Husky Owners Fat Club

Sarah

Good to hear your still making sure you're getting exercise. Lol our boys were like that when I take them on the Heath. How about the diet?

I forgot to add, I know it's not really weight loss or gain related but I've started training for my next running challenge. Still not set a date yet though but I'm going to run the distance of a half marathon every day for a month (31 days). It'll be a total of 654.1km (406.4 miles) in a month!

My knee and hip must be back to normal! Ran 21.8km today with no pains and my time is coming back to normal again, very happy me today, now I just need to remember not to drink too much water straight afterwards, so I don't then feel sick all afternoon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still sticking to my calories - i actually find that part easy :)  I use my fitness Pal app to log everything :)

That running challenge sounds insane! 

Well done every body..... Not sure I'm doing to well... Blame the cold I had.... :-(

I only had 4 chocies last night.   Noah made me eat the forth when I would of stopped at  three... so persuasive, "go on mum its only one more...... I'll have a couple more of my doggie choc buttons so you feel better..."  

Has any body noticed when you lose weight you feet get smaller.??? I went from 12 stone after I tore my ligament and could not move around easily to 10 stone when I could start playing squash again and my shoes didn't fit me any more....

• Like 2

well done you!!!!!! :up:

Well done every body..... Not sure I'm doing to well... Blame the cold I had.... :-(

I only had 4 chocies last night.   Noah made me eat the forth when I would of stopped at  three... so persuasive, "go on mum its only one more...... I'll have a couple more of my doggie choc buttons so you feel better..."  

Has any body noticed when you lose weight you feet get smaller.??? I went from 12 stone after I tore my ligament and could not move around easily to 10 stone when I could start playing squash again and my shoes didn't fit me any more....

seriously? your feet shrink when you loose weight? I'm a size 9 - yes 9!!!  or 43 in EU conversion i'd love to shrink 2 sizes lol

• Like 1

Yep my feet. Have def got bigger since I gained weight. Better start wearing the shoes I love but can't wear now and learn to wear them. I stupidly discussed how I love these shoes but can't wear them so wear these to his sister in front of him and later on he was trying to rearrange the bedroom and said throw them out if you don't wear them :o but Alan my mum already made me throw at a bag of shoes 6 months ago! And I'm not even a shoe collector!

I love sweets and trying not to allow them, yes I'm tired, yes I'm stressed, alans ennoying me, I feel good after a workout, I gained 4 lb last week

You sound like me, a real weakness for sweet things!

Sugar is like smoking and alcohol, it's addictive and going cold turkey on it can often be the worst thing to do. Rather than giving it up try to cut down or allow yourself something sweet every other day. Do you have a fruit that you really like? You could replace the sweet with a piece of fruit which contains sugar (naturally occurring) but also many fruits are also rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. My weakness is chocolate and have been having no chocolate at all throughput October and trust me I've been craving it like mad but I've found replacing that chocolate with fruit is making it much easier. Also if you have a binge, calculate how many calories you have through that binge and then get burning those calories off the next day or a few hours after before then continuing with your regular workout routine.

With the weight gain, try not to let it play on your mind. With any journey, you'll have good times and you'll have bad times. You've gotta take the bad with the good. If you gain weight, there's nothing you can do about it apart from move on and try harder next time. I know that's easier said than done, this is where you need to be strong minded and don't be ashamed to ask for help from those close to you.

Stress can be a big factor between loosing weight and gaining weight. Why! I have no clue but I always think it comes down to how your feeling mentally. Have you tried meditation? Sometimes just lying down and focusing on your breathing (deep breath in though the nose, out through the mouth) can really help especially with some relaxing music playing quietly in the background.

I love the feeling after a tough workout, the buzz is brilliant! This is mainly because of the release of endorphins in the brain which make us feel good. I will often go for a long run or have some high intensity interval training (HIIT - which is what I've given to Sarah) if I'm feeling stressed or a little low and that tough work helps clear my mind.

Still sticking to my calories - i actually find that part easy :) I use my fitness Pal app to log everything :)

That running challenge sounds insane!

That's good to hear, remember to look at where the calories are coming from too. Have 80-90% of the total calories from nutrient rich foods each day.

