

She's very attached to the tiles in front of the fireplace (we've never used it, but she loves the tile). She doesn't seem to care more for my husband or myself, and absolutely loves everyone she meets.

Strangest is probably her tongue habit.. When she's concentrating hard on something very specific (treat) or not concentrating on anything specific, the tip of her tongue sticks out and she's not even aware of it. As far as naughtiest, she has attempted to de-stuff our recliner, dig up our carpet, and empty her water bowl on the floor.

No, but we are hoping when she's older she will be trustworthy.

Whenever we come home, she greets us very enthusiastically at the door, including barking, talking, and howling. Slowly getting her to be a bit less overwhelming, but it's been a lot of work. She has become less aloof as she has grown older too, and now when we're taking a nap she'll come and lay down next to our feet for a few minutes before wandering off. She'll also give kisses and try to "hug" us with her front paws like she playfights with her sister.

Great post!!

Balto runs away if off-lead in tennis courts, selective hearing and talks back lol Alaska sometimes switches on her husky hearing .... selective lol!!

Sit, stay, wait, down, right paw, left paw, jump, under, through, weaving, speak, play bow and re-call. Alaska knows 'go get it' 'bring it back' and 'give it to mummy or tanny' lol She will if asked bring the mail to my mum but sometimes tries to sneak off and chew it :D

Under the chin and neck for Alaska, Balto loves his tummy rubs :)

Unless I say heel, then yep they pull

Balto does when he feels like it and thats a rare occasion - cheeky boy! Alaska retrieves and loves to play fetch with a tennis ball

Nope, both 3 years and a bit with no problems thus far

Fav colour of mine is black, the shedding sends me crazy but they are pretty good dogs i have to say

Alaska loves to retrieve and run next to my bike, Balto would love to play all day in the park with other dogs

They have love/affection for all members in the house, Alaska can look for me if i leave even if their are people in the house but thats more of an anxiety thing because she used to sleep in my bed. Fav toys are anything they can shred and fav place my mums bed in the morning when they come and find her and the sofa!

Balto has peed on a few on my friend and ran off! And Alaska likes to hump Balto :S

Balto - no way, comes back on his own terms and if he see's another dog your history! Alaska to some extent yes, she will come back if i have a toy and cooked chicken she is like a lab off-lead but 100% .. no!

Huskies are independant and aloof but very loyal - they just show it differently. Balto loves cuddles and will lick your face to death :) Alaska is indendant and doesn't care for hugs but if you are ill or sad she will come and put her head between your legs for ages - they just show it differently.

Kira: Turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye, and on the rare occasion he'll run away.

Sadie: Runs away, turns a deaf ear

Kira: Sit, lay down, paw, other paw, bark, howl (sometimes), I love you, hello, stand, off, eat, and a lot of the standard sledding commands (haw, gee, whoooa, easssy, stuff like that). Now getting him to actually do them is another story.

Sadie: Sit, lay down, off, paw, and eat. We got her a little later than 5 months and she's proven to be quite difficult with training. She's doing awesome at the sledding commands as well though.

Kira: Belly or back end

Sadie: Anywhere, she's not picky at all.

Both: ALWAYS. I wouldn't have it any other way though, they are awesome at scootering and sledding. I do not want to discourage pulling. It doesn't matter now that they don't get walked on leashes very often, they have a HUGE backyard they can exercise in.

Kira: Never use to until we got Sadie. He would run at it until it stopped, whether he stopped it or not, once it's done moving (considered dead) he won't touch it. Now though, he will take it and run off with it to annoy Sadie. Hardly ever brings it back, kind of walks a few meters away from and drops it then stares at you.

Sadie: LOVES playing fetch, she's awesome at it, hence why she gets annoyed at him.

Kira: Nope. He does have a bump that I'm keeping an eye on, he's young so I bet he got bit by a spider or it's a cyst. If it gets any bigger, off to the vet immediately!

Sadie: Retard-ism... Is that possible for a dog?

Kira: Nope

Sadie: Doesn't listen, it's like she doesn't even know her name at times.

