Pics Of Your Dogs. . . Right Now

Andy

Andy, or anyone.....have you had any experience with Huskies residing with smaller dogs....? Moosey the Pug was a rescue 5 years ago and we rescued Ana 5 weeks ago...intercepted her on her way to the dogs home..... OMG can them pair argue!! It worries me because while Ana is currently small'ish she is going to get bigger and I am concerned that she will get so tired of Moosey bossing her around she will 'turn' 

We have had many large dogs that we have rescued...but Moosey is our first rescued Pug and Ana our first rescued Husky....

Bev

Not with Small and large dogs but Echo (white German Shepherd) and Darwin (husky)

Fought tooth and nail blood and guts for 2 years before they settled down and became friends.

Patience is a virtue.

I think what you are going through is just Alpha / pack  sorting problems

Both want to be boss and neither will give in.

Sometimes it takes a few fights until one or the other gives in.

• Like 1

Huskies aren't generally aggressive so won't 'kick off' just for the hell of it.  They do play hard though and usually with a lot of noise, so it can look and sound worse than it is.  

I'd imagine once they realise they are going to be living with each other they will get on and you'll probably find inseperable.  There are many husky owners on here that have other breeds of dog as well as huskies, all seem to get on great :)

• Like 1

I'm presupposing Ana is female what gender is moosey? I ask because I had an issue with two females: Ivanna and Alexa. Alexa's a white wannabe alpha female extreme. She used to lift her leg and immediately mark over the spot the boy just marked! I tried for three years to get she and Ivanna to get along but Alexa wanted none of it, one day while I was outside the fence, Alexa laid into Ivanna and literally stripped the flesh off the bottom half of Ivanna;s left front leg. Took two surgeries to get her back together. I had to re-home Alexa. I was told by a canine behaviorist that females tend to be more scrappy than the males. My case I'm thinking was an extreme example. My advice is to keep a sharp eye on the two if they are females, If one is a male (moosey) and Ana female they will work out the differences if they are both female, they may or may not, I'd just keep an eye on them and watch to see if over the next few months the aggression does or doesn't escalate, if it looks like it's decreasing over the next 4-8 weeks breathe a sigh of relief. If it is escalating either look into obedience school, or if it begins to feel really dicey re-homing one or the other. I hope it doesn't come to the re-homing. Hopefully it's a boy-girl alpha thing and they will work it out. All the best, I hope this will have a happy ending for all.

Carmen OFM  

• Like 1

Carmen, Ana is a female 17 weeks and Moosey is a boy 6 years old..... I have been there before with 2 bitches, I rescued an 8 month old Rottweiler when our Rottweiler was 18 months old, they lived together wonderfully for 6 years then all of a sudden started fighting.... we tried to handle it for a year and then I got bitten and ended up in hospital having nerves reattached in in fingers.....Luckily, and I say luckily because this broke my heart, my Dad had the youngest so we still had visiting rights etc....  :) 

Also had the problem with 2 male's..... :( 

Moosey is nasty....he has always been okay with bitches and Pugs (my Mom has two little female Pugs) I think he is just racist and hates anything that isn't a Pug.
I am having to watch for flash points and be one step ahead of them both....Ana isn't the instigator Moosey is but she will defend herself *sigh* 
We will persevere. Ana has had a horrible beginning (we are her third home  :angry:
 ) 
Thank you for your replies and thank you to the person who started this post, I have really loved looking at all these wonderful and majestic dogs 

Bev

Carmen, Ana is a female 17 weeks and Moosey is a boy 6 years old..... I have been there before with 2 bitches, I rescued an 8 month old Rottweiler when our Rottweiler was 18 months old, they lived together wonderfully for 6 years then all of a sudden started fighting.... we tried to handle it for a year and then I got bitten and ended up in hospital having nerves reattached in in fingers.....Luckily, and I say luckily because this broke my heart, my Dad had the youngest so we still had visiting rights etc....  :) 

Also had the problem with 2 male's..... :( 

Moosey is nasty....he has always been okay with bitches and Pugs (my Mom has two little female Pugs) I think he is just racist and hates anything that isn't a Pug.

I am having to watch for flash points and be one step ahead of them both....Ana isn't the instigator Moosey is but she will defend herself *sigh* 

We will persevere. Ana has had a horrible beginning (we are her third home  :angry: ) 

Thank you for your replies and thank you to the person who started this post, I have really loved looking at all these wonderful and majestic dogs 

Bev

Thanks to you too for sharing pics of your beautiful doggies :) don't be shy to start a new thread anytime you have another question x 

• Like 1

Jelly watching kids playing outside in the culdesac...

Pretty sure she's one of those creepers.. I turned around from my comp and she been sitting there for 15 minutes just staring at them...  LOL  (Watching her prey ;) ... HEHEHE)

post-7701-0-62396100-1398211876_thumb.jp

• Like 3