Husky Owners Fat Club

Sarah

I'm suffering with sugar cravings always as I only have sweetener etc but I've started taking the supplement chromium picolinate from holland and barrett past two days and cravings are virtually gone x they are to support maintenance of blood glucose and I was told to try them from a friend seem to be working for me x

• Like 1

I'm suffering with sugar cravings always as I only have sweetener etc but I've started taking the supplement chromium picolinate from holland and barrett past two days and cravings are virtually gone x they are to support maintenance of blood glucose and I was told to try them from a friend seem to be working for me x

Brilliant I'll try that
  • Like 1

I eat things like potatoes, pasta, all varietys of meat, vegwtables, chocolate, puddings with custard , porridge

All sorts really

I used to be able to eat what I want when I want up until about 5 years ago x I even drank protein shakes as well as food just to gain a little has was always very thin size 6/8..... then I quit smoking and ballooned over year or so so I started smoking again but kept the weight lol ..... started slimming world got back down to size 8 stayed there for year then stopped going and now back to size 14 hence why started again x

I've been feeling extremely sick for about a month over xmas and new year period and couldn't eat more than the odd mouthful here and there. Almost passed out a few times but the good news is I've lost most of the weight I put on whilst quitting smoking.....not sure I'd recommend getting sick as a viable weight loss option though!

• Like 1

I haven't lost anything this week which isn't surprising because I've had a particularly rubbish week all round, but at least I didn't put on! Must try harder next week, the wedding is only 8 months away......

Edit: just written down in my diary my non weight loss for this week to find that actually I have a lost 1lb, BOOM! Happy Friday to me :0)

Edited by Carly

I've put some on the past couple of weeks so im happy :) Still want more though but im just glad im back to what i feel is a more normal size for myself as i lost alot after my mum died and its taken a good month to get back to almost "normal" :)

I can just eat so much and not put it on so im trying to eat even more than what i normally eat to attempt to put just even a little bit more on lol i am a size 6 currently i have never been able to get any bigger than that!

I've put some on the past couple of weeks so im happy :) Still want more though but im just glad im back to what i feel is a more normal size for myself as i lost alot after my mum died and its taken a good month to get back to almost "normal" :)

I can just eat so much and not put it on so im trying to eat even more than what i normally eat to attempt to put just even a little bit more on lol i am a size 6 currently i have never been able to get any bigger than that!

Paul used to be very thin too.  He's still thin but not so much, as he got older (he's only 35 but let's call him old coz he's not here to tell me off, ha ha) his metabolism slowed down and even though he eats less now than he used to, he still puts on weight in various places relatively easily.   He used to eat 4 meals a day and then pick up a large pizza from dominoe's as a snack and eat it all for himself!   Not sure whether that counts as a talent or not, lol. 

Paul used to be very thin too.  He's still thin but not so much, as he got older (he's only 35 but let's call him old coz he's not here to tell me off, ha ha) his metabolism slowed down and even though he eats less now than he used to, he still puts on weight in various places relatively easily.   He used to eat 4 meals a day and then pick up a large pizza from dominoe's as a snack and eat it all for himself!   Not sure whether that counts as a talent or not, lol. 

Haha thats the sort of thing i do! I have portions big enough for two people and ill still be hungry again around an hour after eating it :o lol

• Like 1

Oh I'll have to speak to my doctor so as I'm on mood stabilizers and finding my mental health a struggle lately so don't want to rock the boat

Same here but found they haven't affected as yet but different for everybody so just double check x also think it's the winter time tbf I'm always ten times worse then and mainly hybernate lol x

I've been feeling extremely sick for about a month over xmas and new year period and couldn't eat more than the odd mouthful here and there. Almost passed out a few times but the good news is I've lost most of the weight I put on whilst quitting smoking.....not sure I'd recommend getting sick as a viable weight loss option though!