Both: Pulling, whether it be a sled or the pawtrekker, they LOVE it. I say, "Do you want to go for a run?" And you should see how quick they turn their heads to just stare at me with excited eyes. Getting them geared up Kira barks and howls. Sadie paces back and forth. If you make them wait just a few minutes to go out after they are geared up they go MAD! They want out, NOW!

Both: The bed or the couches in the living room. They love being lazy in the house. Or out in the yard, they love rough housing with each other, we don't allow it in the house.

Kira: I thought he jumped up onto the counter to grab my birth control pills and ate three weeks worth D: Thank god we found the right pack a few minutes before rushing him to the vet. He had ate a weeks worth of sugar pills. BIG time scare.

Sadie: Nom'd holes in both of our couches ._. Ugh. One while she was in her kennel, how she managed to get to the arm of it, I have no idea.

Both: I've had some success with them the past year at an enclosed beach area but other times as soon as you let them go they run off. They always come back but it's not worth it, something could happen. Dog parks or fenced in area it is.

Kira: Always craving attention, he tries to please me. He talks a LOT to me. Whines if he's not getting any loving, it's really cute.

Sadie: If she wants love from you, she'll come and flop over ONTOP of you. Silly way, but that's how you know she loves you.

They both FREAK out when you get home. Tails doing the full circle. Kira is usually really vocal then. Sadie's not vocal at all but she runs and jumps up to greet you first thing.

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.Sherlock just ignores me. He doesn’t talk back often – though he used to do it more when he was younger.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?We’re still learning but right now Sherlock knows: Sit, Down, Stay, Roll Over, Play Dead, Speak, High Five, Shake a Paw, Drop it, Bring it Here, Come, Focus…

Note: Just because he understands them, doesn’t mean he’ll always do them though. And, he understands some of the same commands in Italian as well.

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?Under his chin and on his tummy

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)We’re trying to train him to walk nicely on a leash – but he loves to pull. He can walk nicely at training class though, so it’s completely possible, and he’s getting better with more practice.

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?That’s one of Sherlock’s favorite games – he will do it for a while before he gets bored.

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues?When he was younger he had a few stomach/diarrhea issues, but they’ve resolved. Otherwise, he’s completely healthy.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?Other than ignoring me? He doesn’t yet signal when he needs to go out to the bathroom, even though we’ve trained him to speak! Oh and the digging…

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise?Playing with his doggy cousin (a Rotti/Shepherd mix), and going to the dog park and playing Hide and Go Seek.

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc?He loves my husband – and a few toys that have survived being destroyed. At night, he comes and sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed and stays there all night.

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done?Naughtiest – Peed in the house, chewed through a speaker wire, and chewed a nice shoe

Strangest – He barked and tried to eat his reflection in the dishwasher for ten minutes

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this)I’ve only ever let him off leash at the dog park which is completely enclosed. He hasn’t finished his training yet though, so maybe that’ll change.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)Sherlock’s ears go back when he’s approaching someone he knows and loves. He licks and he cuddles.

Echo's answers and also answering for Taz, who is an angel in Husky Heaven!

Echo - Selective hearing

Taz - He was always a back talker

Echo - Sit, Paw, Down, Stay, Twirl, Drop It, Come (she knows most of these with hand signals too).. she is currently learning Bang! (play dead)

Taz - He was a little older when I adopted him, so basically very well behaved and knew basic commands, Sit, Paw, Other Paw, Speak, Wait, Come

Echo - Neck and Chest (also loves to be rubbed up and down on her muzzle, from between her eyes to her nose, she just loves that!)

Taz - Neck and Chest :)

Echo - Yes, we are always working on this, she has made major improvement though, but still needs work.

Taz - For the most part, no, except when he was on squirrel/rabbit duty :P

Echo - Yes, this is a big part of our 'Drop it' training, as she resource guards. Doing this as helped a lot!

Taz - On his terms, when he felt like playing fetch, lol, he was way more into the chase than bringing it back.

