Getting it off my chest

Sarah

I only joined the forum in September and had the pleasure of October camp, where I met the lovely [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] and all of the other members and staff who attended. I find it unbelievable that someone would be so childish and stamp their feet because they didn't feel welcome or felt that not enough attention was paid to them. I, for one, enjoyed myself immensely and although I was a little bit shy (yes, that was me being shy!) I felt welcomed by all the staff I encountered that I hadn't met before and tried to say hi to everyone else as I do like to put a face to a name :)

This forum is defo my second home now, nearly 800 posts in 3 months proves it I reckon, and I think you all do a fantastic job organising camp and running this place for all of us 'crazies'. I know this was a few days ago and I can't believe I missed the original posting but [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] don't you let them upset you. If they do I will find an inflatable **** and beat them with it!!! Just like October camp :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Iowa Camp isn't nearly as big as the UK camps, I know from organizing it for the past two years that I don't have enough time during the duration to spend the time I'd like to with those attending, so I can't imagine how it must be for you.

Folks, if you think organizing a camp of any size is easy, think again. And when camp arrives, organizers are still busy keeping things happening - there's activities to keep on schedule, tracking of auction items, meals, photos to be taken, poop to be picked up because I seen it first, and so much more. It's tough finding time to spend the time you'd like with those who come to take part.

My biggest "complaint" about Iowa Camp has always been not having enough time to spend with everyone. (And then throw in that the camp is organized so that humans and their huskies can share some quality time....but because those organizing the event have to keep it going - we sometimes don't even get to enjoy that with our own huskies as much as we'd like.)

I always try very hard to get together with everyone who comes to Iowa Camp. It's just not always easy.

I wouldn't worry too much [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION]. Let those complaining walk a mile in your shoes........

I love husky owners! I love [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] ... Not to sure on that [MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] :P haha

Anyway camps are always great even when I didn't know you to well whoever is moaning is silly and you should take no notice atall! They are on holiday as well as you! What was stopping you going and joining in? They are friendly and welcoming and always do their best to make camps a great holiday for us all!

I fully look forward to the next camp!

I drove 3 hours a few times to go see Sarah, Marc at tony and Suzanne's that's how I got to know them I even had my birthday up north as they are such fun people to be around :)

Keep up the good work Sarah! And to you Marc and the rest of the staff! :)

@Sarah use the ban button and get rid of them to many a###holes in the world of huskies thinking they are better than others and chatting s### well bulls### we all are born the same way and we will all die so stop slagging off and f###off

This is my year of take no crap so bewere

Edited by The Anarchistic Huskies

Bottom line .... Saz & Marc, Dunc & Sue don't HAVE to arrange camp each year (now TWICE a year) they could just be PC warriors & leave everyone to do their own thing, but they wanted to arrange something where members can get together, meet face to face with others they talk to on here & make it worthwhile, as in a full weekend / week so people aren't travelling long distances for a 2 hour walk then going home, cos as you all know, people just wouldn't do that!

I don't agree with banning and getting in people's faces, it makes the matter worse but if people aren't happy, speak up TO THE RELEVANT PEOPLE ON HERE - not keep it in your little group .... better still, YOU arrange camp next October, seeing as May's has already been arranged. You pull it all together & organise the event (food / awards / games / competitions / raffles / walks / etc, etc). You will then realise people can't split themselves in 4 & get around everyone.

Or EVEN BETTER - arrange a "UK members visits USA for camp" camp, then I'll really be a fan! ;)

With so many members here it's unavoidable that sometimes something goes wrong between two members, either due to a certain action or some misunderstanding. We've all been there. However, talk about it to the other, sort the issue out between you two and continue living. Don't be the coward and start gossiping behind the other's back. If there's anything that destroys the friendly mood throughout our community that you apparently like so much, it's not that person you have problems with, it's YOU. Grow up and act your age. If you can't then this is simply not your place. We're a public forum with responsible adults, not a kindergarten.

[MENTION=2355]BlueWolf[/MENTION] You are absolutely right about misunderstandings, actions and gossip.... In our appetite for gossip, we tend to gobble down everything before us, only to find, too late, that it is our ideals we have consumed, and we have not been enlarged by the feasts but only diminished.....We read each and everyone's post, everyone stated something of value....and as we have stated in the past..."To agree to disagree, to harness diversity, to respect dissent; perhaps this is the real essence of the Husky Owner's Forum.......

Having arranged Metal Detecting Rallies here in the S.E for up to 300+ people and that included 3 days camping and entertainment including Prizes. My heart goes out to Sarah and Mark as I know the pit falls and how much energy they have put into it. You always get the bad apple element who slag you off just to cause trouble. I have not been to a Husky Camp yet but from what I have read about them Sarah and Marc can walk with there heads up high for what they have done. If people wanted to meet me at my rallies they would seek me out as I never had time to go round every one saying "Hi I'm Ron" I was to busy organising things. So Sarah don't take it to heart what a few idiots have said. :angry2:..........Ron

[MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] I've only met you once, which was at the Oct Husky Camp, but I could tell that you were doing a million other things, but still found time to chat to me & Sy.

You can't please everyone, and you can guarantee that there will always be one that spoils it. Don't let them get to you.

You have all made both myself and Sy feel welcome on here, and also find time to run not only this forum, but the camps and organise events too. All this, and you do this out of love and passion and not for profit. I raise my hat to you all, as without this place, I would not have found a bunch of like-minded people that I can call friends.

I would love, that maybe one day, I could join your team and help out more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, wasn't expecting all that, thank you all xx

I really try and remember as many names and faces as I possibly can - i might call you something totally different but i'll recognise you lol ( old age setting in early)

Slightly apprehensive about may camp this year but will do my best to make it even better than the last one :D

Well what rubbish!

All the staff on here bend over backwards to make sure the newbies (and oldies) are welcome and having fun!

[MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] i know this site has helped loads of people and changed loads of lives (for the better) when it comes to dogs and owners! So don't let a few bad comments bring you down :)

This site rocks! :clap: