think i've done this right?

Hello Allrolleyes.gif

I am new on here and I'm unsure what to do as I'm not technical (compterwise) so registered and didn't know how to get on hereblink.gif so I'm really hoping this works! We don't have a Husky as yet but are really interested in rehoming one, we at present have a cross Springer/Chocolate Lab - we call him a 'Springerdor' called Ollie, he is ridiculously handsome and turned 4 at the beginning of this month. I was pointed in the direction of this website by someone on here in conversation on the phone and have been popping in here for weeks and finally got the courage to come say 'hi'biggrin.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Michelle welcome to the pack :)

I see you're in Manchester, we're having a meet up on Bank Holiday Monday at 2pm at heaton park - sheepfoot lane entrance if you want to come along and meet some of us and our fur babies - can ask loads of questions and if you want can walk my boys :D

Hi, welcome. . .as you haven't got your first Husky yet

go to th Main Chat section of the forum and look for the pinned article

'So you're thinking of getting a Husky'

it lists the good and bad points everything you need to consider before getting in too deep.

Hey welcome to the forum! Do lots of research on huskies before you decide to get one cool.gif they are a lot of hard work but if you know what your getting yourself into they are more then worth it! Life would not be the same with out a husky that is for sure! biggrin.gif If you need anything or have any questions feel free to ask!

Hey Michelle, welcome to the Pack! Lots of great members here and loads of information on Huskies. Good luck in your search.

Hi and welcome to the mad house! Good on you for geting on here and doing your research before committing to the wonderful breed... Getting your first husky is such an exciting thing its not really like getting a dog its more like having your first child.. you fuss over everything to get everything just right, you worry about your pups first night and settling in, you read everything that has husky in the title, you spend hours going around husky proofing your house and garden (and they still manage to find sumthing they shouldnt) and you love you little pup with every fiber of your being as soon as you pick him/her up and they fall asleep on your shoulder.. thats it your hooked for life! And what a life! Wouldnt be without one now thats for sure! biggrin.gif Anyways now Im waffling! SO just look around here learn how to navigate (it gets easier!) and if you dont find what your looking for just ask! smile.gif

hey

good luck in finding your new husky friend, as long as you do lots of research and can handle the bad stuff that comes with huskies

then you should be ok, look around the forum and look at the posts, you will find many questions that you will be needing or wanting to ask!!!

but please do not rush into this decision lightly as their are far too many huskies needing to be rehomed due to people not researching and then the dogs end up unwanted and not cared for properly.

if you do take the plunge then welcome to our online family and we hope to see you posting pix and coming to meets!!!!

kelly

OMG Thank you all so much, I got really choked up reading all your welcomes laugh.gif I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and 'come on in'. I am actively looking for our husky and we are ready for all the highligts and the lowlights . I must admit when we first rescued 'Ollie' from our neigbours next door he was no angel (he was 7 months old and ruling the roost) - came home one day from work to find he had trashed the hallway taking care to select one of my son's dvd's and X-box games to chew amongst other things - and poor 'Boo' (my son's dog) sitting in the corner denying all responsiblility to what trauma had taken place there (we just knew anyway that it all had nothing to do with Boo) - Ollie looked particularly guilty at this point and legged it (upstairs). But all that was in 2006 and with dedication, love and time he has turned in to a wonderful family member and companion. We will try and make it to Heaton Park on Mondaybiggrin.gif .

Hi Michelle welcome to the pack :)

I see you're in Manchester, we're having a meet up on Bank Holiday Monday at 2pm at heaton park - sheepfoot lane entrance if you want to come along and meet some of us and our fur babies - can ask loads of questions and if you want can walk my boys :D

Just make sure you wear your running shoes! :lol:

Welcome to the pack, Michelle, hope you find everything you want to know about being owned by a husky, if not, post up & ask, someone is usually around to help out! :D

awww sarahs boys arent that bad - compared 2 my blaze they are a dream 2 walk :D

welcome to the pack :) u MUST post some pics up ov ollie and ur husky when u get 1 ;) any questions u need feel free 2 post up every1 on here is rly friendly and helpful :) - also if you go 2 heaton park - its husky-owners forum rules to take a camera and take AS MANY PICS AS POSSIBLE!!!! lol :)

UPDATE! Thanks again everyone for your warm welcome and it was really nice meeting you guys at Heaton Park on Bank Holiday Monday. A quick update since Bes (my hubby), Ollie and I met you ..... well things happened so fast really .... went on the Pet4home site on Wednesday (5/05/2010) to find Huskies for rehome in the Manchester area with a telephone number ..... so I rang ..... like you would really. A lady answer and said she had two huskies for rehome - both together - brother and sister but they had to go together, I rang Bes and we arranged to go and see them that night - poor things were dirty and thin - but so beautiful - they were in a yard with cars and junkangry.gif . We talked about it and decided that we were the right people to offer them a forever home even if we had in the beginning only been searching for 1, we were supposed to be picking them up on Friday (7th) but rang us on the Thursday and said they needed them out immediately, so Bes picked them up on Thursday night (dirty and smelling of poo!)and hey presto we now have the two!biggrin.gif Well after a quick bath (Thursday) and 6 hours of brushing this morning (Saturday)our huskies are absolutely stunningrolleyes.gif Quite frankly, I can't understand why our gorgeous babies were 1, kept in a car yard, and 2, why would anyone want to give them away!sad.gif Anyway, Bes has been taking lots of pictures so hopefully will 'pop' them on here soon........... and we all lived happily ever afterlaugh.gif

That is such fantastic news. . . laugh.gif

Well done for taking on TWO !!!

Y'know we are gagging for the fotos.

Can't wait to meet your new owners.. . . lol

wow you have really jumped in at the deep end lol, well done for taking on two, sounds like they really needed a new loving home, if you need to know anything at all you will find someone on here will have the answer, good luck and cant wait to see pics :D

There was something I did need to ask as we were unprepared for the speed of things was the right food to buy for them especially as the twins seem to like the opposite of each other taste - so what can I get to please them both do you think?

what are they eating atm? personally i think barf is the way to go if possible, ive recently changed mine over from bakers dry food onto chicken wings and different types of mince, they have both gained weight and have shiny fur and are generally not as hyper and snappy with eachother, they wont touch offel atm but im working on it, we have a very helpful member who done me a diet sheet for each of them and im really pleased with the results, its not expensive either it only costs me about £12 - 15 a week to feed both of them from asda but it can be done a lot cheaper if you check local butchers, i got a weeks worth of beef/lamb/pork scraps and offel for £4 but they wouldnt eat it cos of the offel, fussy buggers lol