Echo - She seems to have some skin sensitivites/allergies, trying to figure out what it is and what needs to be avoided. Other than that, she is a very healthy young lady.

Taz - He was perfectly healthy, perfect bloodwork at 15 years, except I found out he had hip dysplasia a week before I put him down, once he was diagnosed, he went downhill shockingly fast, even with medicine. He was superbly healthy otherwise, I wish I knew about it a long time ago :( He was so strong for keeping it under wraps for so long and acting like a puppy and rough housing with other dogs, etc.

Echo - The tail chasing and the fact that she puts everything in her mouth, lol!

Taz - He was very sly and bold about stealing food (I once lost an entire pizza due to him, and 2 long sandwiches, among other food, lol), but I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Echo - Laps around the yard!

Taz - He loved walks and going to the dog park.

Echo - Loves my bed and her crate!

Taz - Was a total momma's boy, he was my shadow and happiest when around me. He loved stuffed animals and would baby them :D

Echo - Ate the crotch part of several pairs of underwear!

Taz - Back to the pizza comment, I ordered a pizza and left it on the table maybe 5-10 minutes, came back and the whole thing was devoured. He even made sure to close the box to make me think he didn't do it, haha! Boy did he have a belly ache after that, what a mess!

Echo - I have never tried, but I do not think she would be completely trustworthy off the leash.

Taz - He was about 20 lbs overweight when I rescued him and at that point he was very trustworthy. Once I had him on better food and he took off that weight, no way, he gained a ton of energy!

Echo - Loves to cuddle and give kisses! She's also alerting me if people are not in my line of sight by barking, because if I see people, she's quiet, if not, she lets me know, as if there is some hope she may protect me if anything were to happen!

Taz - Same with him (with the cuddles and kisses), not to mention his eyes never left me, he was always concerned where I was, my well-being and all.

She will talk back, jump around, talks some more.

Sit, Stay, speak, shake (both paws) High five, Standing ovation, sit pretty, dance, slow, turn left. turn right, wait for food, jump into jeep, lay down, get to bed.

belly

She is learning with the leash while walking to not pull with the help of clicker training. When we bike or run she stays right beside me.

yes she loves it for about 20 minutes than shes bored and onto a new game.

no, knock on wood!

When I leave the room without her she will bark and bark.

Running with the bike for hours!

Her big bed beside me, she hated her crate! Fav toy Senior Buoying Buoying, and me of course she apparently cant live without her mommy

Strangest thing would be trying to hump the cat at 5 months old, naughtiest would be pooping in my jeep even though she had plenty of opportunities to go before hand, and the worst thing, eating poison and me spending $500 at the vet to make sure my girl was ok
:)

I don't let Bella off leash at all. Not sure if she could be trusted.

I get kisses and cuddles all the time, she even curls up on the couch with me when I am sick.

Deaf ear until I get down at her level and then she attempts to shove the side of her rear towards me .. LOL! If she's playing too hard with that cat I go over to her and tell her to leave the cat alone and lay down and she ALWAYS stretches with her butt way up in the air and eventually gives in and lays down.

She responds to her name and "watch me", sit, lay down (with a snap and a motion to the floor), off, paw/shake (also she takes visual queues and if you have a treat in one hand and show her the other hand she will shake with you, you can go back and forth between hands it's rather nifty!), leave it, our speak queue is asking her to say please and she barks, treat, potty, inside, ride, hustle is our emergency come here NOW word.

Her belly, she loves belly rubs!

Yep. A trip to the local pet store is a complete disaster. Any training shes had goes out the window.

Yes. We're still working on the drop it command.

Nope.

Not perfect at the potty training yet unfortunately. 6 mos and still having issues! She is so irregular with when she has to go it's really unpredictable. Sometimes she will hold it for hours and hours and we've taken her out and she will only piddle. Other days she will poop because she can. REALLY FRUSTRATING!

She goes insane running around the entire house. No fenced back yard yet so the house is the only place she isn't leashed unless we're at a friends.

She loves her crate, she doesn't mind it at all. If she knows shes in trouble she normally runs under the bed where I can not get to her or into the corner of the living room under the sofa table again where I can not get her out.

Tearing the underside of the box spring was pretty big, but she also dug a huge hole in the grass while we had her on her tie-down out in the backyard playing with the sprinkler this summer. Then again, maybe chewing the heck out of the USB upload cable for the camera so I haven't been able to post any new pictures :(

It depends, If there is food around she would stay but otherwise I wouldn't trust her for a heartbeat. Several times I've been out in the back at night with her for her potty break and well, shes come across rabbits or other things that she chases after, literally near torn my shoulder out of socket and she's only 40 lbs. She did slip out of her collar once and that was a big mess. I felt like I was playing tackle football trying to catch her. Finally she stopped to smell what I assume to be another dog on the telephone pole and I caught up with her.

She loves to fall asleep under my desk at the computer and she rests her chin on my feet, great foot warmer! Also when we come home from just being out for an hour or so she is overwhelmed and jumps all over us, tons of kisses! You can tell she's really happy when her ears kind of fold over.

• 2 weeks later...

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it?

- Sometimes she talks back, other times she pretends she can't hear me, like I am not there at all

- Sit, Down (lay), give me five!, speak, go to bed & come

- Belly

- She does if I don't put her gentle leader on, with the gentle leader she walks very well on a leash

-HAHAHAHA no, she basically has the attitude 'you threw it, you go pick it up'

-She's only 7 months so far she has a sensitive stomach & has caught kennel cough once.

-she gets very vocal if we limit her to a room if we are not in said room with her

- at the off leash dog park, where she can sprint at full speed & play with other dogs

-she has a favorite toy & she likes curling up on my feet under the computer desk

-strangest would be that she actually makes a real effort to motorboat me, worst would be when we were potty training she would hold it outside and come in and pee/poo like 5 min later

- to listen like a perfect angel? No (she does good considering her young age) but she can be trusted to get along with all dogs & people she will meet yes

-She gets SUPER excited when I come home, and she puts her ears back & gives kisses. Also she often lays somewhere near me, if I leave the room she will get up and follow me and lay back down in whatever room I settle in

He just igmore's me and my calls so just ignore him and then he will come back to me wanting to play

Sit, lie down,paw and come.

Behind his ear

Only on the way home

yes

None

Rips his bed to pieces every fricken night !!!!!!!!!

Walks in forest parks

Comfort = Under clothes horse. Toy = Kong. Person = Me ha ha

Tore his bed to pieces, then i bought a brand new 1 and tore that 1 is well

Yes

If i come home he jumps and gives me a hug, he cuddles into me and gives me kisses which is yukeee ha ha

Sorry this post is really late but I thought this would be fun to answer!

Murdoc runs away and turns a deaf ear.

sit, down, paw, high-five, "bang" or "play dead", roll over, leave it, take it, come here, stay, inside "when he needs to go inside his cage", off, hugs and kisses

belly

he pulls like there's no tomorrow. when we put him on the gentle leader leash, he doesn't pull as much.

he plays fetch when he wants to. other than that he gets bored easily

none

drools when he drinks water. he will chug his bowl of water and walk over to you with spit and water dripping all over your feet

chase my sister's mini pomeranian

his cage or me. he likes to lie down underneath my legs

eating his own stuffed animals and throws it up back or poops it out. we once found 6 tiny tentacle legs in a pile of poop in my backyard.

nope. he will go crazy and possibly run away.

murdoc always gives me tons of kisses.

vzyotf.jpg

Delayed but i thought i would join as i loved reading everyone elses :D

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.Miska does selective hearing and walks off in the other direction

she is only 2months but we have managed 90% of the time success sit,down,stay,leave,in,weewee, recall, heel and crawl

behind her ears and on her belly

no, not yet but im sure she will as she gets older

yes this is her favourite game

no not as yet

keeps trying to steal my sons lion cuddly nothing else just this one toy

suddenly having a crazy time sprinting and jumping through the house and garden

she loves sleeping on my feet but my 9month old son is her favourite person to be close to

naughtiest; tried to chew threw the laptop charger strangest; not really strange but ran into my parents patio doors

no, i trust her to come back but all it takes is one distraction

she wanders up tilts her head on the side and nuzzles into my lap, along with kisses and over excited when i return bless her

