Goodbye Echo...

Just over 13 years ago, I sold a female puppy to a good friend of mine - my Ginger's sister. Echo was a tall, gangly girl, very racy (their father was the first US show champion to finish the Iditarod Sled Dog Race) - people often teased Jill she had a coyote, not a Siberian! She took that gawky, high-spirited girl, and worked with her in obedience, agility, and tracking, with great success. Part was Echo's willingness to please and love of working with her human, part was Jill's fantastic ability to think like a dog and teach them. About 6 months or so ago, Echo was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, I believe it was, and yesterday, Jill slipped Echo's lead peacefully at home, and let her run free at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm grateful that she gave my girl such a wonderful home and life - and saddened both because I know what a gap will be in my friend's life, and because I know that Ginny will soon follow... Run, Echo! Run!!!

post-1869-13586043084522_thumb.jpg

U-AGII Sutula's Windswept Echo VCD1, CD,TD, MX, MXJ

1/11/1999 - 3/17/2012

Goodbye sweet girl. Thanks for the journey. It was quite a trip, although it did not last long enough.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, she was a beautiful girl and sounds like an incredible dog! I'm so sorry to hear about her.. may she R.I.P. and run free :rainbowbridge:

She was an incredible dog - and Jill is an incredible trainer and handler! When Echo would walk into a big, open agility ring (as opposed to a more compact, cramped one), she'd really come alive! She was incredibly fast, and with a larger course where she could really apply that speed, she was in her element! Jill beat an awful lot of dogs with her at all-breed trials, and if she'd stayed in an area where she could have hit more agility trials, would likely have quickly earned her Master Agility Championship...

I feel when a dog, so loved and accomplished as Echo, passes over, there must be a greater need on the other side. It's still sad to let them go. Run free Echo, run free.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.