Hope you're on the mend now x
  • Like 2

Same here but found they haven't affected as yet but different for everybody so just double check x also think it's the winter time tbf I'm always ten times worse then and mainly hybernate lol x

Hope you're on the mend now x

Also Alan has gone to Germany for work so it could b because his gone but I don't think so all I want to do is sleep

Also Alan has gone to Germany for work so it could b because his gone but I don't think so all I want to do is sleep

Same x my partner works away from Monday to Friday/Saturday and kids never home so I tend to sleep alot ..... mind you I'm a night owl and stay awake til early hours so may explain alot lol x
  • Like 1

Same x my partner works away from Monday to Friday/Saturday and kids never home so I tend to sleep alot ..... mind you I'm a night owl and stay awake til early hours so may explain alot lol x

I've been trying to get to bed at a descent hour but it's so hard I went to bed at 12 last night was up at 8 and just feel so tired I deliberately got myself out the house so I wouldn't sleep n now all I want to do is go home and sleep

I find this time of year really hard to get motivated, I'm definately affected by the lack of sun light. Even simple indoor jobs I find hard to do but once the sun is out I'm chomping at the bit.

My hubby is away working at the moment and I find I eat less, am happy to just eat whatever. My youngest son has a 3 course dinner at college, so he's quite happy having something on toast in the evening. When my hubby comes home, we tend to cook quite a lot and drink lots of wine, hence always gaining weight :(  Plus the dog walking duties are cut in half, as we do it together rather than just me on my own.  So far this week I've walked 40km!  Still got this afternoon to go :(

I've been trying to get to bed at a descent hour but it's so hard I went to bed at 12 last night was up at 8 and just feel so tired I deliberately got myself out the house so I wouldn't sleep n now all I want to do is go home and sleep

Sounds like me all over I just want to sleep 24 hrs a day

I find this time of year really hard to get motivated, I'm definately affected by the lack of sun light. Even simple indoor jobs I find hard to do but once the sun is out I'm chomping at the bit.

My hubby is away working at the moment and I find I eat less, am happy to just eat whatever. My youngest son has a 3 course dinner at college, so he's quite happy having something on toast in the evening. When my hubby comes home, we tend to cook quite a lot and drink lots of wine, hence always gaining weight :( Plus the dog walking duties are cut in half, as we do it together rather than just me on my own. So far this week I've walked 40km! Still got this afternoon to go :(

I purchased a (s a d s) lamp and used it last winter constantly but didn't help at all but like you in the summer I'm full of energy x also my daughter practically lives at her bf eats sleeps showers etc my son typical 16 yr old out on his motorbike with friends and my partner not here so I don't eat all day as only me tgen tend to have one big meal in evening and pick x

I watched an interesting programme about weight/lifestyle - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc. The presenter did a 4 week exercise 'regime' (called (RE)HIT) and improved his insulin sensitivity (helps with sugar and fat). The regime was 3 sessions in a week, with each session consisting of 3 bursts of cycling as fast as possible for 20 seconds, with gentle cycling before/between the bursts. For most people, this will also improve general fitness but this bit didn't work for the presenter (as predicted by the scientist's genetic test before he started). There is an article about the programme here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17177251 - and a more detailed explanation of the exercise regime here - http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/242498.php.

Sounds like me all over I just want to sleep 24 hrs a day

I purchased a (s a d s) lamp and used it last winter constantly but didn't help at all but like you in the summer I'm full of energy x also my daughter practically lives at her bf eats sleeps showers etc my son typical 16 yr old out on his motorbike with friends and my partner not here so I don't eat all day as only me tgen tend to have one big meal in evening and pick x

I don't really have a weight problem but I should be more toned for the amount of exercise I do. Trouble is, as you say, I tend to pick and have a large meal in the evening.  For example last night I had a good meal of pizza and salad, then after I scoffed a load of cashew nuts.  I wasn't even hungry, just felt the need to scoff.  I'm 5'3" and approx 57kg, would like to get to around 54/55. I walk on average 10km a day, so I don't understand whats going on.  I'm 44 years old and have had 3 children, I guess I'm just eating too much :(

Clare,

You may want to watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02ddsv0/whats-the-right-diet-for-you-a-horizon-special-episode-1 and the next 2 episodes as they talk about diets for snackers (I only saw episode 3 where they explained the diets for different types of overweight people but there may be more details in the earlier episodes).

lost another pound this week...according to my weight loss app thingy, to reach my goal weight by the wedding i need to lose a pound a week so i guess i am doing just fine.... :woohoo:  

and also, NO princess juice at all this week, well done me.... :up:

• Like 2

Well joined slimming world AGAIN two weeks ago and been to two weigh in's and gained a pound each time [emoji24] but saying that haven't even tried so been trying hard since Tuesday weigh in so fingers crossed I do better this Tuesday coming [emoji120]