Joining as well - really enjoyed reading everyone else's posts

Piper will turn her head and flick her ears my way, so I know she heard me, and then walks away

Sit, down, 5 second stay, "back in the hangar" for the crate, not sure if a buzz by counts as a successful "come", high 5, shake

Belly and rump

Only when she really wants to get somewhere

A husky that fetches? They make those?!

Really sensitive stomach, anything off a normal diet will trigger soft stools for a week

Wakes me up at 6 am, refuses to go outside for potty, and then goes back to sleep, it's like clockwork - everyday.

Playing with her best husky friend at the off leash dog park

Loves her crate much to our surprise, goes in there willingly anytime for a nap or quiet time

Has an obsession with the one cat, doesn't understand he doesn't want to play with her

Naughtiest - nabbed a brandnew wool tuque that was a gift from afar and shredded it to pieces, coloured yarn everywhere!

I don't trust her 100%, but at 11 months now, she's been off leash in the woods hiking with us twice so far and manages to stay within eye sight

We're still trying to figure this one out, she's not very affectionate per stereotypical dog. Ears back and kisses for greetings is the most overt one we've seen.

Been following this thread for months! So i thought i should join in :D

Talks back then runs away

Sit, lay down, come on(start running), lunch time(go to your food bowl), Bed

Cheeks, belly, head if he knows you

If we're on the path he'll pull but if we're in the woods and he's on his flexi he'll stay next to me

Haha nooooooo

Sensative stomach. He NEEDS wheat (weird eh?)

Ripping up the newspaper thats on the kitchen floor into tiny pieces (incase he pee's at night)

Dragging me up the path until we get to the woods then he just likes to stroll next to me OR playing with Gizmo

Sleeping on the sofa next to me with his head on my lap

Had a bottle of lemon sherbert drink in a little cupboard and he managed to get hold if it, rip the bottle to shreds then drink all the drink!

Dont know any 'safe but limitless' places near me :(

When i lay in on saturdays mum stays downstairs with him and he paces all morning until i get up or until mum lets him go upstairs to see me. He runs upstairs and jumps on my bed, his ears go back and he gives me LOADS of kisses :)

When my husky disobeys me she will do one of two things. She will either talk back (howel or bark) or she will sit down next to me but with her back facing me, kind of like giving me the cold shoulder.

Jenna, shes six months, understands sit, stay, lay down, high five, speak and howel.

Jenna loves to be scratched on her stomach or behind the ears.

No, she's actually pretty good about staying beside me, unless she sees something interesting.

Yes, we actually just had our first snow here and she thoroughly enjoyed playing fetch with snow balls

I would hope not but then again she's only six months

No, i find it all pretty amusing. :D

RUNNING!!!

If she feels uncomfortable she won't leave my side. She's always next to me. She also has a favorite toy that she takes EVERWHERE! we call it her little baby.

She peed on my boyfriend when he was trying to pick her up :/

I've never tried. I obviously let her loose at the puppy park and such but in a completely unsecured place never intentionally. She's ran away from my boyfriend a couple of times but as soon as she hears me calling her she comes right to me. I guess she might b ok but i'm to paranoid that i would loose her to ever try.

Jenna shows me she loves me in many ways. She's always around me, sits by my side when i do dishes, sits outside of the shower while i'm showering she's always right beside me. she runs up to me when i get home with her big bushy tail and jumps to give me kisses. I guess i just know now she does.

TALKS BACK

COME, SIT & DOWN - HAVING TROUBLE WITH STAY

TUMMY & CHEEKS ALL OVER GENRALLY HE WILL TAKE ANY ATTENTION ANYTIME.

