Hey people

Hey people, new guy over here but not new to Huskies, I've had a cross breed Husky with Akita and now I have a Staffy Cross Husky (with blue eyes and staffy colour)

I was just asking, is there anyway I can get a blood line DNA Test on him? I wanna know what blood lines he has (not for breeding purposes, he's been doctored, first thing I did when I had him) I wanted to know because he's a little gremlin and fast as anything.......

Here's a pic of my little Gremlin, his name is Roscoe.

IMG_1742.JPG

Another photo of him for a better look

IMG_2891.JPG

• Like 2

First and foremost  :welcomepack: .        :wow: a Staffsky. A friend of mine has 2 of these and goes bikejoring with them. Unbelievably quick and the stamina they have is unreal. Can't really help with the bloodline DNA test but good luck with him. Lovely  dog.

Gary.

There are a couple of DNA organisations I know:

Wisdom Panel are UK based http://www.wisdompanel.co.uk/

DNA my dog are Canadian based (so cost is CDN$)  http://dnamydog.com/

We used DNA My Dog and got the results we expected - Wisdom Panel is said to be better. However, I would say that neither are absolutely accurate - they depend on determining specific markers which may exist across a number of breeds (and I've seen some results which just aren't credible at all - even if suggesting from a couple of generations back)

Hidden

Unfortunately there are not any good DNA tests available. They are expensive but really just for fun. Your guesses are just as accurate as anything. 
There are no 'blood line' tests, only familial tests. Though I suppose theoretically you could find distantly related dogs.

• 5 years later...
On 8/24/2016 at 7:40 AM, J666LOE said:

Hey people, new guy over here but not new to Huskies, I've had a cross breed Husky with Akita and now I have a Staffy Cross Husky (with blue eyes and staffy colour)

I was just asking, is there anyway I can get a blood line DNA Test on him? I wanna know what blood lines he has (not for breeding purposes, he's been doctored, first thing I did when I had him) I wanted to know because he's a little gremlin and fast as anything.......

Here's a pic of my little Gremlin, his name is Roscoe.

IMG_1742.JPG

Another photo of him for a better look

IMG_2891.JPG

My dog looks exactly like yours but I'm not sure how to post a pic.