Member Promoted

Sarah

Another nice thing to post :)

As you all know - we've all been following the journey of Chukchi - who now has a new name Eponine. (See this thread http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/chukchi-eponine.25876/ )

I'm sure you'll all agree @Cathy has gone way above and beyond the call of duty in getting Eponine to her new home with Stephanie @Fox Tink & Eponine

As an example alone - Cathy traveled over 950 miles to take this girl to her special home!

Words cannot even begin to describe the effort that has been put in by both these amazingly wonderful people and i wish i could do more than what i'm doing now.

I've promoted @Cathy to site sponsor on the forum to show our appreciation to what she's done. Stephanie is already a site sponsor so i cannot do this particular thing, however there will be a special something in the post to you to welcome your new girl into your home.

To both of you - you truly have shown such care and put yourselves out tremendously for this special girl, I know everyone has thoroughly been captivated by her journey and I hope that she gives you many years of joy Steph.

A big AWWOOOOOOO to you both xxx

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give an idea of the distance travelled to our uk members who are not sure of distance. Its like driving Lands end to John O Groats and then driving another 100 Miles on top.

@Cathy, you know I have been a fan of yours since you took Big D to your heart ;):P but this is something else - and Stephanie, who'd have known where Eponine would be without you opening your home & making her part of your pack ... @Trey, Chukchi will never want for anything, you know that & it has been great that we've all been able to follow & share this remarkable journey with you all .... Thank You!!

To give an idea of the distance travelled to our uk members who are not sure of distance. Its like driving Lands end to John O Groats and then driving another 100 Miles on top.

wow I knew it was a long way but didn't realise it was just as far, well deserved promotion.

I ran around this morning doing walks...took a drive into Luxemberg to drop off Eponine's information with her new vet, and went by city hall to get her license (a steal at $8)

This morning was sooo rough, Fox was a total crack head about things...there was a very brief bit of time where I was wondering if I'd made the right choice, or if I'd be enduring snarling gnashing for months on end until they decided to get on in the house as well as they do out of the house....so I tried to figure out spastic behavior on my own and when that didn't seem to work...I was able to come to Husky-Owners to get not only advise...but useful awesome it actually worked advise from other owners of the breed who've much much more experience than I do...I know my husband and I had originally intended on getting a rescue from an agency...but this girl needed us and the timing was just great...without this site I surely would have been lost when Fox exhibited the same behavior with a different dog.

@Sid&BellaNTX for going the extra mile when we were trying to get a convoy to put someone in touch with us who was willing to take on a leg of the journey, @26nikita for volunteering to drive a leg of the journey when we were trying to work out a convoy sorta thing

@Trey , Thank you so much for holding on to her as long as you did, for realizing that she wasn't the dog for your family, and for convincing your parents to hold off on sending her off to a shelter so that she could make it up here...we're truely blessed.

@Cathy My family won't ever be able to thank you enough for everything you've done to help us add Eponine to our home...the emails, the updates, the baths and the poopie moments, vet trips, late nights and generally rearranged life whilst you fostered, the willingness to offer up your plane for transport and when that didn't look like it was going to work out...your willingness to drive her all the way to our front door and to spend a bit of time with our family before you went back to your actual vacation in Oshkosh....and well you know the rest. I really do hope that at some point in time we'll be able to visit again at a Husky meet stateside, and at this point in time you've made it onto the family Christmas card list, and I really hope that I've made a lifelong friend. The kids have already asked when we'll see you again and my oldest daughter really wants to meet Dakota. I really hope that all of your experiences with P&P are rewarding, and I reaaaaaally hope your poor plane gets fixed soon.

:huskyrocks: <----I really think in the end that says it all, because without this forum, the chances of any of us crossing paths would have been astronomical

P.S.

I know this is a dog forum...the quality for the clip below isn't so great...really if you want to hear a good version you can rent Les Miserables and the 25th anniversary edition (which is this version)...but this is the character who actually inspired Eponine's name change.

This particular portion she's singing about the man she loves...who doesn't return her love at all or even look at her in THAT sort of way...later she ends up saving not only his life but the life of the woman HE loves because she's just that sort of selfless awesome with her love. In the end the story overall is that no one is beyond redemption but...well my husband and I never liked the way that HER story ends...so this is our chance to give Eponine her own happily ever after...

ThL0cvzwnsU

It is absolutely so nice to know there are people left in this World, who truly care. Well deserved. I'm sure all the Huskies around the World are giving each of you all the woo-woos they can muster up.

Oh my gosh ...

All ya'll are gonna make me cry ...

For starters, let me say that I didn't do much -- I was planning on vacationing up this way anyway. And, actually, the way things have worked out (with my other half possibly not making it here at all this year), I may not have come this year had it not been for the dog. And, trust me, my life would not have been nearly as enriched. Like I said in another post, I'm still trying to sort out how to put into words how meaningful this has been to me.

To sit here solo at my campsite after a nice day at the airshow and read that Sarah has promoted me to give me the "Super S" (that's what I call it, it reminds me of Superman!) ... I think back to weeks ago when people were hurtful to Sarah to the point that she quit, and how bummed I was thinking that she would not be around to see what her site, her COMMUNITY, made possible ... . I don't know, it's just amazing that what is essentially nothing but a bunch of 1s and 0s in computer speak really does have real, living, breathing people on the other end and that you can come to care about what happens with them without ever having met. Thanks, Sarah, I really, really am touched by this gesture.

And as for Stephanie's post -- girl, you hit it on the head. I was sitting here wondering last night, would it creep them out if I sent them Christmas cards? Would I sound like a weirdo if I asked about the kids? Stephanie, I was so enchanted by your family ... not being a parent, I don't know what it takes to raise such amazing kids, but you're a rock star in my book.

I dunno.I really don't know how to put into words how grateful I am to everybody and how much all this has meant. I've always wanted to help animals in need ... I used to have a little money taken out of my paycheck each month to donate to shelters ... then I learned that the service that does the paycheck deductions takes a cut, so I stopped, vowing to donate cash whenever shelters were doing fundraising. I did that for awhile, but then couldn't help but wonder if dishonest people ever stole cash from the collection jar. So then I thought maybe I could domsomething else, maybe foster, maybe transport ... something. Everything just fell into place for me to help on this one, and, like I tried in vain to point out, the human aspect that I gained from it far outweighed any effort I put into it. I am glad Eponine made her way home (though those pups better get their act together -- geez!). I started this journey because I cared about a dog. I ended this journey caring about people.

Been trying to figure out what to say all day, so whatever:

You definitely deserve the status. I know you were planning the trip to osh', but still. The fact that you went well out of your way to help a dog in need, for people you didn't even know. Deserves recognition. I really don't know what else to say, you made it a LOT easier for both me a Stephanie.

I know what you mean, having studied electrical circuits, binary, CPUs and have been trying to develop marble based binary computer from what I've learned (I'll let you know how that pans out :P ), as well as having a general understanding of how computer work, I find it amazing how you can push a bunch of buttons, have that streamed over millions of digits, represented by either 0 volts or 1.5 (5? I don't remember...) volts. Can turn into people driving across the country for a dog :)

I feel the same way, I'd love to keep in touch. Feel free to send Christmas cards here :P. Or fly over if you get enough courage to step out of what your insurance covers :P.

Oh, and while your there... if you meet an english man named Richard, who owns a chipmunk, tell him Trey says Hi. He probably won't have the plane with him though, he's in the same boat as you.

Trey.