ONLY FOR THE FIRST 5MIN - OVER EXCITED- WHEN HE REALIZES HE IS ATTACHED TO ME VIA THE LEAD HE PACES HIMSELF

NO HE WILL ONLY CHASE IT, ONCE HE SEES A LACK OF MOVEMENT FROM THE BALL HE GETS BORED AND WALKS AWAY.

STAINED UPPER FRONT TEETH, MEDICATION VET PRESCIBED (GOT BILIARY AT TWO MONTHS)

EATS MY WIFES ROSE BUSHES

CHASING SEAGULLS ON THE BEACH

ON TOP OF OR UNDER THE PATIO TABLE

WONT ALLOW MILO OUR GSD TO EAT BEFORE HE DOES / IS AFRAID OF STRAY TORTOISES WHICH WONDER INTO OUR GARDEN

ALTHOUGH GIGGS AND MILO ARE BOTH VERY YOUNG (4.5MONTHS) WE HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING TO THE BEACH OR WALKING IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD OFF LEASH. RESPOND WELL TO THE COME COMMAND. THEY RESPOND BETTER TO MY WIFE WITH THE COME COMMAND.

I HAVE THUS FAR TRAINED HIM TO SHOW AFFECTION ONLY WHEN I ALLOW HIM. BUT I LET HIM JUMP UP ONTO ME OR THE WIFEY WITH HIS FRONT PAWS. HE PLACES THEM ABOUT WAIST HEIGHT

AND SLOWLY EXTENDS THEM UNTIL THEY ABOUT CHEST HEIGHT THEN WE STOOP LOWER TO EITHER HUG HIM OR ALLOW HIM A LICK. HE WILL ONLY DO THIS ONCE WE SAY UPPIE. HE DOES HOWEVER CHANCE IT AND JUMP YOU UNEXPECTEDLY AND LICK YOU IF WE PLAYING IN THE BACK YARD AND WE ROLLING ON THE GRASS.

post-6379-13586005655991_thumb.jpg

1. When your husky disobeys you, how does he do it? i.e. talks back, runs away, turns a deaf ear, won't look you in the eye etc.Neptune will walk away and when you come up to him hold him by the collar he looks away like he is not listening.

2. What commands/tricks does your husky understand?Sit, lay down, shake (left or right), rollover, turn around, leave it, easy, and come.

3. Where is your husky's favorite place to be scratched?Chest gets him going

4. Does your husky always pull the leash/lead? (when you walk, run, bike etc.)No he has gotten use to being on the leash and know how much room he has. But put another dog around him and he is tugging like crazy!

5. Does your husky play fetch and bring back the item more than once if you throw it?He is just now getting use to fetch (still a puppy) Mainly he will go get it run back half way stop lay down and chew the ball up.

6. Does your husky have any major/minor health issues?He had Parvo at 3 1/2 months and was a trooper fought and beat it! Healthy as can be now.

7. Is there anything that your husky does that totally drives you up a wall and annoys you?Doesn’t listen well at the dog park!

8. What is your husky's favorite way to get exercise?Dog park or i will run him at the local track.

9. Does your husky have a comfort place, or toy, or person etc?He has his own bed (not dog bed but a full-size people bed) that is at the end of our king size. He jumps up there and spreads out! Will not sleep anywhere else at night. Also i have a recliner and when i sit there and recline the legs he lays under the legs till i get up.

10. What is the strangest/naughtiest/worst thing your husky has done?Tore a whole garbage bag full apart outside!

11. In a safe but limitless place, can your husky be trusted off leash? (Am asking because I've seen pictures of huskies off leash of leash on this) Yes we take him to the Beach and let him off the leash every time. He is getting use to our calls when he gets to far.

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)Licks in the face. Will bring a toy to me. Will cuddle. Stays under my chair. Follows me around the house. When off the leash he listens and stays with me and never runs away

• 3 weeks later...

He basically just walks away, or howls at me.

Sit, lie down, heel, high five, low five, stay.

his belly and behind his ears

in the beginning of each walk he pulls, but then during the walk he calms down a bit. when we get closer to home he starts pulling again.

