solos at peace

shanetez1

we had to have poor solo put to sleep at just age 8 months old on june the 10th 2009. i had waited 6 long years till i could finally get the husky i had always dreamed of. we got solo from what seemed a very friendly lady (not breeder) from ad in the papers. lady showed me all the papers to the pups mum and dad (all fake). after only a week of having her at home we realised there was something not quite right her rear legs kept giving out, we took her to the vets who said it was clicky knees her joints would just pop in and out when ever they felt like it! After the vet asked to look at her papers he noticed there was something wrong. long story short she was inbreed the lady had bred the daughter with her own father! We stuck by solo as vet said once she was 11 months he could operate and that she was in no pain. how ever rspca took the lady to court she was banned from keeping animals for life. but still didnt help us with solo. She went down hill very quickly in the space of one month we spent £1300 on vet fees. it got to the point where i would carry her every where and she just loved cuddles on the sofa with me 24-7. i woke upp in the night to her crying she had been sick and there was blood in it so rushed her to vets where he said it was time to say good bye so we had her put to sleep i held her in my arms as they did it and she licked my face as if to say thank you mum she knew it was coming. after that vet told us that it wasnt just her bones her insides and organs were deformed. it was evil what that lady did and feel she should have suffered more for her doing, 5 puppys were in that litter and not one of them made it to the 1st birthday. although it was heart breaking i wouldn't change a day with solo she was my baby and i loved her like my own just wished she could have had the better life quilaty she so much diserved! gallery_1326_7_124505.jpg

post-1235-13585947669112_thumb.jpg

post-1235-13585947669753_thumb.jpg

1.bmp

My heart goes out to you. That is such a sad, sad outcome. May Solo rest in peace and may she run free. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

• 6 months later...

It breaks my heart to see what you have gone through. That woman should be brought out into the middle of town and beat. How DARE she try to breed and sell puppies like that; the poor darlings can't help their health any more than we can as infants. It's just so wrong. You're an angel for sticking with her so close like that till the end. She was a beautiful little girl. She can run free from pain now with the love you gave in her heart.