Yeah I know, I'm thinking two years time to do it as it's gonna take some hardcore training!

Lost 4lb whoop

Well done, that's great :D see you can do it, now use that to motivate you through the next week. Best celebration you can do is a well balanced meal and good workout

I only had 4 chocies last night. Noah made me eat the forth when I would of stopped at three... so persuasive, "go on mum its only one more...... I'll have a couple more of my doggie choc buttons so you feel better..."

Has any body noticed when you lose weight you feet get smaller.??? I went from 12 stone after I tore my ligament and could not move around easily to 10 stone when I could start playing squash again and my shoes didn't fit me any more....

Ouch, torn ligaments are so painful! Can't say I've noticed my feet have got smaller but thinking into it. Body fat is everywhere and is deposited all over the body so yeah if you do loose weight your feet could shrink in size. Another cause could be if you have water retention and/or swelling.

Edited by siberian_wolf
  • Like 1

You sound like me, a real weakness for sweet things!

Sugar is like smoking and alcohol, it's addictive and going cold turkey on it can often be the worst thing to do. Rather than giving it up try to cut down or allow yourself something sweet every other day. Do you have a fruit that you really like? You could replace the sweet with a piece of fruit which contains sugar (naturally occurring) but also many fruits are also rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. My weakness is chocolate and have been having no chocolate at all throughput October and trust me I've been craving it like mad but I've found replacing that chocolate with fruit is making it much easier. Also if you have a binge, calculate how many calories you have through that binge and then get burning those calories off the next day or a few hours after before then continuing with your regular workout routine.

With the weight gain, try not to let it play on your mind. With any journey, you'll have good times and you'll have bad times. You've gotta take the bad with the good. If you gain weight, there's nothing you can do about it apart from move on and try harder next time. I know that's easier said than done, this is where you need to be strong minded and don't be ashamed to ask for help from those close to you.

Stress can be a big factor between loosing weight and gaining weight. Why! I have no clue but I always think it comes down to how your feeling mentally. Have you tried meditation? Sometimes just lying down and focusing on your breathing (deep breath in though the nose, out through the mouth) can really help especially with some relaxing music playing quietly in the background.

I love the feeling after a tough workout, the buzz is brilliant! This is mainly because of the release of endorphins in the brain which make us feel good. I will often go for a long run or have some high intensity interval training (HIIT - which is what I've given to Sarah) if I'm feeling stressed or a little low and that tough work helps clear my mind.

That's good to hear, remember to look at where the calories are coming from too. Have 80-90% of the total calories from nutrient rich foods each day.

Yeah I know, I'm thinking two years time to do it as it's gonna take some hardcore training!

Well done, that's great :D see you can do it, now use that to motivate you through the next week. Best celebration you can do is a well balanced meal and good workout

Ouch, torn ligaments are so painful! Can't say I've noticed my feet have got smaller but thinking into it. Body fat is everywhere and is deposited all over the body so yeah if you do loose weight your feet could shrink in size. Another cause could be if you have water retention and/or swelling.

Thanks yea i love fruit i wasnt allowing myself fruit high in sugars and starch but im allowing it now. I have joshs birthday tomorrow, his party saturday, and a friends engagement party that Night, this is gona be a tough week

Yay birthday cake!!!! will be waiting by the door for the postman to deliver my slice... Hope all goes well tomorrow. :D

I only had two chocolates yesterday and now the box has run out... I think this is the cold turkey bit... I will let you know if temptation wins as its my weekly shop to Tesco's to night.....    Its normally the only thing that makes this event happy... :(

Thanks yea i love fruit i wasnt allowing myself fruit high in sugars and starch but im allowing it now. I have joshs birthday tomorrow, his party saturday, and a friends engagement party that Night, this is gona be a tough week

Yes fruit is high in sugars but when you compare fruit to other foods containing sugar, they are the most nutritionally dense due to containing the vitamins and minerals and anti oxidants which are essential for a healthy body. The body still needs sugar but this is a very small amount and can be easily over consumed in today's diets.