He occasionally brings it back. But he gets bored after 4 or 5 times.

No

The fact that he has to destroy every single toy he gets !

Running up and down the garden like a loonatic

The couch and if he's scared he either comes up to me or my dad

He's eaten his own cushion. We never got him a new one.

Yes, he won't come back straight away. But after a while he will.

In the mornings when I come down the stairs Wills is waiting for me and the moment he sees me his ears go down and he starts wagging his tail. He then runs up to me and does this deep long howl at me and bows. He then proceeds by licking me all over :D. This happens every single morning !

Iggy normally looks at me stubbornly and then moves away

Iggy knows sit, stay, wait, down, paw, come- which I think is pretty good for a 4 month old!

His tummy : ) I love stroking his head ears and neck

At first he does, but calms down after that

He is rubbish at bringing toys back. If I throw something he might run after it but def won't bring it back.

No, and hopefully he won't have.

He is very motivated by food, so that makes walking hard sometimes if there's lots of food around the pavement/park

Off-lead running and playing with other dogs his size.

He loves his towel which we keep in his bed (though he doesn't really sleep in his bed). He loves to sleep on the kitchen floor!

Managed to jump and take a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts (which I thought were well out of his reach!!) and then ate two doughnuts.

We take him off lead in the playing fields of the big park near our house. So far he has been very good but we are worried he might grow out of it.

Really amazing welcomes, gives his paw while stroking him, lots of licks!

Hidden

Dakota plays the run away game

Juneau talks back

Rockie won't look me in the eye and trots away

Diamond (who is deaf) chooses not to make eye contact....she can't be in trouble if she doesn't see the hand signals!

Timber pretends to forget his name and that he can't hear either

Aspen disobeys then immediately comes begging for forgiveness (she's not a Siberian!)

Tikaani is a big talker

Denali is a big back talker too

Riley runs away and refuses to listen

Dakota knows his basic obedience commands

Juneau has her CGC

Rockie knows basic obedience commands

Diamond being deaf knows all her commands in sign language

Timber basic commands

Aspen knows some more "tricks" like catch, go get it, etc she's a herding breed

Tikaani knows some basic commands but is a work in progress

Denali knows some basic commands and stand pretty, he's actively being shown in conformation

Riley is new and is a work in progress still...he does wait for food

Dakota likes his chest rubbed

Juneau likes the front of her neck rubbed

Rockie likes his shoulders rubbed

Diamond likes her chin scratched

Timber likes butt scratchies

Aspen is into tummy rubs

Tikaani likes the bridge of his nose rubbed

Denali likes the inside of his ears rubbed

Riley likes side scratches

No, I have trained mine to walk nice on leash and pull in harness. It took time but it was achievable!

Nope, they are Siberians....not retrieving breeds! My only "fetching" dog is my Aussie

Diamond was hit by a car before she came to us, so she has surgical plates in her front legs and has juvenile hip displaysia and is deaf from birth.

All others are completely healthy!

Screaming for attention is on my list of unacceptables.

We do a lot of time in our dog yard, with 9 it's easy for them to exercise themselves. Beyond that we take walks, skijor, and were attempting to add sledding to the list but we didn't get any snow this year!

Dakota likes the top of his dog house

Juneau has a favorite bone chew

Rockie loves his jolly ball rope toy

Diamond loves her bed in the living room

Timber wants his mommy

Aspen is a daddy's girl and to hog ALL the toys

Denali is a mommy's boy all the way

Riley likes his rope pull toy

Dakota used to run through the house peeing when he was a young pup

Juneau chewed all the hair off her tail when she was a puppy

Rockie tries to sneak out of the gate when we leave the yard

Diamond pretends she can't see her commands

Timber gets mouthy when he gets irritated

Aspen is just plain goofy all the time

Denali gets very vocal, to the point it sounds like he's being abused! Can't leave him alone at the shows without being completely embarrassed!

Riley is a fence jumper and kennel escape artist...probably what got him dumped

The only place that a Siberian is truly safe off lead is in a completely secured area...there are too many stories of trusted Siberians that out of nowhere remember they are Siberians and off they go never to be seen again. Not for my dogs!

Mine are all big kissers, but when they really want to let me know they become the most attentive pups...wanting to be near me or on my lap if I'm sitting. They are funny that way :)

• 2 weeks later...

lol storm just gives me a blank expression and runs away, nikita usually always obeys me because their may be a treat nearby :)

sit, paw, high 5, down, lay,up (as in jump up),

belly and chest

only for the first few minutes, i run with them for about a mile then they settle down :)

lol sometimes they will fetch their toy and come back but they will never let go :)

no, touch wood

they bounce on me to wake me up always at 6:00 am, and digging the carpet:)

chasing each other around all three floors of my house

nikita sits on the armchair and storm has a soothing habit of succling on the duvet for hours lol

when they were puppies they destroyed all satalite, phone cables, and dug up all my laminate floor, and wrecked a sofa and recently storm chewed the leg of my very expensive bed :)

never we tried it with them as puppies and even then they wouldnt stop running and now i couldnt catch them so i dont risk it

12. How does your husky show you that he loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing

storm jumps up and puts his paws on my chest and rubs his nose on mine, and nikita licks me to death everday lol.

All of the above and maybe bite a bit, not hard but to make a point I guess.

A whistle and a "come on".

Tummy rub

She cant stand it

Nope, in the case of throwing her ball, she'll look for something else to play with. Mostly my hand

Not that I'm aware off

When I take her out to take care of her business and she keep running back inside, then does it inside the house.

Climbing up the stairs and maybe escaping her crate

The living room, and her red towel

Poop in the house

Yup, she'd run back inside or hide behind me if she felt insecure

12. How does your husky show you that she loves you? (This one is important to me because I can't tell if Smokey shows me affection without me knowing)

When I get back from outside after a while she'd come hug my leg and softly bite on it telling me "Dont leave me alone again"

I dont think I did this so here goes o.o

He pretty much does all of the above and sometimes looks and me then turns around and does it anyways.

Sit, stay, up, lay down, come here, lets go, shake a paw, say it (speak), spin, leave it, go go (pull), woah (slow down), go left/right, keep left/right (altho hes still learning those a lil better hes like me and cant tell which is which smetimes lol), go pee, go poop, out, look at me, go eat, stop surfing (stop searching for food on the floor) thats all I can think of for what he listens to most of the time...until he looks at me and does something else

His belly :D

He does not pull when the lead is attached to his martingale but he pulls when hes on a harness

He will play fetch kind of...maybe bring it back twice then hes bored

Nope ^.^

Goes absolutly nuts for this bulldog friend of his and becomes uncontrollable and throws a tantrum like a 2 yr old child :P

Playing with other dogs ofc

He likes to lay behind the couch beside this rocking chair in the living room hes usually got his little stuffed reindeer over there. His favorite person is a cat :P he loves our cat Enkil.

He threw a tantrum one day after his bulldog friend came to visit and then left...he literally ran around the house pulling things off of desks and chairs and the couches and threw them around

I would never trust my husky offleash bot because he doesnt have recall but becasue hes a husky he tends to choose not to listen sometimes

He will come over to my desk and expect pets :P I dont know if thats just him demanding attention but he will give me kisses too ^.^

Turns a deaf ear and looks around

Sit, lay down, sit stay, down stay, eat, leave it, right paw, left paw, come here (sometimes)

belly

If its new territory (yes), always pulls me on the bike. On walks around the house he doesn't pull.

rare, but he may bring it back two times, at most lol

thankfully not

Snaps his teeth (bitting the air) when he wants to go outside

Run/pulls the bicycle

The couches

got in the garbage. He is well behaved so far *knocks on wood*

As much as I want to say yes......9/10 times I would, but it's always that one time in the back of my head.

He sits and looks at me with the sweetest face, ears pinned back and tail thumping the floor. Kisses to the chin.

It's funny how most Huskies are alike.....good thread!