I tell clients to allow themselves 2 pieces/portions of fruit a day and the rest of their fruit and veg portions to come from vegetables (to keep it simple, if it grows on a plant or tree it's a fruit or legume and if it comes out of the ground it's a vegetable)

• Like 1

Thanks your so right i have got strawberries, rasberries,blackberries,mango, apples, oranged, carrots, cucumbers, and if i do feel like cake i can make jamie oliver's heslthy beetroot cake, i think its known in england as cancer cake as its supposed to have healing properties.

Oooo that sounds interesting, do share the recipe :D

Thanks your so right i have got strawberries, rasberries,blackberries,mango, apples, oranged, carrots, cucumbers, and if i do feel like cake i can make jamie oliver's heslthy beetroot cake, i think its known in england as cancer cake as its supposed to have healing properties.

I need the recipe too

RESTAURANTSRESTAURANTSLOG IN

jamieoliver.com

recipes

Chocolate & beetroot cake

IngredientsMethod

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.

2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 20cm springform cake tin with olive oil.

3. Use scissors to cut out a circle of greaseproof paper, roughly the same size as the bottom of the tin, and use it to line the base.

4. Dust the sides of the tin lightly with flour, then tap the tin to get rid of any excess.

5. Break 200g of the chocolate up into small pieces and add to a heatproof bowl.

6. Place the bowl on top of a small pan of simmering water over a medium heat, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water, and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.

7. Once melted, use oven gloves to carefully remove from the heat and put to one side – beware of the steam when you lift up the bowl.

8. Use a Y-shaped peeler to peel the beetroot (you might want to wear gloves to do this), then quarter them on a chopping board.

9. Push the beetroot through the coarse grater attachment on the food processor, then tip into a large mixing bowl.

10. Separate the eggs, placing the whites into a large clean mixing bowl and adding the yolks to the beetroot, then wash your hands.

11. Stir the sugar, almonds, baking powder, cocoa powder and melted chocolate into the beetroot and mix together well.

12. Use an electric hand whisk to whisk the egg whites until you have stiff peaks.

13. Use a spatula to fold a quarter of the egg whites into the beetroot mixture to loosen, then once combined, fold in the rest but try not to over mix.

14. Add the mixture to the prepared cake tin and spread out evenly using a spatula.

15. Bake in the hot oven for around 50 minutes, or until risen and cooked through.

16. To check if it's done, stick a cocktail stick or skewer into the middle of the sponge, remove it after 5 seconds and if it comes out clean the cake's cooked; if it's slightly sticky it needs a bit longer.

17. Allow the cake to cool slightly, then carefully turn it out on to a wire rack to cool completely.

18. When you're ready to serve, melt the remaining chocolate (in the same way as above), then serve each slice with some yoghurt and a little drizzle of the melted chocolate.

Tip:

Flavour wise beetroot is sweet, which is why even though its a vegetable it works really well in cakes. You can grate it by hand using a box grater, if you prefer, depending on how much time you have.

Measuring the ingredients exactly is the key to success, so accurate scales are a very important pieve of equipment. Make sure the scales are set to zero before you start.

Never had time to try it myself lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Diet went out the window last night when I consumed as much alcohol as I could in the fastest time let's say I'm paying for it today lol

Same for me today, except my downfall has been cream slices (12 so far) and pancakes (I needed something to eat the left over cream with).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Inspired by this thread I'm going back to the gym tonight :) For me loosing weight was never a big problem . I can loose about 10-12 kg ( im a big guy - 191 cm tall ) easily , as i've done it couple times before ... The problem is that i always put it back on sooner or later :)

• Like 3

woah i've not been on here for  a while oops

I've had a few bad days  :angry:  but overall i have 1lb to go then i've lost my first stone :D

Have purchased a fitness machine as well and am using that 3 times a week now

Inspired by this thread I'm going back to the gym tonight :) For me loosing weight was never a big problem . I can loose about 10-12 kg ( im a big guy - 191 cm tall ) easily , as i've done it couple times before ... The problem is that i always put it back on sooner or later :)

I'm like that too it a;ways seems to find its way back

• Like 3

Doing well Sarah.  I had a exercise bike once.  I could balance my book on it and a cup of tea and a plate of biscuits.   I needed the energy to get up the hills'  and the flat stretches were so boring I needed the book to keep me interested :D  never lost weight but never gained any. :D

• Like 2